The Time

Discussion in 'Tell us what you think!' started by Gistane, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Gistane

Gistane New Member

I am in sydney i have in the prefs my timezone set to +10GMT but the time is way way off it says the current time is 10:25pm but it is only 12:25pm on the 12th. Whats the story there?

Tags:

2. Vo2

Vo2 Member

I think the server time is out. Right now, the forum time says it's 8 at night, but it's 9 in the morn here.
    Looks like it's going to be another sunny day here in SA.

3. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

The server time is correct for where it is (give or take a second or two) It seems like the forum time (in your prefs) shouldnt say GMT +10 if your in melbourne for example, but rather +0 as your in the same time zone as this server.

The option is (whatever) +GMT but the value is really is related to the server time zone, if you know of a fix let me know!

It annoys me to, but I havent had the need to look into in till now :rolleyes:

cheers!

4. dhk

dhk New Member

Steve: Pretty sure the server GMT time is still advanced by one hour over true GMT. I'm in US central time zone, which is GMT - 6. Server is running an hour ahead of true GMT.

Not a huge issue to most, I'll agree, but it does confuse me a bit when I look at times for posted responses.

Dan