The Tyler guestbook

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by JS, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. JS

    JS Guest

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

  3. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    > "JS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >I guess some people can't see the truth even it stares them straight in

    the
    > > eye.
    > >
    > > http://www.tylerhamilton.com/guestbook94.html

    > Same people who think Bush has made their world safer and more secure.

    Oh,
    > what have I done...........

    OK, Tyler dodged the bullet so far. I can't believe Lance would be caught
    doping to the gills. I still think Lance is clean. (But) if Lance is found
    to be waist deep in shit, then that's the last straw for me. I don't follow
    the men that much anyway, and that would really turn me off. I mostly just
    enjoy following the womens slice of the whole pie. Now if someday these
    babes are found to be knee deep in shit as well, I will yell Boo Hoo, but I
    won't quite following the womens events. I still like the babes of cycling,
    poetry in motion, all the climbers and sprinters, trackies and the like. The
    women don't race for the big money so I guess there is less pressure to
    cheat to get results. I would like to think most of the girls are clean. I
    like the girls anyway, underdogs, second fiddle to the men.

    I suppose someone is writing a book that will go underground...

    (How to use drugs in cycling without getting caught)

  4. warren

    warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Sierraman
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > The
    > women don't race for the big money so I guess there is less pressure to
    > cheat to get results. I would like to think most of the girls are clean. I
    > like the girls anyway, underdogs, second fiddle to the men.

    A woman might have more incentive to cheat. Every bit of prize money
    received and every preme won is often needed just to keep racing at
    all-a lot like a t3 male pro. Steroids are cheap and very effective for
    women users. But I hope you're right.

    -WG

  5. Badger_South

    Badger_South Guest

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:09:09 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >OK, Tyler dodged the bullet so far. I can't believe Lance would be caught
    >doping to the gills. I still think Lance is clean. (But) if Lance is found
    >to be waist deep in shit, then that's the last straw for me. I don't follow
    >the men that much anyway, and that would really turn me off. I mostly just
    >enjoy following the womens slice of the whole pie.

    Not trying to stir up anything, but have any of the women ever been alleged
    to be doping? I can't recall anything, but I've only been following cycling
    in the last year. Just curious, iow.

    -B

  6. On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:23:34 -0400, Badger_South <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Not trying to stir up anything, but have any of the women ever been alleged
    >to be doping? I can't recall anything, but I've only been following cycling
    >in the last year.

    Perhaps you didn't follow cycling in the Olympics then. Google Calle
    and medal.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  7. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:09:09 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >OK, Tyler dodged the bullet so far. I can't believe Lance would be caught
    > >doping to the gills. I still think Lance is clean. (But) if Lance is

    found
    > >to be waist deep in shit, then that's the last straw for me. I don't

    follow
    > >the men that much anyway, and that would really turn me off. I mostly

    just
    > >enjoy following the womens slice of the whole pie.

    > Not trying to stir up anything, but have any of the women ever been

    alleged
    > to be doping? I can't recall anything, but I've only been following

    cycling
    > in the last year. Just curious, iow.

    Amber Neben had a run in. Google her. Jeanson has been suspect.

    You can check this...

    http://cyclisme.dopage.free.fr/annuaire.htm#Femmes

  8. RWM

    RWM Guest

    "Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:09:09 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >OK, Tyler dodged the bullet so far. I can't believe Lance would be caught
    > >doping to the gills. I still think Lance is clean. (But) if Lance is

    found
    > >to be waist deep in shit, then that's the last straw for me. I don't

    follow
    > >the men that much anyway, and that would really turn me off. I mostly

    just
    > >enjoy following the womens slice of the whole pie.

    > Not trying to stir up anything, but have any of the women ever been

    alleged
    > to be doping? I can't recall anything, but I've only been following

    cycling
    > in the last year. Just curious, iow.
    >
    > -B

    The poster child for women doping...Tammy Thomas was banned for life.

