The ultimate running shoe

In article <[email protected]>, Bill-always hard-Rodgers wrote:

> "Seem to provide" is the key. Although stiffer feeling than most Nikes, Asics probably provides
> far more protection to your feet. Cushioning is responsible for an awful lot of injuries because
> cushioning equals instability, ESPECIALLY in Nikes. NB feel like they have a marble under my feet,
> but some people like them. Go to a good running store with qualified people.

FWIW, I checked out the shoes in the shop, and I'm really impressed with the feel of the Asics line.
A nice firm cushion, not spongy like some of the other shoes (the biggest offender was the Brooks
Glygerin). Since I've worked with AT problems, the last thing I want is spongy shoes.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> FWIW, I checked out the shoes in the shop, and I'm really impressed with the feel of the Asics
> line. A nice firm cushion, not spongy like some of the other shoes (the biggest offender was the
> Brooks Glygerin). Since I've worked with AT problems, the last thing I want is spongy shoes.

FWIW I agree. I have been using the 20nn series, currently the 2080's with great success for many
years, at 4-6 pairs per year and some lengthy runs to really push the plunger.

Tom....na, na,...na, na. :)

--
Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
[email protected]