The truth about mountain biking in a nutshell

Mike Vandeman

Guest
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:02:25 -0700
Subject: The truth about mountain biking in a nutshell

The best recommended comment from the story about Kelowna's illegal
mtb courses. The truth. It happens here, too -- not just in the USA
and California, etc., like the Mayor likes to remind me. This guy,
"Joe Public", could not have stated it better:

"I was the live-in caretaker on Knox Mountain for two years. This is a
city park and not a mountain bike course and the problem lies
completely with the mentality of the mountain bikers. The city parks
department went to great lengths to allow and accomodate mountain
bikers within the park by discussing needs with mountain bikers and by
creating authorised trails for them to use.

The problem is that most mountain bikers want to do what they want and
go where they want to go. They do not like to follow trails or remain
is selected areas, they like to create trails and jumps, and they are
destroying the park in the process.

I have personally spoken to several "leaders" of local mountain bike
clubs and several owners of local mountain bike stores. Up front they
claim to be supportive of the park rules, yet when they think that no
one is watching, they lead groups of riders down pristine park fields,
creating new trails which will continue to erode for decades, or they
sneak into the park after hours to ride with headlamps.

When approached on unauthorised trails, university educated riders
claim to have not seen the signs and curiously, the next time you
catch them on the same unauthorised trails, the signs have all been
knocked down. These same "leaders" were asked to form work crews to
repair the destruction of the city parks, yet not one rider cared
enough to show up. The rampant lack of respect for Kelowna's parks by
the mountain biking community is the main reason why I did not renew
my contract within the park.

Over the course of 6 years, the mountain biking community of Kelowna
has shown no concern for the park itself, and as such and for the sake
of the park, should be banned completely. It will take 20 years to
repair the damage of their unauthorised rides.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

snip!!!!

You are qualified in no way, shape or form to comment on anything. This is
because you have demonstrated time and again that you are senile and
demented.

Be careful or the sanitorium may revoke your computer privileges.

On Jun 19, 11:58 pm, "Ist-e Mundus, Furia bundus" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> snip!!!!
>
> You are qualified in no way, shape or form to comment on anything. This is
> because you have demonstrated time and again that you are senile and
> demented.
>
> Be careful or the sanitorium may revoke your computer privileges.

Don't forget the fact he is sociopathic and malignant personality
disorder...he's a crackpot!

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:58:28 -0600, "Ist-e Mundus, Furia bundus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>snip!!!!
>
>You are qualified in no way, shape or form to comment on anything. This is
>because you have demonstrated time and again that you are senile and
>demented.
>
>Be careful or the sanitorium may revoke your computer privileges.

Talking to yourself? Learn how to post a reply.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Snip, again.

What would possess anyone to repost your drivel? One only has to see that
you sent the post to know there is nothing worthwhile in it, so keeping it
in a reply is a waste of bandwidth. Pretty much like you are a waste of skin
and natural resources.

BTW, you replied.

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:58:52 -0600, "Ist-e Mundus, Furia bundus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Snip, again.
>
>What would possess anyone to repost your drivel? One only has to see that
>you sent the post to know there is nothing worthwhile in it, so keeping it
>in a reply is a waste of bandwidth. Pretty much like you are a waste of skin
>and natural resources.
>
>BTW, you replied.

Whom are you talking to? Yourself?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:05:57 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:58:52 -0600, "Ist-e Mundus, Furia bundus"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Snip, again.
>>>
>>>What would possess anyone to repost your drivel? One only has to see that
>>>you sent the post to know there is nothing worthwhile in it, so keeping it
>>>in a reply is a waste of bandwidth. Pretty much like you are a waste of
>>>skin
>>>and natural resources.
>>>
>>>BTW, you replied.

>> Whom are you talking to? Yourself?

>You seem to be the only one confused about whom he is speaking to. The rest
>of us figured it out before you pointed out his mistake.

No, you only IMAGINED that you figured it out. Just like you IMAGINED
that you aren't a moron.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

news:eek:[email protected]...

>>> Whom are you talking to? Yourself?

>>You seem to be the only one confused about whom he is speaking to. The
>>rest
>>of us figured it out before you pointed out his mistake.

> No, you only IMAGINED that you figured it out. Just like you IMAGINED
> that you aren't a moron.

I know I'm not a moron, you are questionable. No, we know you are a moron,
there's no question.

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 02:18:16 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:eek:[email protected]...

>>>You seem to be the only one confused about whom he is speaking to. The
>>>rest
>>>of us figured it out before you pointed out his mistake.

>> No, you only IMAGINED that you figured it out. Just like you IMAGINED
>> that you aren't a moron.

>I know I'm not a moron, you are questionable. No, we know you are a moron,
>there's no question.