  9. warren wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Sierraman
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > The
    > > women don't race for the big money so I guess there is less

    pressure to
    > > cheat to get results. I would like to think most of the girls are

    clean. I
    > > like the girls anyway, underdogs, second fiddle to the men.

    > A woman might have more incentive to cheat. Every bit of prize money
    > received and every preme won is often needed just to keep racing at
    > all-a lot like a t3 male pro. Steroids are cheap and very effective

    for
    > women users. But I hope you're right.

    Goddamm, you're stupid.

    Less money = more incentive to cheat? Moronic.

    Would you risk your health and your reputation for $500?

    How about for $500,000?

    I never did dope, not for the $500 on the line at local Fattie races.
    But for hundreds of thousands, I would have given it very serious
    consideration.

    K. Gringioni

  10. Badger_South

    Badger_South Guest

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:31:21 -0700, "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:09:09 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> >OK, Tyler dodged the bullet so far. I can't believe Lance would be caught
    >> >doping to the gills. I still think Lance is clean. (But) if Lance is

    >found
    >> >to be waist deep in shit, then that's the last straw for me. I don't

    >follow
    >> >the men that much anyway, and that would really turn me off. I mostly

    >just
    >> >enjoy following the womens slice of the whole pie.

    >> Not trying to stir up anything, but have any of the women ever been

    >alleged
    >> to be doping? I can't recall anything, but I've only been following

    >cycling
    >> in the last year. Just curious, iow.
    >>
    >> -B
    >>

    >The poster child for women doping...Tammy Thomas was banned for life.

    http://www.uci.ch/data_2001/track/worlds/pix/sf_podium.jpg

    Hmm, looks like a guy in a wig. ;-)

    -B

  11. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

  12. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    > I never did dope, not for the $500 on the line at local Fattie races.
    > But for hundreds of thousands, I would have given it very serious
    > consideration.

    Why am I not surprised?

    Andy Coggan

  13. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Goddamm, you're stupid.

    > Less money = more incentive to cheat? Moronic.

    > Would you risk your health and your reputation for $500?

    > How about for $500,000?

    I used to believe in the profit motive to doping as
    outlined above. Tammy Thomas changed my mind. I now
    believe there are non-monetary rewards that are
    valued highly enough to cause people to do goofy
    shit that is not justified by the financial returns
    alone.

    You can see examples of this at just about any local
    race. If you go to Superweek you can see it in bulk.
    Dave Fuentes is probably the best known example of
    doping for profit at that level, and he'd be better
    off financially if he just went out and got a job.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  14. Badger_South <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:31:21 -0700, "RWM" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    > found

    > follow

    > just
    > >>
    > >> Not trying to stir up anything, but have any of the women ever been

    > alleged
    > >> to be doping? I can't recall anything, but I've only been following

    > cycling
    > >> in the last year. Just curious, iow.
    > >>
    > >> -B
    > >>

    > >The poster child for women doping...Tammy Thomas was banned for life.

    > http://www.uci.ch/data_2001/track/worlds/pix/sf_podium.jpg
    >
    > Hmm, looks like a guy in a wig. ;-)
    >
    > -B

    Check out the edition of today's (24-Sep-04) letters to
    Cyclingnews.com and tell me that most of the American public is snowed
    under by Hamilton being purely innocent even though some of the
    evidence, so far, suggests otherwise. People are crazy! An
    American doping? NEVER! Sheep...

    Tom

  15. gym gravity

    gym gravity Guest

    Bob Schwartz wrote:
    > and he'd be better
    > off financially if he just went out and got a job.

    Work wouldn't be as fun, though. Prolonged adolescence, that's what
    he's living for. Eternal frat boy.

  16. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    >Check out the edition of today's (24-Sep-04) letters to
    >Cyclingnews.com and tell me that most of the American public is snowed
    >under by Hamilton being purely innocent even though some of the
    >evidence, so far, suggests otherwise. People are crazy! An
    >American doping? NEVER! Sheep...

