The US Congress has just authorised the President of

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
> [...]
>137) Victor Belluda i Ventur, Barcelona,Catalonia
>138) MaAntonia Balletbo, Barcelona, Spain
>139) Mireia Masdevall Llorens, Barcelona,Spain
>140) Clara Planas, Barcelona, Spain
>141) Fernando Labastida Gual, Barcelona,Spain
>142) Cristina Vacarisas, Barcelona, Spain
>143) Enric Llarch i Poyo, Barcelona, Catalonia
>144) Rosa Escoriza Valencia, Barcelona,Catalonia
>145) Silvia Jimenez, Barcelona, Catalonia
>146) Maria Clarella, Barcelona, Catalonia
>147) Angels Guimera, Barcelona, Catalonia
>148) M.Carmen Ruiz Fernandez, Barcelona,Catalonia
>149) Rufi Cerdan Heredia, Barcelona,Catalonia
>150) M. Teresa Vilajeliu Roig, Barcelona,Catalonia
>151) Rafel LLussa, Girona, Catalonia,Spain
>152) Mariangels Gallego Ribo, Gelida,Catalonia
>153) Jordi Cortadella, Gelida, Catalonia
>154) Pere Botella, Barcelona, Catalonia(Spain)
>155) Josefina Auladell Baulenas, Catalunya(Spain)
>156) Empar Escoin Carceller, Catalunya(Spain)
>157) Elisa Pla Soler, Catalunya (Spain)
>158) Paz Morillo Bosch, Catalunya (Spain)
>159) Cristina Bosch Moreno, Madrid (Spain)
>160) Marta Puertolas, Barcelona (Spain)
>161) Elisa del Pino (Madrid) Spain
>162) Joaquin Rivera (Madrid) Spain
>163) Carmen Barral (Madrid) Spain
>164) Carmen del Pino (Madrid) Spain
>165) Asuncion del Pino (Madrid) Spain
>166) francesca Mostardini (Milano) Italy
>167) Federico Bonadeo (Milano) Italy
>168) Jo Burchell (Dorset) England
>169) Matt Hinds (London) England
>170) Vladimir Eatwell (London) England
>171) Hannah Dawson (Cambridge) England
>172) Helen Peeks (London) England
>173) Judit Child (St. John) U.S.V.I
>174) Kathaleen (Texas) U.S.A.
>175) Deana Blanch (Texas) U.S.A
>176) Erin Flaherty Vancouver, Canada
>177) Holly Flaherty Daegu, South Korea
>178) Meredith J. Hayes, Montreal, Canada
>179) Jeffrey Murray Gougeon, Seoul, South Korea)
>180) Chris Gougeon, Montreal, Canada
>190) Rob Shallhorn, Montreal, Canada
>191) Marc Edmunds, London, England
>192) Marie-Eve Duffy,Montreal, Canada
>193) Katie Ewald, Montreal, Canada
>194) Christine Kjellberg, Hosle, Norway
>195) Siri B. Rom, Stabekk, Norway
>196) Halvard A. Møgster, Norway
>197) Tor Grønvik, Norway
>198) Dag Wollebæk, Norway
>199) Else Hostvedt, Norway
>200) Geir Allan Stava, Norway
>201) Finn W. Fosen, Norway
>202) Kjell Olav Leirvåg, Norway
>203) Sissel Andsnes, Norway
>204) Lars Øystein Folkedal
>205) Berit Johanne Folkedal
>206) Nina Janne Dalseth, Oslo, Norway
>207) Leif Hadland, Stavanger, Norway
>208) Kjersti Melkersen, Oslo, Norway
>209) Leif Levinsen, Halden, Norway
>210) Inger lise Skauge, Halden, Norway
>211) An-Magritt Hauge, Norway
>212) Liv Bøyesen, Norway
>213) Anne Høigård, Stavanger, Norway
>214) Jevon Dangeli, South Africa
>215) Grant Harrison, Australia
>216) Paul Young, England
>216) Unni Soelberg, Norway 217} Matt Sladen, Australia 218} Bernard hall-Falconer, Norway
219) Duncan Mitchell, England 220} Colette Eaton, England 221} Jane hogg, England
220) Linda Rimmer, England
221) Shaun Rimmer, England.

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> The US Congress has just authorised the President of

<snip>

I got this at the start of November - the UN isn't collecting signatures. Nice to see they changed
the e-mail address though, which was a unicwash.org address. See here for details:
http://www.unicwash.org/unic%20was%20response%20to%20petition.htm

Shame they haven't changed the first 165 names on the list though...

You can jump up and down and yell and scream about this all you want, Shaun, but come hell or high
water Duhbuya will invade Iraq. It's personal with him (Saddam took a pot shot at his daddy), and
too many cattle from the GOP (God's Own Party) are following along with the blinders on.

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > The US Congress has just authorised the President of
>
> <snip>
>
> I got this at the start of November - the UN isn't collecting signatures.

