The world according to LeMond........

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Pick up the latest edition of ProCycling which has 70 pages of LeMond articles and interviews.... features pictures of an overweight Greg LeMond and a very blonde Cathy with fake piano-key teeth... very interesting reading and LeMond is convinced that the Astana anti-doping program is a sham....... LeMond also talks about his abuse and even young lad Geoffrey Lemond talks about drinking, smoking and cavorting then riding the Etape with Pops....... and fark porky Greg has a big house !............details here: http://www.bikeradar.com/blogs/article/lemond-guest-editor-for-procycling-13777

- warning Americans ignore as you hate to support your own.

whiteboytrash said:
Pick up the latest edition of ProCycling which has 70 pages of LeMond articles and interviews.... features pictures of an overweight Greg LeMond and a very blonde Cathy with fake piano-key teeth... very interesting reading and LeMond is convinced that the Astana anti-doping program is a sham....... LeMond also talks about his abuse and even young lad Geoffrey Lemond talks about drinking, smoking and cavorting then riding the Etape with Pops....... and fark porky Greg has a big house !............details here: http://www.bikeradar.com/blogs/article/lemond-guest-editor-for-procycling-13777

Aside from his primary residence, Lemond has a pretty fat place in Montana in a private development with its own ski slopes. Must be nice.

Bro Deal said:
Aside from his primary residence, Lemond has a pretty fat place in Montana in a private development with its own ski slopes. Must be nice.

Make that 2 places (besides his in-laws 2 places) which are gorgeous by the way. All 4 homes sit amongst towering pines and look like they were their for the last 100 years - each home brimming with all of the modern creature comforts you could wish for...

whiteboytrash said:

I'll break my self-imposed boycott of purchasing Procycling....and I'll buy that copy, for the LeMond interview.

Thanks for the headsup.

Crankyfeet said:
... I never saw this post before. Thanks WBT.
He probably isn't the only one who thinks Astana's doping is a sham i mean anti-doping programme is a sham. A lot of there riders ought to count themselves lucky that they are not racing the big 2 events and therefore possibly won't be hounded by the testers as much, this might be a good time to catch 1 in the net though.;)

NJK said:
He probably isn't the only one who thinks Astana's doping is a sham i mean anti-doping programme is a sham. A lot of there riders ought to count themselves lucky that they are not racing the big 2 events and therefore possibly won't be hounded by the testers as much, this might be a good time to catch 1 in the net though.;)
Yes, but if you believe the story of why JB is so successful in having no positives in his team, then it is quite likely that the status quo would continue. ;)

Lemond is a giant in the sport.

Look at these two years:

(July)Tour de France (3rd overall; 1st young rider, 1st Stage 3 Team Time Trial)
(April) Liège-Bastogne-Liège (3rd)
(June) Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré (3rd overall; Stage 7b win)
(Feb-March) Tirreno-Adriatico (5th overall)

(Sept) UCI Road World Championships Road Race (2nd - Silver Medal)
(June) Coors Classic (1st overall; Stage 5 win)
(July) Tour de France (2nd overall; 2nd points; 1st Stage 21 ITT)
(May-June) Giro d'Italia (3rd overall)
(April) Vuelta al País Vasco (2nd overall)
(April) Paris-Roubaix (4th)
(Feb) Omloop Het Volk (4th)

In the magazine Greg gets out all of his jerseys from teams he rode for and jerseys won and puts them all over his large staircase...... Porky Greg then sat at the top of the staircase with a big grin on his face.... its very impressive........ Lance may have seven yellow jersey’s but LeMond has about 40 jerseys from difference races sitting in front of him..........

helmutRoole2 said:
Lemond is a giant in the sport.

Look at these two years:

(July)Tour de France (3rd overall; 1st young rider, 1st Stage 3 Team Time Trial)
(April) Liège-Bastogne-Liège (3rd)
(June) Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré (3rd overall; Stage 7b win)
(Feb-March) Tirreno-Adriatico (5th overall)

(Sept) UCI Road World Championships Road Race (2nd - Silver Medal)
(June) Coors Classic (1st overall; Stage 5 win)
(July) Tour de France (2nd overall; 2nd points; 1st Stage 21 ITT)
(May-June) Giro d'Italia (3rd overall)
(April) Vuelta al País Vasco (2nd overall)
(April) Paris-Roubaix (4th)
(Feb) Omloop Het Volk (4th)

whiteboytrash said:
In the magazine Greg gets out all of his jerseys from teams he rode for and jerseys won and puts them all over his large staircase...... Porky Greg then sat at the top of the staircase with a big grin on his face.... its very impressive........ Lance may have seven yellow jersey’s but LeMond has about 40 jerseys from difference races sitting in front of him..........

Yep. Check out 1985. From February to September he had a full slate.

limerickman said:
.....I'll buy that copy, for the LeMond interview.
Me too. Albeit to wipe my ass in lieu of toilet paper.

Forgive my harshness gentlemen. Please, carry on with the circle jerk.

helmutRoole2 said:
Yep. Check out 1985. From February to September he had a full slate.

Super rider.

Any guy that lands in Europe looking for to pursue a career as a cyclist..............and goes straight out and wins the Tour de L'Avenir has to be a class act in my opinion.

Even though LeMond beat our guys in several major races (Chambery 1989, still grates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I can't deny that the guy was a classy rider.

limerickman said:
Super rider.

Any guy that lands in Europe looking for to pursue a career as a cyclist..............and goes straight out and wins the Tour de L'Avenir has to be a class act in my opinion.

Even though LeMond beat our guys in several major races (Chambery 1989, still grates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I can't deny that the guy was a classy rider.
Plus, you have to figure when he fist came over, there was no American support system in Europe like there is now.

I respect Armstrong's achievements. He was the best rider of his time since the best focused on the Tour, but no Lemond = no Armstrong. For some reason that's a bitter pill for the Armstrong faithful to swallow.

Kelly should have won Chambery. I think he said bad gear selection did him in. If you watch the sprint, it seemed Lemond kept waiting for someone to come around. Kelly's win in '89 at Milan-Sanremo was the most exciting. That's got to be the best finish to a World Cup I've ever seen.

You can tell Americans who have followed cycling pre- and post-Armstrong.

Pre-Armstrong cycling fans are fans of the sport. For them cycling is something to be followed eight months out of the year, year around if you consider cyclocross. Back then, racing was more interesting because you saw the same riders competing under a multitude of conditions and courses throughout the year.

For post-Armstrong fans, cycling only comes once a year, in July. It's a narrow minded fixation on one event and one rider. Now, with ASO taking away their '08 hope for an American winner or a someone-associated-with-Armstrong victory, they're ******.

****um. Bunch of idiots.