The use of words (was MHA survey)

Toby Joe

Guest
From: "Jan" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: MHA Survey: Please complete

> >From: Toby Joe [email protected] Date: 3/23/2004
> >2:14 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
> ><[email protected]>

> >> Being truthful means speaking the truth and also saying
> >> things that reflect reality. Being truthful is one of
> >> the necessities of a human society, one of the virtues
> >> of human behaviour, and brings great benefits, whilst
> >> lying is one of the major elements of corruption in
> >> human society, and the cause of the destruction of
> >> social structure and ties, one of the most evil
> >> features of bad conduct, and causes widespread harm.
> >
> >The poster is presenting
>
> You were replying the biggest liar on MHA

If you say so. I was replying to a post by
[email protected], and here is what you snipped:

> The poster is presenting those words as if they are her
> own, as if she herself has thought things through, arrived
> at that conclusion, and formed and expressed those
> thoughts in that exact way. If that is so, and if what she
> has posted is truly her own unique wording, then the post
> is worthy of consideration.

My words were for all readers. When you take the words of
others and present them as your own, that is dishonest. It
also derails discussions while people try to sort out who
wrote what.

It is also a legal issue:

www.rmit.edu.au/browse?SIMID=y3h8ez6xsu7s&STATUS=A Right
Against False Attribution: "As the title suggests this right
covers an author against false _or no attribution_. This
right can be aligned to passing off a work as ones own."
(emphasis added)

> who has a filthy mouth and it a trouble maker.

Attempt to divert from topic by attacking another
poster is noted.

When you generalise from one or two to an entire group, I
may well speak out and call it as I see it.

> Lies are rampant here.

Then stop. Stop misrepresenting others.

> >The result has been to create an environment in which it
> >is very
>
> Coming from the *gang*

Here are the paragraphs again, as the meaning was altered in
snipping: "The result has been to create an environment in
which it is very difficult to even begin a discussion, as
the context is always one of suspicion, hostility,
defensiveness, divisiveness, misinterpretations, and
categorisation due to religious beliefs."

"...categorisation due to religious beliefs" was essential
to the intended meaning of that paragraph.

I then wrote: "Anything posted to MHA is screened and
categorised according to perceived "wrong" religious
beliefs, and those who hold such wrong beliefs are subjected
to harrassment, such as having their names posted on the
"List of Liars, Jews and Atheists". When prejudice and
intolerance permeate a discussion group to that extent,
sane, objective discussion is near-impossible."

All of the above still stands.

> As proven.
>
> I call lies when I see them, just as you did with Peter
> Bowditch, and rightfully so.

I am calling you on both your misrepresentations and your
attempts to vilify groups of people according to their
religious beliefs or their ethnic backgrounds.

> I will continue to call the lies that come from the
> *gang*,

And I will continue to call your use of words to enact
prejudice.

> you needn't go into a rant because I see fit to call them.

I call it as I see it. You can call who you like, but you
are not exempt.

> The facts are that the majority of lies told here come
> from the Jews and atheists.
>
> Filled with hate.

Those are _your_ projections, your creations.

You have played, and continue to play, an active role in
creating mistrust, animosity and divisiveness according to
religous beliefs or ethnic origin. You attempt to justify
that according to your own personal vendettas, all the while
denying your own role in all that has happened.

> Jan
>
> I have come to the conclusion that lying is normal in
> 1998. Because the majority finds it to some degree
> acceptable, they will allow themselves to be persuaded by
> liars. The catch is, you can lie, but if someone who is
> opposed to your position, or with the power to broadcast
> to the world, can find out you're lying you risk exposure
> and humiliation.
>
> $#t#n causes people to lie whenever he can.

"$$#T#n caused me do it" does not wash with me. Your
misrepresentations are your own.

--
"I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is
prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow

"Toby Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From: "Jan" <[email protected]> Sent: Wednesday, March
> 24, 2004 3:53 PM Subject: Re: MHA Survey: Please complete
>
> > >From: Toby Joe [email protected] Date: 3/23/2004
> > >2:14 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
> > ><[email protected]>

serious

ethnic
those

and

> > >The poster is presenting
> >
> > You were replying the biggest liar on MHA
>
> If you say so. I was replying to a post by
> [email protected], and here is what you snipped:
>
> > The poster is presenting those words as if they are her
> > own, as if she herself has thought things through,
> > arrived at that conclusion, and formed and expressed
> > those thoughts in that exact way. If that is so,
and
> > if what she has posted is truly her own unique wording,
> > then the post is worthy of consideration.
>
> My words were for all readers. When you take the words of
> others and present them as your own, that is dishonest. It
> also derails discussions while people try to sort out who
> wrote what.
>
> It is also a legal issue:
>
> www.rmit.edu.au/browse?SIMID=y3h8ez6xsu7s&STATUS=A Right
> Against False Attribution: "As the title suggests this
> right covers an author against false _or no attribution_.
> This right can be aligned to passing off a work as ones
own."
> (emphasis added)

Toby, the points you have made in this thread are well
taken. Sadly, the dishonest posters are within the AltHunta
(hey, we have a gang, they can have a hunta). I do not
recall any of "The Gang" ever altering quoting, or not
attributing quotes to the original source.

