The Thread about Nothing....

Dill-Bundi, 4.34.92 in the QF, 1980 Olympics

Umaras rode 4.29 in the final in Vienna, but I’m positive they were into the 4.27s in qualifying. You won’t find it on the internet. That time is from a book I have, it doesn’t have the qualifiers though.

Reactions: 531Aussie
When looking for Woods' time at Edinburgh, I saw the kilo results. I forgot about Rainsford's bronze. That's a grouse effort, especially if Vinnicombe was juicin' and he was wasn't. I forgot (or never knew) that old mate Sturgo did the kilo

RankRiderTime
1st place, gold medalist(s)
1:06.230
2nd place, silver medalist(s)
1:06.334
3rd place, bronze medalist(s)
1:07.346
41:07.429
51:07.834
61:07.835
71:07.899
81:08.132
91:08.633
101:08:661
111:08.850
121:09.126
131:09.280
141:09.739
151:10.165

Sturgess,would have been a baby too. 17 or 18 maybe? I don’t think the Meadowbank track was very fast.

I can remember where I was when I watched the Edinburgh road race. A motel in Rhyll on Phillip Island. Was racing an Open over there in the u16s. Went shithouse, was my first race after I smashed my face up.

It was also the weekend we got our dog, Jack. The owners of the motel gave him to us. He was the last of a litter and him and his mum were getting in trouble as she was teaching him to hunt. They’d named him Tippy. It was too ghey, he was Jack before we got home to Morwell ahahahaha.

Last edited:
Not watching fat Magda and her health challenge show. Whinges about being fat shamed. Also whines about cyclists. Maybe she should put the packet of Samboy salt and vinegar down and like go for a bike ride?

Reactions: 531Aussie and steve
Not sure which made me chuckle the most: the fact that some people still to this day can’t comprehend that it’s about energy in Vs energy out or the fact that I googled “fat Magda” and it told me who Classic was talking about…
Not watching fat Magda and her health challenge show. Whinges about being fat shamed. Also whines about cyclists. Maybe she should put the packet of Samboy salt and vinegar down and like go for a bike ride?
ot

Not sure which made me chuckle the most: the fact that some people still to this day can’t comprehend that it’s about energy in Vs energy out or the fact that I googled “fat Magda” and it told me who Classic was talking about…

ot
Calm down swampy, she's lesbian.

ot
Welcome to Oztralia.
It’s even more interesting than England to America.

2024 Tour to finish in Nice.

Would you rather see another sprint finish or, for once, a really hard day in the mountains over some obscene distance on the final day?

Personally, I’d like to see a 300km Hell day with time bonus sprints on the top of every hill and also on the end of each descent.

2024 Tour to finish in Nice.

Would you rather see another sprint finish or, for once, a really hard day in the mountains over some obscene distance on the final day?

Personally, I’d like to see a 300km Hell day with time bonus sprints on the top of every hill and also on the end of each descent.
Sounds like it's going to be a tt.

I wouldn't have minded a tough road stage or middle mountain stage in the back country behind Nice.

***********, Rebellin retired a month ago aged 51 and a truck wipes him out. Just loved to ride…
Another DPF, along with Christine McVie and Ercole Baldini.

My grandparents saw Baldini win the Olympic road race in Melbourne, out at Broadmeadows. I've raced on part of, if not the same circuit. Reasonably tough, and open to the elements even in the late 80s. It's mostly built up now.

Vittorio Adorni, Noel Dejonckheere, Gerben Karstens, Barbara Walters and B16 as well.

Happy new year tanners

Reactions: steve