The ULTIMATE Grouppo Poll

Mirage (9spd) for me. After Sora (7 spd) it was a massive improvement.
Never tried the higher end Shimano groups but I love the ability to move through multiple gears with one shift and the cables going under the bar tape that you get with Campy.

Tonto said:
Mirage (9spd) for me. After Sora (7 spd) it was a massive improvement.
Never tried the higher end Shimano groups but I love the ability to move through multiple gears with one shift and the cables going under the bar tape that you get with Campy.
Campagnolo C record with delta brakes, and high flange hubs, all with century finish

OrbeaMike said:
Campagnolo C record with delta brakes, and high flange hubs, all with century finish

Now that's old skool, biatch!!! Takes me back......:D

Doctor Morbius said:
Definitely some bias on this poll. Put me down for Deore LX.

my bad dude.. i should've named it the ULTIMATE road grouppo poll.

didnt mean to disrespect you mtn bikers

im pretty suprised that most of the roadies on this board use either DA, Record or Ultegra.. mostly big baller racer types eh?

mksalazar said:
im pretty suprised that most of the roadies on this board use either DA, Record or Ultegra.. mostly big baller racer types eh?
That assumption is not entirely correct. Actually, most of the roadies that have opted to answer the pole are using DA, Record or Ultegra. That may or may not include most of the roadies on this forum.

Also, the wording of the thread may be a little confusing to some. The title of the thread is "The ULTIMATE Grouppo Poll" so some may put down what they would like to have as their ultimate component group and not what they are actually using. Semantics.

By the way, no disrespect taken. I actually own a few road bikes too. Two of them are 105 and one of them is Tiagra equipped. However, my favorite component group bang-for-the-buck wise is Deore LX. I also think it is easier to shift from that position but that's a personal thing. I'm sure most like the STI system better.

mksalazar said:
my bad dude.. i should've named it the ULTIMATE road grouppo poll.

didnt mean to disrespect you mtn bikers

No, you should have named it the ultimate road *gruppo* poll.

Anything that comes with 180mm cranks, (un)fortunately that leaves me with a choice between DA & Record only :D

Where's the "none of the above" box? I'm interested in alternatives to Shimano or Campagnolo. Does anyone have a current roadbike without any components from the two giants?

also this poll lacks a "*******" option for all of us mixin it up.

I used to ride a bike with a campy rear mech, friction shifters and shimano gearing.