    Nothing wrong with waiting till all the evidence is seen. It does look
    bad at the moment for Tyler. In America it is innocent until proven guilty
    beyond a reasonable doubt.
    ------------
    Alex

  17. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > warren wrote:

    > Goddamm, you're stupid.
    >
    > Less money = more incentive to cheat? Moronic.
    >
    > Would you risk your health and your reputation for $500?
    >
    > How about for $500,000?
    >
    > I never did dope, not for the $500 on the line at local Fattie races.
    > But for hundreds of thousands, I would have given it very serious
    > consideration.
    >

    > K. Gringioni

    I couldn't agree more. Basically there are 5 cyclist in the US that
    are allowed to dope based on Salaries. All other are retards.*** By
    the way what really hurts the average "pro" cyclist is that even if
    they doped to the gills they probably wouldn't be make a real living
    out of the sport do to lack of talent.

    1. Lance
    2. Tyler
    3. George
    4. Levi
    5. Freddy
    6. ***Special excemption
    ---------
    7. Tom D. maybe next year

    RVD
    *** Special excemption. I am assuming that even most loser cyclist
    could make a reasonable living doing something else, and would be
    better off financially. If you tell me that cycling was your way out
    off the mean streets of Santa Monica, Cal and it was either dope and
    make $10k a year as a cyclist or a life of crime and stealing shit out
    of my luxury auto when I park at night, you too can be on the list of
    allowed dopers.

  18. Andy Coggan wrote:
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > > I never did dope, not for the $500 on the line at local Fattie

    races.
    > > But for hundreds of thousands, I would have given it very serious
    > > consideration.

    > Why am I not surprised?
    >
    > Andy Coggan

    Dumbass -

    Just because you won't doesn't mean others won't. Considering how many
    people pay for the privilege of dumping illegal drugs into their bodies
    in the hopes of having a good time, you can be sure that even more
    would be willing to do it when there's money to be made.
    K. Gringioni
    not as ego-centric as Cooglian

  19. Bob Schwartz wrote:
    > Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Goddamm, you're stupid.

    > > Less money = more incentive to cheat? Moronic.

    > > Would you risk your health and your reputation for $500?

    > > How about for $500,000?

    > I used to believe in the profit motive to doping as
    > outlined above. Tammy Thomas changed my mind. I now
    > believe there are non-monetary rewards that are
    > valued highly enough to cause people to do goofy
    > shit that is not justified by the financial returns
    > alone.

    Dumbass -

    You're missing the point. Warren was arguing that less money = more
    incentive.

  20. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > warren wrote:

    > > Goddamm, you're stupid.
    > >
    > > Less money = more incentive to cheat? Moronic.
    > >
    > > Would you risk your health and your reputation for $500?
    > >
    > > How about for $500,000?
    > >
    > > I never did dope, not for the $500 on the line at local Fattie races.
    > > But for hundreds of thousands, I would have given it very serious
    > > consideration.
    > >

    > > K. Gringioni

    > I couldn't agree more. Basically there are 5 cyclist in the US that
    > are allowed to dope based on Salaries. All other are retards.*** By
    > the way what really hurts the average "pro" cyclist is that even if
    > they doped to the gills they probably wouldn't be make a real living
    > out of the sport do to lack of talent.
    >
    > 1. Lance
    > 2. Tyler
    > 3. George
    > 4. Levi
    > 5. Freddy
    > 6. ***Special excemption
    > ---------
    > 7. Tom D. maybe next year
    >
    > RVD
    > *** Special excemption. I am assuming that even most loser cyclist
    > could make a reasonable living doing something else, and would be
    > better off financially. If you tell me that cycling was your way out
    > off the mean streets of Santa Monica, Cal and it was either dope and
    > make $10k a year as a cyclist or a life of crime and stealing shit out
    > of my luxury auto when I park at night, you too can be on the list of
    > allowed dopers.

    Just curious, how's the Santa Monica pier doing these days? That place used
    to be pretty cool when I was a kid. Old guys playing chess, P.O.P. and of
    course all the cool shops both on the pier and just slightly inland. I heard
    Maria Shriver was shopping over there the other day. Isn't that Brat pack
    country?