The UPS Wentches

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Alien Stick, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Alien Stick

    Alien Stick Guest

    Ok so i bought my unicycle a about a week and a half back, and it was
    supposed to be here on the 5th, BUT the UPS witches lost my package, so
    i have a full track going on with my package

    --
    Alien Stick - Yes, Alien Stick. You Know ;)
    Alien Stick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8741

  2. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    Maybe it was this guy
    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album121/blur.sized.jpg]

    He looks pretty shady.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job

  3. phlegm

    phlegm Guest

    I hate UPS. The street I live on was brand new three years ago, but I
    still have to call and give them directions every single time I order
    something. I was supposed to receive a package today, but the tracking
    details note that I was unavailable for a signature today which is
    absolute BS since I work from home sitting 10 feet from my front door.
    :mad:

    --
    phlegm - skill level e
    phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

  4. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

    I like UPS. They have always delivered my packages on the day they said
    they would. And, my dad gets a package every other day from UPS for work
    and he has yet to complain about their service. It must be those people
    in the UPS Rochelle IL hub...

    --
    Catboy - RIP Unibiker

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

    RIP Unibiker

  5. Diznei

    Diznei Guest

    There was that big snowfall recently. That probably had something to do
    with the UPS problems. I had trouble with a Fed Ex package that arrived
    a day late just today.

    --
    Diznei - U of I Juggler and Unicycler
    Diznei's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8959

  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

  7. Alien Stick

    Alien Stick Guest

  8. daino149

    daino149 Guest

  9. The ups man is afraid of our dog(small pupie-ish dog)and whenever he
    comes to our house he honks his horn and makes us go all the way out to
    his truck to get the package.

    --
    forrestunifreak - ...

    R.I.P. Unibiker.

  10. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > *The ups man is afraid of our dog(small pupie-ish dog)and whenever he
    > comes to our house he honks his horn and makes us go all the way out
    > to his truck to get the package. *

    Well, most of the drivers I've spoken to said that they've been bit by
    small dogs and not big ones. It's better to be safe then sorry.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job

  11. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > *The ups man is afraid of our dog(small pupie-ish dog)and whenever he
    > comes to our house he honks his horn and makes us go all the way out
    > to his truck to get the package. *

    wussy.

    You must get packages a lot, or you live in a really small town, if your
    UPS guy actually knows your dog.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  12. yoopers

    yoopers Guest

    Catboy wrote:
    > *I like UPS. They have always delivered my packages on the day they
    > said they would. And, my dad gets a package every other day from UPS
    > for work and he has yet to complain about their service. It must be
    > those people in the UPS Rochelle IL hub... *

    Just ran across this. I think you're making a joke here, right? :)The
    actual UPS hub in this area is in Rockford, a half hour north of us.

    Our runway is only about 4300 ft. long so no jumbo aircraft here unless
    they come down in the cornfields.

    Bruce

    --
    yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards

    `_______
    /L ,[____],
    L---L –0LLLLLLL0-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

    Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them
    from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

    BEN WAS HERE!!!!

    (I see I left Ben home alone and my computer unattended for awhile)
    yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

  13. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    UPS aren't so bad, they only took a week to get my giraffe from
    california to oxford (several thousand miles) but it took parcel force 7
    weeks to send a letter from their depot 5 miles from my house to me to
    tell me to pick it up. Oh and UPS shipped for $35 which is very cheap
    indeed. In a bored moment i worked out a group of unicyclists working
    round the clock could have actually ridden it from california faster
    (presuming some equal length over land route was available).

    --
    kington99 - I HAVE figured out how to change th

    Dave

  14. daino149 wrote:
    > *Well, most of the drivers I've spoken to said that they've been bit
    > by small dogs and not big ones. It's better to be safe then sorry. *

    Yeah, well the reason she barks at him is because he takes the package
    and literally hits her over the head with them.

    --
    forrestunifreak - Why change this thing, anyway?

    "You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

    ~Y.C. tv

    'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

  15. jeenyus

    jeenyus Guest

  16. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *wussy.*

    Not liking to get bitten by dogs makes you a wussy?
    > *You must get packages a lot, or you live in a really small town, if
    > your UPS guy actually knows your dog. *

    Generally, each driver has a route they do regularly. They get to know
    every house on the route. The dogs stand out, if they keep you from
    getting to the door. As a delivery person, you learn not to trust dogs.
    Most dogs will just bark, but a few will protect their territory.

    I was bitten once as a UPS driver, by a tiny little dog. I walked up to
    a house surrounded by little ankle-biting dogs, all yapping at me. One
    of them got my achilles tendon.
    1. Annoying.
    2. Harder, and it could have screwed up my walking for a time.
    3. How do I know said yap dog doesn't have rabies or some other nasty
    problem?
    4. So don't call me a wussy.

    There was another house I often went to that had three large dogs, all
    barking at my door. Their circular drive went right in front of their
    porch, so one time I was able to toss the package (carefully) onto the
    porch without exiting the vehile. It is not my job to "experiment" with
    your dogs. Of course you also don't get a yellow sticky-note on your
    door either, for the same reason...

    I worked for UPS less than four months, but during that time, I had
    Oyster Bay, NY as my area for several weeks running. I could still
    probably find any address there within minutes (without using
    Mapquest).

    UPS is generally very good about delivering to my house. My biggest
    gripe is when they don't leave things out of sight and out of weather.
    It's not that hard. Leaning up against the front door doesn't cut it.

    Also I don't like when I order things online, relatively inexpensive
    ones, and instead of being delivered, I get a note on my door saying I
    need to sign. Why don't you tell me this up front! I'll have you deliver
    it to my work, or someplace where there's always someone there to sign
    for it!

    --
    johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

  17. e39m5

    e39m5 Guest

    Anyone watching the news? Apparently UPS lost a box of computer files
    containing 4 millions peoples social security numbers and other private
    info. Eek. UPS has always delivered on time, but i always find on time
    slow, errrr.

    e39m5

    --
    e39m5
    e39m5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9836

  18. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

    I was making a joke about it being in Rochelle, IL. But, whenever I do
    order from UPS, my pakcage awlays SITS in IL for at least 3 days before
    I get a departure notice from the hub. But I DO love UPS... way better
    than FedEx.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

  19. evil-nick

    evil-nick Guest

    The UPS guy used to pick our dog up, make his delivery, and then drop
    him off again :D

    UPS is generally good with us... I rememebr once when I built my old
    computer the motherboard was supposed to arrive here 3 days after the
    processor... well, they ended up int he same transit facility and
    someone was smart enough to send them both together :)

    --
    evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/