The Tour as inspiration

Scoot wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>
>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour053/BOONEN22

> What does relegation mean in the cycle racing world? Is he banished
> from the race, from the team? Move to the back after a stern talking
> to? Forced to eat paste from a jar?
>
> Thanks for info
>
> Scoot
> Soli Deo Gloria

It means you have to tow Ivan Quaranta's fat ass over the freeway
overpasses for the rest of the Tour.

-Sonarrat.

RonSonic wrote:
> On 9 Jul 2006 19:09:05 -0700, "Scoot" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Bob Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour053/BOONEN22

>>What does relegation mean in the cycle racing world? Is he banished

>>from the race, from the team? Move to the back after a stern talking

>>to? Forced to eat paste from a jar?

> He's ranked dead last for the day.
>
> The paste thing was his idea.
>
> Ron

Actually just last in the group you finished in.. so if you get
relegated in a two-man sprint 5 minutes ahead of the pack, you still get
second place.

in 512837 20060710 042442 Sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually just last in the group you finished in.. so if you get
>relegated in a two-man sprint 5 minutes ahead of the pack, you still get
>second place.

I remember a tour finish some years ago where both members of a two-man
sprint were found guilty and relegated to the rear of the chasing peloton.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:19:10 GMT, Bob Martin wrote:
>I remember a tour finish some years ago where both members of a two-man
>sprint were found guilty and relegated to the rear of the chasing peloton.

Bart Voskamp and Jens Heppner, Tour '97 stage 19.
http://away.com/outside/events/tdf97/stage19.html

--
E. Dronkert

Sonarrat wrote:
> Scoot wrote:
>> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour053/BOONEN22

>> What does relegation mean in the cycle racing world? Is he banished
>> from the race, from the team? Move to the back after a stern talking
>> to? Forced to eat paste from a jar?

> It means you have to tow Ivan Quaranta's fat ass over the freeway
> overpasses for the rest of the Tour.

Much more humiliating than a red card. There are lots of Italians
you could drill and no one would think anything of it.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Sonarrat wrote:
>
>> Scoot wrote:

>>> What does relegation mean in the cycle racing world? Is he banished
>>> from the race, from the team? Move to the back after a stern talking
>>> to? Forced to eat paste from a jar?

>> It means you have to tow Ivan Quaranta's fat ass over the freeway
>> overpasses for the rest of the Tour.

> Much more humiliating than a red card. There are lots of Italians
> you could drill and no one would think anything of it.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Because they would already be 10 minutes behind everyone else?