The Thread about Nothing....

Hey Llama, it's been a while! How are you enjoying your AirTag fame?

Did you watch any of the races?

AirTag fame... That was interesting. It didn't move the needle at all. Not enough to make it worth my time doing all the TV interviews, etc. Singapore Airlines PR guy called and spun me a load of **** that he wasn't in a position to offer any compensation/discounts/anything.

RE: Nationals. We saw the crit on Friday and the Women's RR on Sunday. I rolled over to the Women's ITT yesterday. The rest I watched on livestream.

Attendance well down. You won't hear that anywhere with the event sponsored largely by tourism bodies.

Reactions: 531Aussie
I was deeply saddened to hear that Tony Reekman was just killed while cycling just south of Rutherglen. He was a lovely fellow who was always willing to come along and take photos for events.

The incident happened on a very quiet road with excellent visibility. He was bloody unlucky given that he did a large percentage of his riding on gravel roads. It certainly has me questioning the dangers of cycling, especially given that I ride very similar types of roads to those that Tony did.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 531Aussie and steve
Not watching fat Magda and her health challenge show. Whinges about being fat shamed. Also whines about cyclists. Maybe she should put the packet of Samboy salt and vinegar down and like go for a bike ride?

I seriously never knew the depth of my love for Samboy salt and vinegar chips until I took up the bike. Stumbled into many a servo in dire need of a coke and some samboy chips. Good times.

Why would anyone spam with an unattributed quote of the first post from this thread just to link to their crappy clickbait?

I can't remember the last time a major race (or stage of a major race) was cancelled due to strong wind

Jeepers! There's a couple of assploding wheels; and how about those snappy wheel changes on the disc bikes? :p

Last edited:
I seriously never knew the depth of my love for Samboy salt and vinegar chips until I took up the bike. Stumbled into many a servo in dire need of a coke and some samboy chips. Good times.
I've got into the bad habit of eating chips after most rides. It started with wanting something very salty after a ride on a warn night, then I couldn't stop. Google 'acrlyamides'. As someone once said on Bike Forums: cancer in a bag :D

I can fill this thread with my bollocks, like i used to in the old days. Wait until I tell yooz about how many kms I'm getting out of a rear Rubino Pro :p

Well that’s a pisser.

Remco wins the second TT, takes the pink jersey back and is now out of the Giro with Covid.

I guess between the UAE and Liege and now a couple of stage wins he gave Quickstep something to be happy about. What is it with that team of late? Karma come back to bite Lefevre in the ass?

Drove a Renault Megane RS Trophy today.

**** me it was quick.
One of my friends back in England has one and said the same thing. He’s a huge Renault fanboi and previously owned the mid engines Clio sport with the V6 and the Renault 5 turbo, which I think was styled after K9 on Dr Who. I drove the 5 quite a bit when I still lived in England and got a drive in the Clio when I was back over there for my dads funeral years ago… Both were fun cars, especially in the narrow country roads.

As much of a petrol head as I am, or was, I’ve started to like some of the smaller electric cars. Driven more than a few miles in a Tesla Model 3 with the performance option and that handles seriously well and is mind bogglingly quick. I picked up a BMW i3 for cheap and even though it’s only rated 180hp and 190ish lb/ft of torque, I’ve never driven a petrol car with those specs go that quickly. It’s more fun to drive through the country roads than the Miata I used to race.

I can fill this thread with my bollocks, like i used to in the old days. Wait until I tell yooz about how many kms I'm getting out of a rear Rubino Pro :p
More than Jumbo are getting out of their tubeless tyres I’m guessing…