The thread to leave Ryan_Velo's thread alone!!!

ryan_velo. said:
I can't wait till' next Monday night's group ride. I'm listening to "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". Gordon light foot is great, it's a fascinating song. "Sundown" is also a great kind of 'cryptic'? song. Just finished my homework, I think I'll watch sanford & son then drift off to sleep.....aaaaaa. I was looking through Performance today, & am I the only one who notices all these stupid looking jerseys? They are kind of funny but they are so dorky looking! Most of them from Primal Wear.
They will help you w/ aerodynamics. They do seem overly done but they serve a purpose. I like the team australia jersey.

jaguar75 said:
This is why I love coming to this website so much...I create a thread about absolutely nothing and here we are on page 2.

Good run today Ryan...I went and picked my niece up from school and postponed my training for my next race yet another day...in other words I dropped my niece off at my bros house and am now sipping on a cocktail typing this post...
I see another love-fest coming on :eek: No, seriously, it is reassuring to have a forum where you are familiar w/ the regulars; liberal & conservative :) .

jaguar75 said:
This is why I love coming to this website so much...I create a thread about absolutely nothing and here we are on page 2.

Good run today Ryan...I went and picked my niece up from school and postponed my training for my next race yet another day...in other words I dropped my niece off at my bros house and am now sipping on a cocktail typing this post...

You must realize that most of us here are experts at nothing and that is why we are so good at threads about nothing. We know absolutely everything about nothing.
And.......can prove it!
Of course some here know less about nothing and even more, less than nothing. I love to study everything about nothing that I can.
That said I have nothing else to say at this time.

jhuskey said:
Of course some here know less about nothing and even more, less than nothing. I love to study everything about nothing that I can.
That said I have nothing else to say at this time.
You took the words that weren't in there previously right out of my mouth.

This morning, I am enjoying a regular-sized Jamba Juice, PeanutButter Moo'd flavor with a protein shot. Pretty darn good. I also enjoyed a cheddar/jalapeno bread twist on the side.

I plan to follow that up with coffee sometime in the next hour or two if I don't feel a little more lively.

I watched the ABC Primetime Live piece last night about adult male chimpanzees and their tendancy to form gangs which dismember rivals; it was, of course, a prelude to recounting the story of that poor man who was pulled apart by a couple of escaped chimps a few months back.

I bring this up because I'm having trouble not thinking of apes this morning. Maybe it's the bannanna blended into my PeanutButter Moo'd.

I like this thread, by the way.

I've been enjoying commuting on my new fixie.
I had an old fixie - a Basso road conversion that was a fun project, friend gave me the frame for free but it was way too small.
I didn't like riding the Basso so much but it was fun to learn fixed gear skills.
Then a couple weeks ago I was in a bike shop and there was a bike there that a guy just wanted the bike shop to take off his hands - so they gave it to me and I swapped all my fixie parts to it. It fits much better and handles much better and is much more fun to ride than the Basso. It looks like something a bike messenger would have and it provides a nice balance to my stable.

I still haven't mastered track stands on a fixie though - I'm pretty good on my derailleur bikes.

I love Jamba Juice!
Looks like rain this weekend.

DiabloScott said:
I've been enjoying commuting on my new fixie.
I had an old fixie - a Basso road conversion that was a fun project, friend gave me the frame for free but it was way too small.
I didn't like riding the Basso so much but it was fun to learn fixed gear skills.
Then a couple weeks ago I was in a bike shop and there was a bike there that a guy just wanted the bike shop to take off his hands - so they gave it to me and I swapped all my fixie parts to it. It fits much better and handles much better and is much more fun to ride than the Basso. It looks like something a bike messenger would have and it provides a nice balance to my stable.

I still haven't mastered track stands on a fixie though - I'm pretty good on my derailleur bikes.

I love Jamba Juice!
Looks like rain this weekend.
You lucky dog. Being able to live on the west coast where there's a progressive on every street corner. I envy you. I did live out there for a couple of year's but didn't get into the scene because I was active military so I didn't have alot of time/money. Anywho, I know a messenger who can do a trackstand on a fixie til' the sun goes down. We have alot of messengers over here in Washington, D.C.

davidmc said:
You lucky dog. Being able to live on the west coast where there's a progressive on every street corner. I envy you. I did live out there for a couple of year's but didn't get into the scene because I was active military so I didn't have alot of time/money. Anywho, I know a messenger who can do a trackstand on a fixie til' the sun goes down. We have alot of messengers over here in Washington, D.C.
Want to be really envious? Read his blog. The guy's practically got some of greatest cycling right outside his front door.

ryan_velo. said:
I can't wait till' next Monday night's group ride. I'm listening to "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". Gordon light foot is great, it's a fascinating song. "Sundown" is also a great kind of 'cryptic'? song. Just finished my homework, I think I'll watch sanford & son then drift off to sleep.....aaaaaa. I was looking through Performance today, & am I the only one who notices all these stupid looking jerseys? They are kind of funny but they are so dorky looking! Most of them from Primal Wear.
Look on ebay. There are lots jerseys there. If you want to be different see if you can get an 'Arrogant ******* Ale' jersey. And no that is not meant as any slight to you. It has got a mean ass looking gargoyle holding a beer. It definitely gets attention. Especially around those bible types.

davidmc said:
They will help you w/ aerodynamics. They do seem overly done but they serve a purpose. I like the team australia jersey.
I know that, I own a few jerseys. I'm talking about the one w/ the stupid dorky desings. I'll see if I can post a few pics.

ryan_velo. said:
I know that, I own a few jerseys. I'm talking about the one w/ the stupid dorky desings. I'll see if I can post a few pics.
I know what you mean. The Primal stuff is getting out of hand.

Colorado Ryder said:
Look on ebay. There are lots jerseys there. If you want to be different see if you can get an 'Arrogant ******* Ale' jersey. And no that is not meant as any slight to you. It has got a mean ass looking gargoyle holding a beer. It definitely gets attention. Especially around those bible types.
Yeah, ryan_velo, the chicks would probably dig it too. Always got to take into account the "babe-magnet ratio" :D