The timed verdict on the Raleigh X1

Lee

Guest
Hello All,

After being off work sick yesterday I have timed my commute this morning on the new bike and managed
to shave 2 minutes off the best time - I wasnt even trying - my 8 mile commute is now down to 33
minutes (just over) - my original target was 30 mins which at the moment seems easily acheivable -
just need to push that little bit harder!

Lee

> After being off work sick yesterday I have timed my commute this morning
on
> the new bike and managed to shave 2 minutes off the best time - I wasnt
even
> trying - my 8 mile commute is now down to 33 minutes (just over) - my original target was 30 mins
> which at the moment seems easily acheivable - just need to push that little bit harder!
>
> Lee

If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if you do try.

Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get on.

"Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if you do try.
>
> Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get
on.

Ill give it a whirl - the odd thing with me is if I really try hard i dont do so well, but yeah, ill
go for it tommorow and see how i get on!

> > If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if
you
> > do try.
> >
> > Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get
> on.
> >

> Ill give it a whirl - the odd thing with me is if I really try hard i dont do so well, but yeah,
> ill go for it tommorow and see how i get on!

If that's the thing with you, you should really try hard not to try hard!

Drinky wrote:
>>> If you can do 33 mins without even trying, 30 mins will be a doddle if you do try.
>>>
>>> Why not try to beat your target tomorrow and let us all know how you get on.
>>>

>> Ill give it a whirl - the odd thing with me is if I really try hard i dont do so well, but yeah,
>> ill go for it tommorow and see how i get on!
>
> If that's the thing with you, you should really try hard not to try hard!

Let your mind go and your body will follow

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Let your mind go and your body will follow

Aye, i must admit that a lot of my "difficult" bits on the commute are in fact down to mentality.
There are 2 rather steep hills i climb within a mile of each other and i really struggle up em. Yet
on my return journey, there is a similar hill fairly close to the start and i seem to "power" up it
without too much trouble!

> Aye, i must admit that a lot of my "difficult" bits on the commute are in fact down to mentality.
> There are 2 rather steep hills i climb within a mile of each other and i really struggle up em.
> Yet on my return journey, there is a similar hill fairly close to the start and i seem to "power"
> up it without too much trouble!

Some years ago, someone gave me the best bit of advice about cycling up hills:

"as your pushing down leg completes the downstroke, gently start to lift it up from the pedal as it
starts to move upwards. You're not trying to pull the pedal upwards, but rather take the weight of
your leg off it on the upstroke".

I tried it the next time I was out and was simply amazed at the results. I found that I had been
wasting huge amounts of energy pushing up my upstroke leg. At first, I had to concentrate to
unweight my upstroke leg - but it becomes automatic in no time at all.

Try it - it really is the best first step to improving your cycling technique and efficiency.

"Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Some years ago, someone gave me the best bit of advice about cycling up hills:
>
> "as your pushing down leg completes the downstroke, gently start to lift
it
> up from the pedal as it starts to move upwards. You're not trying to pull the pedal upwards, but
> rather take the weight of your leg off it on the upstroke".
>
> I tried it the next time I was out and was simply amazed at the results.
> found that I had been wasting huge amounts of energy pushing up my
upstroke
> leg. At first, I had to concentrate to unweight my upstroke leg - but it becomes automatic in no
> time at all.
>
> Try it - it really is the best first step to improving your cycling technique and efficiency.

Im always open to new techniques so yeah, may well do that!