The Time for Newbies to Post

Originally posted by Asqui
Robert Chung wrote:
> "Ger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> It would be great if those that are looking for answers could post them and those with answers
>> would reply without sarcasm and disdain.
>
> Great for you perhaps, but far less entertaining for me.

I wasn't aware this newsgroup's purpose was to provide a source of entertainment for you.

Dani

I am amazed that someone would have the gall to write as Kurgon did. Where do you get off? I beleive that all persons whether they are new or old to the scene have the right to post.
I do not know the intricacies of road racing I enjoy it for the specatacle but boy if you feel the need to be surrounded by cycling boffins then you can have it ......au revoir

RR

In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Why would you bother reading the "newbie posts" if you despise them so
> much?
> > Why do you even respond to them?
>

> Dumbass -
>
> this group gets overrun in July. hundreds of posts/day. Mostly spam.

Aren't you able to discern which threads are no longer worth reading? Besides, you're whining about
something that is mostly irrelevant by now and your continued whining has added 20-30 more "spam"
posts to this ng.

-WG

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:300720031920242175%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Why would you bother reading the "newbie posts" if you despise them so
> > much?
> > > Why do you even respond to them?
> >

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > this group gets overrun in July. hundreds of posts/day. Mostly spam.
>
> Aren't you able to discern which threads are no longer worth reading?

Sure.

I have Microsoft Internet Explorer. For whatever reason, the "ignore thread" option does not work.

Tell me warren, would you rather have the newb post newb questions in July or in winter?

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dumbass?
>
> Just download the headers, not the entire post itself, so it won't waste
the
> precious hard drive space you're so worry about.

Not hard drive space.

Time.

> Why is it Spam when people have genuine questions about cycling? Where
else
> are us newbs gonna post if not here?

Dumbass -

If you have those questions, don't ask them during the TdF (or Paris-Roubaix week or Ardennes week).
Some other time is fine.

>From: robroy

>I am amazed that someone would have the gall to write as Kurgon did. Where do you get off? I
>beleive that all persons whether they are new or old to the scene have the right to post. I do not
>know the intricacies of road racing I enjoy it for the specatacle but boy if you feel the need to
>be surrounded by cycling boffins then you can have it .....au revoir
>
>RR

Come on back. Do what I do -- send people like dumbass to the killfile.

"robroy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Asqui wrote:
> > Robert Chung wrote:
> > > "Ger" <[email protected]> wrote in message

[email protected]news:[email protected]
> > > 95.104...
disdain.

> > > Great for you perhaps, but far less entertaining for me.
> > I wasn't aware this newsgroup's purpose was to provide a source of entertainment for you. Dani
>

> I am amazed that someone would have the gall to write as Kurgon did. Where do you get off? I
> beleive that all persons whether they are new or old to the scene have the right to post. I do not
> know the intricacies of road racing I enjoy it for the specatacle but boy if you feel the need to
> be surrounded by cycling boffins then you can have it .....au revoir
>
> RR

Heads up, all you Newbies...

This is Kurgan's newsgroup. If you want to post, you have to go through Kurgan's one man gauntlet.
He is here 24/7 and inspects every single post. He is lord of RBR and stands as previously stated,
the judge, jury and executioner over RBR. He decides who enters and who leaves. He is more then a
moderator, more like a totalitarian dictatorship of RBR. Just get used to the [Dumbass], and you'll
know your been hit by Kurgan. You can't killfile Kurgan. That's like trying to kill Ben Laden, it's
not possible. So just get used to him if you want to stay here. Sometimes he takes a rare break from
RBR. I suppose he gets in his mouse and goes down to the bank and gets some trust fund money out and
goes on a vacation. If I lived in San Diego I can think of a lot things to do besides hanging around
RBR 24/7, but that's his choice, so suck it up and get used to it.

B-

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bg907q [email protected]:

> What's wrong with newbie questions? There are people out there who gains knowledge in the cycling
> through asking questions. Are new cyclists not welcome to post here?

Like he said, there is nothing wrong with newbie questions.

They could just be a little better timed (ie., not during the TDF).

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Is Kurgan getting into your mind??? "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Ger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > It would be great if those that are looking for answers could post them and those with answers
> > > would reply without sarcasm and disdain.
> >
> > Great for you perhaps, but far less entertaining for me.

Not at all. But he appears to have gotten under your skin.

David N. Welton wrote:

> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Dumbass -
>>
>>why would you try to come into a group as a newbie and try to establish etiquitte?
>

> Isn't that what you are doing?

Actually, I think he's adding a bit more nitrogen to those "verdant, green, dung-fertilized fields"
he referred to in his original post. Takes lots of **** to get things this green. Thank GOD and
country we've got lots of people who are full of it.