The fact that you don't know you are a moron PROVES you are a moron.
Everybody ELSE knows it.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:22:52 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> > No, you only IMAGINED that you figured it out. Just like you IMAGINED
>> > that you aren't a moron.

>Would that be the same as you imagining you wrote a book, remember you
>did state this previously...yet no evidence produced.
>
>Or that you imagine yourself to be some great important martyr for
>"the cause" while working for a company that rapes the environment in
>the name of technology.
>
>Or that you imagined you didn't fly to australia...but state you
>walked to the airport...yet never admit to flying in the first
>place...
>
>Or like you imagine every time you post that picture of Mike VandeRman
>running beside the bike, you try and claim that physical specimen as
>you when everyone knows it isn' even close...
>
>You malignant being.

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED:

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.

>> > No, you only IMAGINED that you figured it out. Just like you IMAGINED
>> > that you aren't a moron.

> Would that be the same as you imagining you wrote a book, remember you
> did state this previously...yet no evidence produced.
>
> Or that you imagine yourself to be some great important martyr for
> "the cause" while working for a company that rapes the environment in
> the name of technology.
>
> Or that you imagined you didn't fly to australia...but state you
> walked to the airport...yet never admit to flying in the first
> place...
>
> Or like you imagine every time you post that picture of Mike VandeRman
> running beside the bike, you try and claim that physical specimen as
> you when everyone knows it isn' even close...
>
> You malignant being.

You have serious posting issues, OR you have killfiled Mike and reply to him
anyhow via the posts of others.

..

> You have serious posting issues, OR you have killfiled Mike and reply to him
> anyhow via the posts of others.- Hide quoted text -

My apoligies for my incorrect netiquette. Either way...I see his
response to my post was to try and pan off that photo as himself
again, even though it isn't his Name! He's such an attention *****

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:02:25 -0700
> Subject: The truth about mountain biking in a nutshell
>
> The best recommended comment from the story about Kelowna's illegal
> mtb courses. The truth. It happens here, too -- not just in the USA
> and California, etc., like the Mayor likes to remind me. This guy,
> "Joe Public", could not have stated it better:
>
> "I was the live-in caretaker on Knox Mountain for two years. This is a
> city park and not a mountain bike course and the problem lies
> completely with the mentality of the mountain bikers. The city parks
> department went to great lengths to allow and accomodate mountain
> bikers within the park by discussing needs with mountain bikers and by
> creating authorised trails for them to use.
>
> The problem is that most mountain bikers want to do what they want and
> go where they want to go. They do not like to follow trails or remain
> is selected areas, they like to create trails and jumps, and they are
> destroying the park in the process.
>
> I have personally spoken to several "leaders" of local mountain bike
> clubs and several owners of local mountain bike stores. Up front they
> claim to be supportive of the park rules, yet when they think that no
> one is watching, they lead groups of riders down pristine park fields,
> creating new trails which will continue to erode for decades, or they
> sneak into the park after hours to ride with headlamps.
>
> When approached on unauthorised trails, university educated riders
> claim to have not seen the signs and curiously, the next time you
> catch them on the same unauthorised trails, the signs have all been
> knocked down. These same "leaders" were asked to form work crews to
> repair the destruction of the city parks, yet not one rider cared
> enough to show up. The rampant lack of respect for Kelowna's parks by
> the mountain biking community is the main reason why I did not renew
> my contract within the park.
>
> Over the course of 6 years, the mountain biking community of Kelowna
> has shown no concern for the park itself, and as such and for the sake
> of the park, should be banned completely. It will take 20 years to
> repair the damage of their unauthorised rides.
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Alas, the true Biker!:

http://latinolaughter.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/camp.jpg

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:50:13 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>.
>>
>> You have serious posting issues, OR you have killfiled Mike and reply to him
>> anyhow via the posts of others.- Hide quoted text -

>My apoligies for my incorrect netiquette. Either way...I see his
>response to my post was to try and pan off that photo as himself
>again, even though it isn't his Name!

