The Ultimate Chang Challenge

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> "National 'cross champions to race each other"
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov26crossnews
>
> When I read the headline I thought it would be Nijs against Groenendaal,
> Franzoi, Stybar et al. But no.

Dumbass -

Since you regularly beat BoogerD in sprints, maybe they'd give you an
honarary Masters Fattie championship jersey. Why the hell wouldn't
they? Everyone else has one.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
rbr Masters National Champion

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>>"National 'cross champions to race each other"
>>http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov26crossnews
>>
>>When I read the headline I thought it would be Nijs against Groenendaal,
>>Franzoi, Stybar et al. But no.

> Dumbass -
>
> Since you regularly beat BoogerD in sprints, maybe they'd give you an
> honarary Masters Fattie championship jersey. Why the hell wouldn't
> they? Everyone else has one.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> rbr Masters National Champion

OK, lets count them up. From http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=320

U23 Road - 6
Elite Road - 12
Junior Road - 24
Collegiate Road - 12 individual, 6 team
Master Road - 83

Elite Track - 22
U23 Track - 8
Junior Track - 27
Collegiate Track - 11 individual, 4 team
Master Track - 71

Mountain Bike - 94
Collegiate Mountain Bike - 20 individual, 2 team
Trials - 5

Cyclocross - 22

Mountain biking takes the age graded concept to an almost retarded
level, extending it throughout the entire set of Expert category
races. So it's hard to compare totals against the other masters
fatty disciplines. But I believe the sum of championships awarded
to age-graded competitors over thirty is not quite 200.

That adds up to 417 total plus the collegiate team titles. I don't
know the details of those and I don't want to know. I would have
thought mountain biking would have pushed the grand total over 500
but that appears to not be the case.

Bob Schwartz

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Bob Schwartz wrote:
>>
>>>OK, lets count them up. From
>>>http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=320

>>http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/usac-champions.png
>>

> Such is the case in the age of specialization and pandering to market
> segments. I consider "graduations" from third to fourth grade (for example)
> and standing ovations for insignificant achievement to be in the same
> category.

In NYC, graduating from third to fourth grade is no longer a gimme.

http://www.gothamgazette.com/article/20040406/6/942

If the kids don't get into fourth grade, they don't take the fourth
grade test which determines whether the schools meet federal standards.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Scott wrote:
> I'm just curious, but why does the issue of masters' racing and all
> that it entails bother you so much?
>
> Did your wife run off with an old, fat guy or something?

No, his parrot did.