> > who has a filthy mouth and it a trouble maker.
>
> Attempt to divert from topic by attacking another poster
> is noted.

That is SOP for Ms. Drew.

> When you generalise from one or two to an entire group, I
> may well speak out and call it as I see it.
>
> > Lies are rampant here.
>
> Then stop. Stop misrepresenting others.

Ms., Drew has been asked numerous times and, far more often
than not, she denies her scurilous deeds and claims that
she did not do whatever she had just done. It is like
the 4 year old that says, "Mommy, that is not a cookie
in my hand!"

> > >The result has been to create an environment in which
> > >it is very
> >
> > Coming from the *gang*
>
> Here are the paragraphs again, as the meaning was altered
> in snipping: "The result has been to create an environment
> in which it is very
difficult
> to even begin a discussion, as the context is always one
> of suspicion, hostility, defensiveness, divisiveness,
> misinterpretations, and categorisation due to religious
> beliefs."

Agreed.

> "...categorisation due to religious beliefs" was essential
> to the intended meaning of that paragraph.
>
> I then wrote: "Anything posted to MHA is screened and
> categorised according to perceived "wrong" religious
> beliefs, and those who hold such wrong beliefs are
> subjected to harrassment, such as having their names
> posted on the "List of Liars, Jews and Atheists". When
> prejudice and intolerance permeate a discussion group to
> that extent, sane, objective discussion is near-
> impossible."

Agreed, except I would not have said 'near.'

> All of the above still stands.
>
> > As proven.
> >
> > I call lies when I see them, just as you did with Peter
> > Bowditch, and rightfully so.
>
> I am calling you on both your misrepresentations and your
> attempts to vilify groups of people according to their
> religious beliefs or their ethnic backgrounds.

Good for you. Note how Ms. Drew throws in a comment about
peter, which I suspect is a subtle attempt to get you to
identify with her POV. I strongly doubt that this will work.

> > I will continue to call the lies that come from the
> > *gang*,
>
> And I will continue to call your use of words to enact
> prejudice.

Good. You do not have "flexible standards" as to determining
credibility as the AltClique does.

> > you needn't go into a rant because I see fit to
> > call them.
>
> I call it as I see it. You can call who you like, but you
> are not exempt.

Note that Ms. Drew calls what you pointed out a "rant", a
word with negative connotations. AFAIAC, a thin attempt to
diminish your POV.

> > The facts are that the majority of lies told here come
> > from the Jews and atheists.
> >
> > Filled with hate.
>
> Those are _your_ projections, your creations.
>
> You have played, and continue to play, an active role in
> creating mistrust, animosity and divisiveness according to
> religous beliefs or ethnic origin. You attempt to justify
> that according to your own personal vendettas, all the
> while denying your own role in all that has happened.

Let's call that paragraph 20/20.

> > Jan
> >
> > I have come to the conclusion that lying is normal in
> > 1998. Because the majority finds it to some degree
> > acceptable, they will allow themselves to be persuaded
> > by liars. The catch is, you can lie, but if someone who
> > is opposed to your position, or with the power to
> > broadcast to the
world,
> > can find out you're lying you risk exposure and
> > humiliation.
> >
> > $#t#n causes people to lie whenever he can.
>
> "$$#T#n caused me do it" does not wash with me. Your
> misrepresentations are your own.

>Subject: The use of words (was MHA survey)
>From: Toby Joe [email protected]
>Date: 3/26/2004 10:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

Toby,

I am not going to argue with you, I don't care who said the
words, I don't know, but who ever it was, God Bless them,
because they are 100% true. Neither do I think who ever
wrote them cares if I post them without their name.

<snip>

>And I will continue to call your use of words to enact
>prejudice.

You have prejudice mixed up with truth. In fact it is the
Jews, and atheists *here* who do most of the lying.

<snip>

> The facts are that the majority of lies told here come
> from the Jews and
>> atheists.
>>
>> Filled with hate.
>
>Those are _your_ projections, your creations.

No, those are NOT my creations.

The despicable websites I have posted, the despicable lies,
I have posted.

These are the FACTS.

> I have come to the conclusion that lying is normal in
> 1998. Because the
>> majority finds it to some degree acceptable, they will
>> allow themselves to be persuaded by liars. The catch is,
>> you can lie, but if someone who is opposed to your
>> position, or with the power to broadcast to the world,
>> can find out you're lying you risk
exposure and humiliation.

> $#t#n causes people to lie whenever he can.

Incorrect, Satan causes people to lie whenever he can.

