The timed verdict on the Raleigh X1

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Lee, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hello All,

    After being off work sick yesterday I have timed my commute this morning on the new bike and managed
    to shave 2 minutes off the best time - I wasnt even trying - my 8 mile commute is now down to 33
    minutes (just over) - my original target was 30 mins which at the moment seems easily acheivable -
    just need to push that little bit harder!

    Lee

    Tags:

  2. Drinky

    Drinky Guest

    > After being off work sick yesterday I have timed my commute this morning
    on
    > the new bike and managed to shave 2 minutes off the best time - I wasnt
    even
    > trying - my 8 mile commute is now down to 33 minutes (just over) - my original target was 30 mins
    > which at the moment seems easily acheivable - just need to push that little bit harder!
    >
    > Lee

    If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if you do try.

    Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get on.

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if you do try.
    >
    > Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get
    on.

    Ill give it a whirl - the odd thing with me is if I really try hard i dont do so well, but yeah, ill
    go for it tommorow and see how i get on!

  4. Drinky

    Drinky Guest

    > > If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if
    you
    > > do try.
    > >
    > > Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get
    > on.
    > >

    > Ill give it a whirl - the odd thing with me is if I really try hard i dont do so well, but yeah,
    > ill go for it tommorow and see how i get on!

    If that's the thing with you, you should really try hard not to try hard!

  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > If that's the thing with you, you should really try hard not to try hard!

    Im really trying hard to understand ;-) it sounds good tho!

  6. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    Drinky wrote:
    >>> If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if you do try.
    >>>
    >>> Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get on.
    >>>

    >> Ill give it a whirl - the odd thing with me is if I really try hard i dont do so well, but yeah,
    >> ill go for it tommorow and see how i get on!
    >
    > If that's the thing with you, you should really try hard not to try hard!

    Let your mind go and your body will follow

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.

  7. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Let your mind go and your body will follow

    Aye, i must admit that a lot of my "difficult" bits on the commute are in fact down to mentality.
    There are 2 rather steep hills i climb within a mile of each other and i really struggle up em. Yet
    on my return journey, there is a similar hill fairly close to the start and i seem to "power" up it
    without too much trouble!

  8. Drinky

    Drinky Guest

    > Aye, i must admit that a lot of my "difficult" bits on the commute are in fact down to mentality.
    > There are 2 rather steep hills i climb within a mile of each other and i really struggle up em.
    > Yet on my return journey, there is a similar hill fairly close to the start and i seem to "power"
    > up it without too much trouble!

    Some years ago, someone gave me the best bit of advice about cycling up hills:

    "as your pushing down leg completes the downstroke, gently start to lift it up from the pedal as it
    starts to move upwards. You're not trying to pull the pedal upwards, but rather take the weight of
    your leg off it on the upstroke".

    I tried it the next time I was out and was simply amazed at the results. I found that I had been
    wasting huge amounts of energy pushing up my upstroke leg. At first, I had to concentrate to
    unweight my upstroke leg - but it becomes automatic in no time at all.

    Try it - it really is the best first step to improving your cycling technique and efficiency.

  9. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Some years ago, someone gave me the best bit of advice about cycling up hills:
    >
    > "as your pushing down leg completes the downstroke, gently start to lift
    it
    > up from the pedal as it starts to move upwards. You're not trying to pull the pedal upwards, but
    > rather take the weight of your leg off it on the upstroke".
    >
    > I tried it the next time I was out and was simply amazed at the results.
    > found that I had been wasting huge amounts of energy pushing up my
    upstroke
    > leg. At first, I had to concentrate to unweight my upstroke leg - but it becomes automatic in no
    > time at all.
    >
    > Try it - it really is the best first step to improving your cycling technique and efficiency.

    Im always open to new techniques so yeah, may well do that!