The white v

Michael Spalluzzi

Feb 28, 2016
Doing a quick internet search makes me think that this is something that only happens to me, but I would be really shocked if that were true. Does anyone else get a white 'V' shape on the rearside of your pants from your saddle rubbing against your pants?

I "never" ride casually, so not an issue for me.
I'd expect it to be dependent on cloth quality. Does it happen to all your pants?

I "never" ride casually, so not an issue for me.
I'd expect it to be dependent on cloth quality. Does it happen to all your pants?

Im mostly a commuter so most of my rides are pretty casual.
Any colored pants, it happens to relatively quickly. Even jeans. I work at Old Navy so all of my pants are from there. Not highest quality but not the worst.
I've assumed that dye rubbing off from riding is a natural thing but again, I see a lot of riders wearing everyday pants and have never came across a person with the same problem.
I was just wondering if people who have higher quality pants, like Levis and such, dont come across that problem. Cause if so, I'd definitely opt for spending the extra couple bucks to get around this.

After over 40 years of riding I've never had that happen to me nor do I ever recall that with other riders. Maybe if I rode the same pair of shorts till there was nothing left but threads than maybe, but if I did that I'm sure there would be other issues besides a white V that would be a much larger concern!

Needz Moar Carrera!

1864_400marcopantani0_1.jpg

No 'V' widdy deez!

carrera_jeans_summer_bib.jpg

Or maybe that weird **** Fignon wore...

FignonCastorama.jpg

alternatively...these will go great at the office.

2503453576_f41863a5cc_o.gif