In article <Ww%[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:300720031920242175%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > much?
> > >

> > > Dumbass -
> > >
> > > this group gets overrun in July. hundreds of posts/day. Mostly spam.
> >
> > Aren't you able to discern which threads are no longer worth reading?
>

> Sure.
>
> I have Microsoft Internet Explorer. For whatever reason, the "ignore thread" option does not work.

I still use YA Newswatcher but mostly I scan the first few posts in a long thread and then toss the
rest if the trend looks like more useless junk or a thread that wanders into politics.

> Tell me warren, would you rather have the newb post newb questions in July or in winter?

But aren't most of the posts that are bothering you now about the Tour? Let's face it, there isn't
much to talk about in RBR during the winter because guys like us are training plenty and the guys
who live where it's cold don't want to hear about it. The pros aren't doing anything so I guess it's
too many posts sometimes and not enough in other times.

I do agree that it's annoying when people shoot their mouth off without doing any homework first or
repeatedly display their ignorance in the face of people who remind them of these facts.

-WG

"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:300720032143549780%[email protected]...

> I do agree that it's annoying when people shoot their mouth off without doing any homework first
> or repeatedly display their ignorance in the face of people who remind them of these facts.

I don't think this attempt at discouraging newbs from displaying their ignorance will be successful.

That means going back to the old way of dealing with it (playing with them).

K. Gringioni rbr Minister of Disinformation

Generally Noobie questioned are answered. But most of them don't come up with a real question, but
with a personal know-better interpretation which is off base. Being called dumbass is just a fair
exchange then.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> this group gets overrun in July. hundreds of posts/day. Mostly spam.
>
> In the winter, it's ok. The volume is lighter.

In some countries, winter *is* in July - or did you think only the northern hemisphere could
read this NG?

&roo

Andrew Swan schreef:

> In some countries, winter *is* in July - or did you think only the northern hemisphere could read
> this NG?

Monsieur Proust,

in cycling summer is summer and winter is winter. futilities like the earth's whereabouts are of
minor importance.

Thanks, Bart

Andrew Swan wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> this group gets overrun in July. hundreds of posts/day. Mostly spam.
>>
>> In the winter, it's ok. The volume is lighter.
>>
> In some countries, winter *is* in July - or did you think only the northern hemisphere could read
> this NG?
>
> &roo

wned

Originally posted by Kurgan Gringion
is in the offseason.

July is the wrong time - wading through interesting TdF commentary is enough without having to
filter out the newbie spam.

In the off-season, activity is low. A newbie question may actually be welcome.

Unfortunately, the newbie hordes only show up in July, like a suffocating swarm of brown locusts on
RBR's verdant, green, dung-fertilized fields.

GET A LIFE!

You should (again) throw a hissy-fit and go storming away with another elaborate swan-song..."never
to return again"

that'd teach em.

news:<[email protected]>...
> is in the offseason.
>

> July is the wrong time - wading through interesting TdF commentary is enough without having to
> filter out the newbie spam.
>

> In the off-season, activity is low. A newbie question may actually be welcome.
>

> Unfortunately, the newbie hordes only show up in July, like a suffocating swarm of brown locusts
> on RBR's verdant, green, dung-fertilized fields.

Some of us are not newbies, but rather people sick of hearing YOUR dumbass posts the rest of the
year. Ever consider THAT?

I liked it better when you left "for good".

news:<[email protected]>...

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> This is Kurgan's newsgroup. If you want to post, you have to go through Kurgan's one man gauntlet.
> He is here 24/7 and inspects every single post. He is lord of RBR and stands as previously stated,
> the judge, jury and executioner over RBR. He decides who enters and who leaves. He is more
then
> a moderator, more like a totalitarian dictatorship of RBR. Just get used
> the [Dumbass], and you'll know your been hit by Kurgan. You can't killfile Kurgan. That's like
> trying to kill Ben Laden, it's not possible. So just
get
> used to him if you want to stay here. Sometimes he takes a rare break from RBR. I suppose he gets
> in his mouse and goes down to the bank and gets
some
> trust fund money out and goes on a vacation. If I lived in San Diego I can think of a lot things
> to do besides hanging around RBR 24/7, but that's
his
> choice, so suck it up and get used to it.

Bruce,

I'm glad you finally realized who is in charge here.

> My un-intentional name assassination verses your character assassination. Seems like there is a
> gauntlet, usually you or Henry. Why don't you two
guys
> look into seeing if usenet would change the rules for RBR and then you
guys
> could decide who enters or leaves RBR. Moderator, you and Henry can take turns. I mean really,
> what is the problem Carl? I don't go around trashing you like some do to Pappy. I happen to think
> Pappy is cool, he takes a lot of heat but he is never uncivil. Sorry Carl if I rubbed you the
> wrong way,
> never meant to.

BTW, his name is Papai, not Pappy.

i agree with this post james
ps what is the best road shoe to wear. "Kurgan Gringioni"