That's why you posted it: you thought you could convince people that
it's me, LIAR.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:06:27 -0700 (PDT), chatnoir
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:02:25 -0700
>> Subject: The truth about mountain biking in a nutshell
>>
>> The best recommended comment from the story about Kelowna's illegal
>> mtb courses. The truth. It happens here, too -- not just in the USA
>> and California, etc., like the Mayor likes to remind me. This guy,
>> "Joe Public", could not have stated it better:
>>
>> "I was the live-in caretaker on Knox Mountain for two years. This is a
>> city park and not a mountain bike course and the problem lies
>> completely with the mentality of the mountain bikers. The city parks
>> department went to great lengths to allow and accomodate mountain
>> bikers within the park by discussing needs with mountain bikers and by
>> creating authorised trails for them to use.
>>
>> The problem is that most mountain bikers want to do what they want and
>> go where they want to go. They do not like to follow trails or remain
>> is selected areas, they like to create trails and jumps, and they are
>> destroying the park in the process.
>>
>> I have personally spoken to several "leaders" of local mountain bike
>> clubs and several owners of local mountain bike stores. Up front they
>> claim to be supportive of the park rules, yet when they think that no
>> one is watching, they lead groups of riders down pristine park fields,
>> creating new trails which will continue to erode for decades, or they
>> sneak into the park after hours to ride with headlamps.
>>
>> When approached on unauthorised trails, university educated riders
>> claim to have not seen the signs and curiously, the next time you
>> catch them on the same unauthorised trails, the signs have all been
>> knocked down. These same "leaders" were asked to form work crews to
>> repair the destruction of the city parks, yet not one rider cared
>> enough to show up. The rampant lack of respect for Kelowna's parks by
>> the mountain biking community is the main reason why I did not renew
>> my contract within the park.
>>
>> Over the course of 6 years, the mountain biking community of Kelowna
>> has shown no concern for the park itself, and as such and for the sake
>> of the park, should be banned completely. It will take 20 years to
>> repair the damage of their unauthorised rides.
>> --
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>Alas, the true Biker!:
>
>http://latinolaughter.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/camp.jpg

We know. Mountain biking causes impotence. The brain is the first
thing to go.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>My apoligies for my incorrect netiquette. Either way...I see his
>response to my post was to try and pan off that photo as himself
>again, even though it isn't his Name!

>That's why you posted it: you thought you could convince people that
>it's me, LIAR.

Actually, if you remember correctly, but knowing your mind's capacity
and your ailments will not allow this to take place...it was posted to
MAKE FUN and done so exactly as reads just because I knew it would
stick with YOU and bother YOU even though it wasn't you. Which it
evidently has worked well. You lie so often you can't keep up with
yourself.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:30:46 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>My apoligies for my incorrect netiquette. Either way...I see his
>>response to my post was to try and pan off that photo as himself
>>again, even though it isn't his Name!

>>That's why you posted it: you thought you could convince people that
>>it's me, LIAR.

>Actually, if you remember correctly, but knowing your mind's capacity
>and your ailments will not allow this to take place...it was posted to
>MAKE FUN and done so exactly as reads just because I knew it would
>stick with YOU and bother YOU even though it wasn't you. Which it
>evidently has worked well. You lie so often you can't keep up with
>yourself.

You keep changing your story, but you still haven't answered why you
felt it necessary to LIE!

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED:

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:30:46 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>>My apoligies for my incorrect netiquette. Either way...I see his
>>>response to my post was to try and pan off that photo as himself
>>>again, even though it isn't his Name!

>>>That's why you posted it: you thought you could convince people that
>>>it's me, LIAR.

>>Actually, if you remember correctly, but knowing your mind's capacity
>>and your ailments will not allow this to take place...it was posted to
>>MAKE FUN and done so exactly as reads just because I knew it would
>>stick with YOU and bother YOU even though it wasn't you. Which it
>>evidently has worked well. You lie so often you can't keep up with
>>yourself.

> You keep changing your story, but you still haven't answered why you
> felt it necessary to LIE!
>
> Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED:
>
> "I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
> trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
> a laugh.
>
> http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

Is your name Mike Vanderman or is it Mike Vandeman? I'm not saying you
aren't crazy in any case, but you seem to miss the obvious. For instance,
the spelling of your own name would appear to elude you. Yet another
discrepancy that calls into question anything you have to say. You are a
very special man Mr Vandepoopy.

Did you catch that one? Perhaps YOU should learn to read. Try this one: Eat
**** and die Mike Vanderwanker.

> You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
> fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:47:44 -0600, "Ist-e Mundus, Furia bundus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>>Actually, if you remember correctly, but knowing your mind's capacity
>>>and your ailments will not allow this to take place...it was posted to
>>>MAKE FUN and done so exactly as reads just because I knew it would
>>>stick with YOU and bother YOU even though it wasn't you. Which it
>>>evidently has worked well. You lie so often you can't keep up with
>>>yourself.

>> You keep changing your story, but you still haven't answered why you
>> felt it necessary to LIE!
>>
>> Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED:
>>
>> "I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
>> trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
>> a laugh.
>>
>> http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

>Is your name Mike Vanderman or is it Mike Vandeman? I'm not saying you
>aren't crazy in any case, but you seem to miss the obvious. For instance,
>the spelling of your own name would appear to elude you. Yet another
>discrepancy that calls into question anything you have to say. You are a
>very special man Mr Vandepoopy.
>
>Did you catch that one? Perhaps YOU should learn to read. Try this one: Eat
>**** and die Mike Vanderwanker.

Thanks for demonstrating exactly what mountain bikers are like! Is
there any LOWER form of human life on the planet?!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande