the usual

ray

Guest
Good Afternoon People,
I wish to make a
complaint concerning the driver of the above vehicle, a late model Ford
Falcon registered as a taxi, concerning an incident at c. 10.15 this
morning at the intersection of Stud Road and Mockridge Street, Wantirna
South (Melway 73 H4).
I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when I passed the
taxi turning left out of the above named street into Stud Road. To give
the taxi a clear run, I veered slightly left out of the left lane into
the bus bay, expecting the driver would appreciate being given more than
ample space to pass without changing lanes.
This is not what happened at all. Instead, as I observed in my rear
vision mirror, the taxi veered sharply out of the left lane directly
towards me, then veered back onto the road with minimal clearance. This
was either stupidity of the first order, or downright malice. As a
licenced driver for over 25 years, and a cyclist for over 40 years (and
the bicycle is my vehicle of choice, not circumstance), this is
automatically filed as ADD, Another ******** Driver, and you can take it
as read that in 40 years I've seen it all.
I went directly to Wantirna South police complex, and after
commiserating with the desk officer that it was the taxi driver's word
against mine, and you can assume that the driver will lie blind, was
advised to send this email, which you can also see is going public
simultaneously.
Taxi drivers have a particular responsibility as drivers of public
vehicles to drive responsibly and safely. This driver at the very least
appears to be negligent on both counts.
Regards,

Ray Peace
Ferntree Gully

"ray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Good Afternoon People,
> I wish to make a complaint
> concerning the driver of the above vehicle, a late model Ford Falcon
> registered as a taxi, concerning an incident at c. 10.15 this morning at
> the intersection of Stud Road and Mockridge Street, Wantirna South (Melway
> 73 H4).
> I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when I passed the
> taxi turning left out of the above named street into Stud Road. To give
> the taxi a clear run, I veered slightly left out of the left lane into the
> bus bay, expecting the driver would appreciate being given more than ample
> space to pass without changing lanes.
> This is not what happened at all. Instead, as I observed in my rear vision
> mirror, the taxi veered sharply out of the left lane directly towards me,
> then veered back onto the road with minimal clearance. This was either
> stupidity of the first order, or downright malice. As a licenced driver
> for over 25 years, and a cyclist for over 40 years (and the bicycle is my
> vehicle of choice, not circumstance), this is automatically filed as ADD,
> Another ******** Driver, and you can take it as read that in 40 years I've
> seen it all.
> I went directly to Wantirna South police complex, and after commiserating
> with the desk officer that it was the taxi driver's word against mine, and
> you can assume that the driver will lie blind, was advised to send this
> email, which you can also see is going public simultaneously.
> Taxi drivers have a particular responsibility as drivers of public
> vehicles to drive responsibly and safely. This driver at the very least
> appears to be negligent on both counts.
> Regards,
>
> Ray Peace
> Ferntree Gully

Contact the taxi company they work for and make a official complaint stating
that you have made a police report.

Well what you saw and thought, could have been completely different to
what the driver saw and did. he may in fact have performed a heroic
act in avoiding a collision with you, and be awarded the Meritorious
Drivers Medal (MDM) for his efforts.

You are probably lucky he didn't go and complain about a crazy cyclist
wandering and moving unpredictably on the road.

Anyway hope you feel better

Owen

ray wrote:
> Good Afternoon People,
> I wish to make a
> complaint concerning the driver of the above vehicle, a late model Ford
> Falcon registered as a taxi, concerning an incident at c. 10.15 this
> morning at the intersection of Stud Road and Mockridge Street, Wantirna
> South (Melway 73 H4).
> I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when I passed the
> taxi turning left out of the above named street into Stud Road. To give
> the taxi a clear run, I veered slightly left out of the left lane into
> the bus bay, expecting the driver would appreciate being given more than
> ample space to pass without changing lanes.
> This is not what happened at all. Instead, as I observed in my rear
> vision mirror, the taxi veered sharply out of the left lane directly
> towards me, then veered back onto the road with minimal clearance. This
> was either stupidity of the first order, or downright malice. As a
> licenced driver for over 25 years, and a cyclist for over 40 years (and
> the bicycle is my vehicle of choice, not circumstance), this is
> automatically filed as ADD, Another ******** Driver, and you can take it
> as read that in 40 years I've seen it all.
> I went directly to Wantirna South police complex, and after
> commiserating with the desk officer that it was the taxi driver's word
> against mine, and you can assume that the driver will lie blind, was
> advised to send this email, which you can also see is going public
> simultaneously.
> Taxi drivers have a particular responsibility as drivers of public
> vehicles to drive responsibly and safely. This driver at the very least
> appears to be negligent on both counts.
> Regards,
>
> Ray Peace
> Ferntree Gully

ray said:
Good Afternoon People,
.............I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when I passed the

Ray Peace
Ferntree Gully
Man, I wish I lived on Stud Road - :cool: :cool: ooohhhhh, the delicious irony .........:D

On Jan 2, 9:17 pm, monsterman <monsterman.32k...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> ray Wrote:> Good Afternoon People,
> > .............I was proceeding north along Stud Road on my bicycle when
> > I passed the

> > Ray Peace
> > Ferntree Gully

> Man, I wish I lived on Stud Road - :cool: :cool: ooohhhhh, the
> delicious irony .........:D
>
> --
> monsterman

You wouldn't have to cruise down there mate, you could just beckon
them over your fence!

Donga