>"$$#T#n caused me do it" does not wash with me.

That's YOUR problem. Satan is the root of ALL evil.

Jan

"Mark Probert-March 26, 2004" wrote:
> "Toby Joe" wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
<big snips for brevity>

> Toby, the points you have made in this thread are well
> taken. Sadly, the dishonest posters are within the
> AltHunta (hey, we have a gang, they can have a hunta). I
> do not recall any of "The Gang" ever altering quoting, or
> not attributing quotes to the original source

I don't either.

> It is like the 4 year old that says, "Mommy, that is not a
> cookie in my hand!"

:)

> > When prejudice and intolerance permeate a discussion
> > group to that extent, sane, objective discussion is near-
> > impossible."
>
> Agreed, except I would not have said 'near.'

> > I am calling you on both your misrepresentations and
> > your attempts to vilify groups of people according to
> > their religious beliefs or their ethnic backgrounds.
>
> Good for you. Note how Ms. Drew throws in a comment
> about peter, which I suspect is a subtle attempt to get
> you to identify with her POV. I strongly doubt that this
> will work.

It takes me a while to recognise deflecting. I sort it
out for myself finally, but .. seems to take me longer
than some.

> > And I will continue to call your use of words to enact
> > prejudice.
>
> Good. You do not have "flexible standards" as to
> determining credibility as the AltClique does.

The prejudice thing - I find very difficult to take. Much as
I'd sometimes like things "sweet and peaceful" around here,
I can't just let it thrive in whatever enviro I'm in,
without trying to do something.

> > > you needn't go into a rant because I see fit to call
> > > them.
> >
> > I call it as I see it. You can call who you like, but
> > you are not exempt.
>
> Note that Ms. Drew calls what you pointed out a "rant", a
> word with negative connotations. AFAIAC, a thin attempt to
> diminish your POV.
>
> > > The facts are that the majority of lies told here come
> > > from the Jews and atheists.
> > >
> > > Filled with hate.
> >
> > Those are _your_ projections, your creations.
> >
> > You have played, and continue to play, an active role in
> > creating mistrust, animosity and divisiveness according
> > to religous beliefs or ethnic origin. You attempt to
> > justify that according to your own personal vendettas,
> > all the while denying your own role in all that has
> > happened.
>
> Let's call that paragraph 20/20.

Comments very much appreciated. thank you.

--
"I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is
prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow
and multiply." R. Serling

Toby Joe:

>>"$$#T#n caused me do it" does not wash with me.

[email protected] :

>That's YOUR problem. Satan is the root of ALL evil.

Oh, Jan, you are far too modest!

On 27 Mar 2004 04:39:55 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

>>Subject: The use of words (was MHA survey) From: Toby Joe
>>[email protected]

>>And I will continue to call your use of words to enact
>>prejudice.
>
>You have prejudice mixed up with truth. In fact it is the
>Jews, and atheists *here* who do most of the lying.

Oh the irony. Jan is confronted about using words to enact
prejudice and her very response uses words to enact
prejudice.

The very fact that Jan Drew choose to connect lying with
Jews and atheists says it all. Of course Jan is quite
selective about who she calls liars and who she calls
mistaken. If you are a Jew or an atheist and say something
that Jan Drew disagrees with then you are a liar. If you are
a Christian and Jan Drew and say something that Jan Drew
disagrees with then you are just mistaken.

So Jan Drew cleverly defines lying based upon the religion
of the person making the statements. A perfect example is
Jan Drew's choice of saying Hulda Clark is simply mistaken
when she says that she has the cure for all diseases. But
Jan Drew ALSO said that no alternative practitioner gives
100% cures and if they did they indeed would be quacks.

>> The facts are that the majority of lies told here come
>> from the Jews and
>>> atheists.
>>>
>>> Filled with hate.

Yes, Jan is certainly filled with hate; hate toward Jews
and atheists. Sad that. Jesus died on the cross for Jan's
sins. Jesus was a Jew who while he was being crucified said
"Father forgive them, they know not what they are doing".
Jan has difficulty forgiving anyone with whom she
disagrees. Sad that.

>>Those are _your_ projections, your creations.
>
>No, those are NOT my creations.

What are they?? Creations by Satan??

>These are the FACTS.

>That's YOUR problem. Satan is the root of ALL evil.

If Jan thinks that Satan is the root of all evil why does
she blame Jews and atheists for lying. If she was honest she
would blame Satan. But her hatred of Jews and atheists is
quite clear. She bashes these groups whenever she can. I am
sure Jesus is quite proud of Jan for judging Jews and
atheists. Jesus lived a Jew, died a Jew. Jesus will always
be a Jew. Jan says lying comes second nature to Jews. I
think Jesus may have a word or two with Jan on Judgment Day.

May God have mercy on Jan's soul.

Aloha,

Rich

PS Cue Jan to call me a stalker.