The Thread about Nothing....

****, just watched the Glaetzer DQ in the ride off for bronze.

Shocking decision. Carlin moved up. Jesus the commasaires are ****ing hopeless.

• Wow
Reactions: 531Aussie and steve
Nope. I was going to work a Seekers song reference into my response, but their massively **** and lame-o oeuvre was no help at all, plus I now have Morningtown Train and Day Trip to Bangor stuck in my head, even though the latter isn’t even the Seekers. **** you Judith Durham.

I haven't raced on a velodrome for 30 years. The shorter velodromes (250m) makes it harder for the wheel-sucker to get around the leader on the last bend, right? That's what I've been telling my newbie mates who talk to me like I've raced 30 Grand Tours, because I'm the only person they know who's raced. :p

Who's gunna win the Comm Games road race? 62km to go

Partly. I reckon big tracks make it more tactical. Also, they use shitloads bigger gears in sprints now, its harder to come from behind.

Plapp rode that finish like a ******** I reckon. Talk about telegraph that last counter attack from 8 back. The poms ****ed up even more. Good race, heaps of attacks in the last 40km though, it was like a junior race.

Reactions: 531Aussie
Watching this comm games has got me thinking about Olympics. What **** events should **** off, and what needs to come in?

The kilo and pursuit need to come back, and it can be done without increasing athlete numbers. **** off omnium. It’s ****.

swimming has far too many events. Cull some, like 20 of them.

Athletics can **** off the steeple chase, unless the athletes have to carry midgets on their backs.

**** off horse dancing. Horse people are smelly rich ****s and their horse floats get in my way.

Walking can ******** too because it’s retarded. Even the competitors hate it because they keep getting disqualified trying to run.

**** off water ballet and ribbon dancing.

Ping pong can **** off too.

I’ll think of some more.

• Haha
Reactions: steve and 531Aussie
That course for the road race was a bit ****, even though the race was ok. The next comm games road race is in the valley. They should let me choose the course, but I suspect they’ll race it up and down Kay street like in the nrs gippsland tour because they are stupid. If I choose the course it will be ace.

I agree with all that. I don't mind watching a bit of swimming, but they seem to have a million heats, there are plenty of long races, and multiply that by 4 for the different strokes. The kilo obviously only goes for about a minute, but there are plenty of swimming races that go for ages. It wouldn't bother me if I never saw another breaststroke race in me whole life, however, we do have a few guns at it. As usual, I suppose it comes down to eyeballs on screens

The fastest swimming speed recorded is about 9.6 km/h. I don't think I could watch much cycling if all races were that speed or less. :p

Did you know "Breaking" (aka breakdancing is an Olympic Sport? I reckon that should make the list of so called sports that should be culled.

Here's the last 11 km

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: classic1
That course for the road race was a bit ****, even though the race was ok. The next comm games road race is in the valley. They should let me choose the course, but I suspect they’ll race it up and down Kay street like in the nrs gippsland tour because they are stupid. If I choose the course it will be ace.
What would your course look like? lots of great options around there

What would your course look like? lots of great options around there
Newborough. Use the golf course hill, descend haunted hills road, back up shanahan parade, down Torres Street. You can loop down Monash road then turn back into john field drive back to the climb. They could use the TAFE or leisure centre for the press and parking. Alternatively, cut out Monash and go straight down old sale road and back past Moe Golf club.

Moe has some.good options too. Wirraway Street, Becks Bridge Hill.

Both newborough courses are reasonable technical without being stupid. If they reckon it's too hard take out Shanahan parade.

Traralgon would produce a ***** course unless they went out to Loy Yang, but there's **** all turns. Morwell could produce a hard course using Crinigan Road and the roads out the 10 acre blocks, but it would look shithouse on TV

Reactions: steve
One thing I forgot. Liggett was woeful last night. Kate Bates was significantly better, and this is not a wrap on Kate Bates.

Newborough. Use the golf course hill, descend haunted hills road, back up shanahan parade, down Torres Street. You can loop down Monash road then turn back into john field drive back to the climb. They could use the TAFE or leisure centre for the press and parking. Alternatively, cut out Monash and go straight down old sale road and back past Moe Golf club.

Moe has some.good options too. Wirraway Street, Becks Bridge Hill.

Both newborough courses are reasonable technical without being stupid. If they reckon it's too hard take out Shanahan parade.

Traralgon would produce a ***** course unless they went out to Loy Yang, but there's **** all turns. Morwell could produce a hard course using Crinigan Road and the roads out the 10 acre blocks, but it would look shithouse on TV

Love it, so many of my old training loops :)

Reactions: classic1