The World Comes to an End

Bob Schwartz

Guest
Cipollini ***** slapped by LANCE. I guess RC was half right.

I believe this is his first win in a sprint since 1993 in
Verdun and his first field sprint ever as a pro.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

If there is any pride among the sprinters, a few of them
will kill themselves before the TT.

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Cipollini ***** slapped by LANCE. I guess RC was
> half right.
>
> I believe this is his first win in a sprint since 1993 in
> Verdun and his first field sprint ever as a pro.
>
> Bob Schwartz [email protected]

It is fairly easy to see why Dominguez lost two close
sprints

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/apr04/tdgeorgia04/?id=-
results/stage3

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/inde-
x.php?id=stage2/JD_tdg_stg2_15

Dave

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Cipollini ***** slapped by LANCE. I guess RC was half
> > right.
> >
> > I believe this is his first win in a sprint since 1993
> > in Verdun and his first field sprint ever as a pro.
> >
> > Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>

> It is fairly easy to see why Dominguez lost two
> close sprints
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/apr04/tdgeorgia04/?i-
> d=results/stage3
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/in-
> dex.php?id=stage2/JD_tdg_stg2_15
>
> Dave

Sorry I meant these two

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/inde-
x.php?id=stage2/JD_tdg_stg2_15

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/inde-
x.php?id=stage3/JD_tdg_stage3_4

Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Cipollini ***** slapped by LANCE. I guess RC was
> half right.
>
> I believe this is his first win in a sprint since 1993 in
> Verdun and his first field sprint ever as a pro.
>
> Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>
> If there is any pride among the sprinters, a few of them
> will kill themselves before the TT.

Yeah, well Lance appears to have taken 2 stages in one day,
with the TT as well. Keep in mind that the 3rd stage had
laps which featured a stiff climb. Maybe Zabel could have
done it, but not Cipo. Dominguez probably has to wonder what
it takes to win a stage has he's had 3 consecutive 2nds.
Maybe he should stop looking at other's wheels.

in article [email protected], Dave at

> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Cipollini ***** slapped by LANCE. I guess RC was
>> half right.
>>
>> I believe this is his first win in a sprint since 1993 in
>> Verdun and his first field sprint ever as a pro.
>>
>> Bob Schwartz [email protected]
>

> It is fairly easy to see why Dominguez lost two
> close sprints
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/apr04/tdgeorgia04/?i-
> d=results/stage3
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/in-
> dex.php?id=stage2/JD_ tdg_stg2_15

Because his head is on sideways?

-Sonarrat.

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message

> What, sprinting on the hoods? Or looking sideways?
>
> Jeff

A rider much more noteworthy than Dominguez used to sprint
with his hands on the hoods. Part of me thinks it was Bugno,
part of me thinks it was earlier than Bugno.

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:16:40 GMT, "Dave"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >It is fairly easy to see why Dominguez lost two close
> >sprints
> >
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/apr04/tdgeorgia04/?-
> >id=results/stage3
> >
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/i-
> >ndex.php?id=stage2/JD_tdg_stg2_15
> >

> Yeah, it's werid. But I think he won the NYC pro race in
> 2002 like that. I think Gilbert Glaus won the final stage
> of the Tour de France like that too. Odd.
>
> JT

The guy has lost two stages in two days, ONE to a guy who
has repeatedly shown he is one of the worst sprinters on the
planet....keep your eyes on the line!

Dave

On 04/22/2004 03:10 PM, in article [email protected],
"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote:

> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> Sorry I meant these two
>>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/in-
> dex.php?id=stage2/J D_tdg_stg2_15
>>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/in-
> dex.php?id=stage3/J D_tdg_stage3_4
>>
> What, sprinting on the hoods? Or looking sideways?

Fingers on the brakes.

--
Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks
at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum pax est libertas

You're right; Glaus always sprinted on the hoods. I can't
believe you remembered that.

James

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:16:40 GMT, "Dave"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >It is fairly easy to see why Dominguez lost two close
> >sprints
> >
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/apr04/tdgeorgia04/?-
> >id=results/stage3
> >

>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/apr04/georgia04/ind-