The Triplets of Belleville is now screening in Melbourne!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, May 13, 2004.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    Guess what! The Triplets of Belleville is now screening in Melbourne!

    Yaaaa with extra crunchy cheese on top.

    <http://www.tripletsofbelleville.com>

    Review from todays Age (13/5/04):
    <http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/12/1084289735163.html>

    French culture, cycling, bad guys AND *Josephine Baker* and Django
    Reinhardt all in one animated movie for the grownups.

    Now showing at Cinema Nova, <http://www.cinemanova.com.au> Rivoli
    Cinemas, <http://www.villagecinemas.com.au> Palace Brighton Bay,
    <http://www.palace.net.au>

    Get onya bike and go see it!!!!

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Guess what! The Triplets of Belleville is now screening in Melbourne!
    > Yaaaa with extra crunchy cheese on top.
    > <http://www.tripletsofbelleville.com>
    > Review from todays Age (13/5/04):
    > <http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/12/1084289735163.html>
    > French culture, cycling, bad guys AND *Josephine Baker* and Django
    > Reinhardt all in one animated movie for the grownups.
    > Now showing at Cinema Nova, <http://www.cinemanova.com.au> Rivoli
    > Cinemas, <http://www.villagecinemas.com.au> Palace Brighton Bay,
    > <http://www.palace.net.au>
    > Get onya bike and go see it!!!!

    WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

    "Eggsellent Smithers"

    Thank you CFSMTB! You have made my day!!!

    --

  3. kingsley

    kingsley Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:57:06 +0000, cfsmtb wrote:

    > Guess what! The Triplets of Belleville is now screening in Melbourne!

    Hmmm, some of the guy from the Eurobike list reckoned that
    this was a good movie. I was going to buy it from blackstar.co.uk
    (a UK dvd web-store), but never got around to it.

    I wonder if it will ever make it a bit further north?

    -kt

  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    kingsley wrote:

    > I wonder if it will ever make it a bit further north?

    Hopefully. Its showing in Perth now. I loved it, though
    I don't see it inspiring too many people to start cycling.
    All those long shots of grinding up hills and mountains,
    with sunken eyes and dull stares on the cyclists!

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > All those long shots of grinding up hills and mountains, with sunken
    > eyes and dull stares on the cyclists!

    isnt that the fun bit? :confused: