The Weird Question Thread

stephbc

Feb 10, 2004
Ok... so my dogs were playing around and knocked over my bottle of Bike Wash. Of course, my husband's brand new Shimano cycling shoes were right there and... yep. They now sport a nice pinkish color and are really sudsy. :eek:

How should we go about cleaning them? Is it okay to take the cleat out and put them in the washing machine? We've tried just rinsing and the suds just keep on comin'.

We have a century coming up in a couple of weeks, we need his shoes to be soap free. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. :D

stephbc said:
Ok... so my dogs were playing around and knocked over my bottle of Bike Wash. Of course, my husband's brand new Shimano cycling shoes were right there and... yep. They now sport a nice pinkish color and are really sudsy. :eek:

How should we go about cleaning them? Is it okay to take the cleat out and put them in the washing machine? We've tried just rinsing and the suds just keep on comin'.

We have a century coming up in a couple of weeks, we need his shoes to be soap free. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. :D
take the garden house and just flush em till they they sud anymore washing and washing again is about the only thing i would know of doing

wash them wash them wash them if u want to take the cleat out put the shoes in the washing machince with like a load of towels and the same with the dryer so they dont mess up the machines or if u dont wantt ot ake the cleast out put the garden hose in them and just run water through them till no more suds are there. just my 2 cents but then again im only 17