The wonders of Jan's mind and more on cancer

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Peter Moran, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.sumeria.net/health/rectcan.html
    >
    > http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_501613.html
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/freee80/map.html
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/freee80/
    >
    > http://www.cancerinform.org/motive.html
    >
    > http://www.cancerinform.freewebsites.com/docs.html
    >
    > http://www.cancerdecisions.com/beatcancer_frm.html
    >
    > http://www.sph.uth.tmc.edu:8052/utcam/default.htm
    >
    > http://www.preventcancer.com/

    That's the entire post.

    This is Jan applying the very elegant "I got more web sites than you!!! Nah, nah, na- na, nah"
    rebuttal to what I said at http://www.geocities.com/healthbase/Hardin_Jones.html

    But wait! I recognised one immediately ---.

    http://www.sumeria.net/health/rectcan.html

    --- because it was, funnily enough, if it were at all funny, the one that finally urged me to look
    into the malicious Hardin Jones rumour-mongering.

    It repeats the Hardin Jones lie about untreated cancer patients living four times longer than
    treated, but it is actually an account of how a poor chap trusted such "alternative" propaganda to
    the extent that he is now getting to die a slow and very painful death, with the added luxury of
    faecal incontinence and having to wear a diaper, not to mention bladder problems, after trying out
    at least forty different popular alternative treatments.

    I happen to have been following this man's progress since he was first discovered to have cancer
    (and I once suggested to him that he reconsider -- to which he responded "No way!!"). Although it
    would have probably entailed a colostomy, he would have had at least a fifty per cent chance of
    being cured with surgery and radiotherapy. In fact probably more than that, because after two years
    he still has no obvious signs of metastases.

    He is something of a conspiracy buff, and I guess the alt.med one is far too juicy to pass up.

    His story is well worth reading. Note how many times the power of suggestiion (and some malpractice
    in the form of inadequate quack Tijuana surgery, on one occasion) made him certain he was being
    cured. Many testimonials are written in such euphoric phases.

    Peter Moran

    Tags:

  2. Carabelli

    Carabelli Guest

    "Peter Moran" <[email protected]> ..........

    > I happen to have been following this man's progress since he was first discovered to have cancer
    > (and I once suggested to him that he
    reconsider --
    > to which he responded "No way!!"). Although it would have probably entailed a colostomy, he would
    > have had at least a fifty per cent chance
    of
    > being cured with surgery and radiotherapy. In fact probably more than
    that,
    > because after two years he still has no obvious signs of metastases.

    Typical Jan, type in a few words on google, possibly read what is on the site, and definitely
    without comprehension. Consider the possibility she may just be a ersatz Eliza bot with some
    corrupted files.

    carabelli