Right. Although I was highly dubious, since the media hadn't mentioned it, I still wanted to add my
name to that list. I just like the feeling of doing it, and would like to hope someone could make
positive use of such a list ',;~}

> Nice to see they changed the e-mail address though, which was a unicwash.org address. See here for
> details: http://www.unicwash.org/unic%20was%20response%20to%20petition.htm
>
> Shame they haven't changed the first 165 names on the list though...

Heheheheh...

Shaun aRe

John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:FGUX9.8957$Ve4.1721@sccrnsc03...
> You can jump up and down and yell and scream about this all you want,
Shaun,
> but come hell or high water Duhbuya will invade Iraq. It's personal with him (Saddam took a pot
> shot at his daddy), and too many cattle from the
GOP
> (God's Own Party) are following along with the blinders on.

Aye - that's well as maybe, but it ain't gonna stop me saying how I feel about it at every given
opportunity ',;~}

Shaun aRe

> > You can jump up and down and yell and scream about this all you want,
> Shaun,
> > but come hell or high water Duhbuya will invade Iraq. It's personal
with
> > him (Saddam took a pot shot at his daddy), and too many cattle from the
> GOP
> > (God's Own Party) are following along with the blinders on.
>
> Aye - that's well as maybe, but it ain't gonna stop me saying how I feel about it at every given
> opportunity ',;~}

Unlike me.. ;)

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>>> The US Congress has just authorised the President of
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I got this at the start of November - the UN isn't collecting signatures.
>
> Right. Although I was highly dubious, since the media hadn't mentioned it, I still wanted to add
> my name to that list. I just like the feeling of doing it, and would like to hope someone could
> make positive use of such a list ',;~}
>
>> Nice to see they changed the e-mail address though, which was a unicwash.org address. See here
>> for details: http://www.unicwash.org/unic%20was%20response%20to%20petition.htm
>>
>> Shame they haven't changed the first 165 names on the list though...
>
> Heheheheh...
>
> Shaun aRe

I've been told that email petetions are not given any real consideration the way a real letter is.

penny

> I've been told that email petetions are not given any real consideration
the
> way a real letter is.

I suppose they'd have to print it out first before throwing it in the trash? ;)

news:<[email protected]>...
> The US Congress has just authorised the President of
> >the US to go to war against Iraq. Please consider this

Consider this as a good time to cancel those plans to ride with the Kurds on some great mountainous
singletrack in Northern Iraq.

JD

> So what would justify war to all you peace lovers?

A valid reason is a good start...

news:<[email protected]>...
> The US Congress has just authorised the President of
> >the US to go to war against Iraq. Please consider this an urgent request. UN Petition for Peace
> >Stand for Peace. Islam is not the Enemy. War is NOT the Answer. Today we are at a point of
> >imbalance in the world and are moving toward what may be the beginning of a THIRD WORLD WAR. If
> >you are against this possibility, the UN is gathering signatures in an effort to avoid a tragic
> >world event.

<snippage>

DEFENSE ADVISORY: In case of chemical, biological, nuclear or conventional attack, wrap petition
around your face as a mask, hold hands in a big circle, and sing Koombaya.

Paladin

> DEFENSE ADVISORY: In case of chemical, biological, nuclear or conventional attack, wrap petition
> around your face as a mask, hold hands in a big circle, and sing Koombaya.

... and after we invade, expect plenty.

Linus wrote:
> So what would justify war to all you peace lovers?

The US and the UK invading a country without a motive or support of the UN.

When Germany invaded Poland, and Iraq invaded Kuwait without provocation, many countries went to
defend them. Wonder who will come to the defence of Iraq if they're invaded without provocation...

If the US and the UK do invade, they'll be fighting their own terrorist war for years to come. And
they won't win.

Linus wrote:

>So what would justify war to all you peace lovers?

You seem to be using the term "peace lover" as a pejorative.

Why is peace a bad thing?

Linus <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> So what would justify war to all you peace lovers?

Ah, yes - subtle demeaning commentary. Very effective logic skill.

Tell you what - how about showing SOME justification? Anything at all...

Spider (former M1A2 crewman.)

"Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Linus <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > So what would justify war to all you peace lovers?
>
> Ah, yes - subtle demeaning commentary. Very effective logic skill.
>
> Tell you what - how about showing SOME justification? Anything at all...

Desert Storm has not officially ended. There is a standing cease-fire, based upon Iraq's (Saddam's)
compliance with UN resolutions. He hasn't.

--
Cameron

news:<[email protected]>...

Is this the same petition that circulated back in 1998 when Clinton was bombing Iraq? Where was the
outcry back then?

When Clinton bombs Iraq, it's justified. If Bush bombs Iraq, it's about oil and world domination.

.

Fair point. But two wrongs don't make a right. And anyway, the goalposts have totally moved since
9/11. Surely we (US & UK - I'm a Brit) should recognise that blowing the **** out of a load of
innocent Iraqis is not the solution to Bush's 'War on Terror' ********. He's an idiot, and so is the
poodle Blair trotting along in his shadow. The scariest thing is that people like this are able to