The Thread about Nothing....

Reactions: 531Aussie
What was up with van Vleuten’s front wheel? That was one of the weirdest crashes I’ve ever seen. Tubeless spooge all over the place.

Premature ejection for the rider for sure…

Musing about the DP win for Matagi, I noticed that the Corgis have gone to the sweating son. Appropriate really, since he’s clearly the best groomer….

Reactions: classic1
Is it normal for a pro like Simon Clarke to do a ride like this a few days (Wednesday) before a huge race?

4ftSWck.jpg

Yes, at least years ago. I can remember Hinault, LeMond and Argentin doing similar. Ullrich another before the Sydney Olympics.

I saw on FB Davo had been training them behind the moto in Canberra last weekend.

What do we think of the 4 of 5 knuckleheads behind Evenepoel in the last couple of kms? Fmd!
Did they care so much about not gifting a place to the others by leading out that they wouldn't have a serious crack at it? Isn't the number one rule of a successful breakaway to NOT fark around so much near the end that the chasing bunch catches ya? Crikey!

Reactions: steve
What do we think of the 4 of 5 knuckleheads behind Evenepoel in the last couple of kms? Fmd!
Did they care so much about not gifting a place to the others by leading out that they wouldn't have a serious crack at it? Isn't the number one rule of a successful breakaway to NOT fark around so much near the end that the chasing bunch catches ya? Crikey!
I guess the prospect of fame causes people to think in weird ways, just like juvenile racers do on their first race when they blast off from the start line at a million miles per hour only to run out of steam 40 seconds later.

Are there any cricket tragics on here? The 10-over Euro Championship games are live on Youtube

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx5VL6eqg9A
I went to a church school as a kid and played cricket to get out of Religous Education. Hated the sport. Played cricket on Sunday summer mornings to get out of going to church.

For a sport that was I Godly boring it sure did save me from lots of lessons about God.

I now hate cricket and despise religion. It probably lead me down the path of liking rugby and the more physical aspects of bike racing and loving the skirmishes between Kelly and Vanderaerden for example.

They looked shattered when they came past where I was standing at 1.5km to go.

In the vein of Reddit’s “Am I the asshole” here’s tonights rant.

Was out with my daughter getting a pizza. We’re sat at a window seat and notice some asshat in a Dodge RAM3500 dually truck parking next to my car, backing in and out and getting repeatedly closer each time to the point that getting in via the drivers door would be impossible. They both get out the drivers door of the truck (the passenger was an average normal weight guy that performed contortions to get over the center console of the truck). They both looked at my car and the gap that wasn’t there and laughed and came in for a pizza.

Now, the driver, Bubba (I’ll call him that because he’s the size of a whale and far in excess of 250Kg) waddled in and the first two thoughts in my head were “I can easily slide in from the passenger side” and “there’s no way that Bubba the Hut is sliding across that center console in his truck.” Some of the folks in the pizzeria were looking at what was going on. I went out, slid into the drivers seat from the passenger side and parked on the opposite side of the truck to block the drivers door, leaving just a few cm, and came in to a horrified looking Bubba and a bunch of people laughing at what just happened.

My daughter thinks I’m an asshole (Ok, I know I am in general) but I think giving Bubba a cause to either think about a life at a salad bar or reevaluate his attitudes towards parking his huge truck was worth it. Maybe he needs a truck that big to carry his weekly supply of Depends (adult nappies/diapers) home.

Am I the asshole?

I still have it. It’s a 67 Camaro and is, like most cars “a work in progress - and progress is slow.”

The carb and fuel lines were way undersized for the engine that’s in it and the fuel tank doesn’t have the notches in the right places to accommodate the bigger fuel lines between it and the frame. So fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel line pressure testing kit and throttle body fuel injection unit were bought and awaiting installation.

What’s y’all take on the Van der Poel incident?

Reading today that the girls father is outraged at his actions. I view this the other way, those girls shouldn’t be running around a hotel that’s full of elite riders that are racing the next day for a world championship. Riders that have traveled half way around the world.

I want to know why the team doesn’t have people walking the hall ways with big sticks for errant teenage shitheads like those girls.

Consequences: you knock on the door of someone that’s big in the middle of the night and maybe expect a little more than a “please be quiet.”

Ganna’s hour record bike will be a 3D printed alloy bike with knobby bits inspired by humpback whales.

How come they never model bikes after sea creatures that move quickly? Modeling your bike from a fat critter that loafs around at walking speed seems a weird choice.

• Haha
Reactions: steve