The worst cycling tips in the world!

Originally posted by SLS
This is supposed to be the worst cycling tips so to correct this, vote for the Dems - they only promise whichever group they are talking to the moon, tax you to the moon so you can't even afford a KMart blue light special bike, make a SAPFU (surpases all previous #$%@ ups), go over budget, please no one, blame the Republicans, and tax you some more. Glad I don't ride a Mountain Bike - there would be no riding on federal lands due to their Sierra Club buddies, etc...

Cheers

Not going to touch that, not going to touch that, not going to touch that... I would so enjoy getting into this debate, but I have to be strong, this is not the place... You can't even pretend that republicans have done more for environmental protection than the dems (ie you talking about the Sierra Club)? Ever heard of the Kyoto treaty? Global warming and Bush's refusal to align with the rest of the world to attempt (even lamely) to stop it? Uh-oh, don't touch that, don't touch that, don't touch that....

Sorry, not the right place for that debate.

Originally posted by drewski
but they do say that's the way (against traffic) you should jog/run/walk with no sidewalk.

anyone know the logic?
- the biker should be in the roadway, while the person on foot should be on the shoulder?
- accident studies?

1) Get real close to heavy and fast moving trafic, look at your feet and pretend they are not there.

2) Coast with your legs out like aeroplane wings

3) Wear really dark sunglasses so motorists won't know you have your eyes closed

OKAY I GOT IT !

Buy a really expensive bike, I mean like $10,000.00 + then park it at the end of your bed and never ride it.

But dream of riding it a lot.

Originally posted by Beastt
The egg, it would seem, is on my face.
None too tasty!

:)

have eggs raw, in a full glass of vodka, don't stir, just guzzle, you don't need carbs when you got rocket fuel

Originally posted by Roadie_scum
If you dump all your energy at the start of a stage, you will be a lone breakaway. What this has to do with energy gels, I don't know.

Never go to the bathroom before a race, that way the risk of dumping all your energy is reduced.

One for the top ten:

Smoke a big joint before biking into the city, it will relax you...

;-)

Originally posted by edd
Never go to the bathroom before a race, that way the risk of dumping all your energy is reduced.

G'day,

without a doubt the worst cycling tip ever is.....log on to Cyclingforums thread 'the worst cycling tips'.....spend half the day reading arguements over eggs, sugars & U.S politics....instead of being out actually doing some cycling!,

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by edd
have eggs raw, in a full glass of vodka, don't stir, just guzzle, you don't need carbs when you got rocket fuel

Edd, what kind of octane would you suppose that a protein bomb like that would have?

Easy for you to say - it's summer where you live - we'll see where the posts are coming from in June, eh?!
;-)

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day,

without a doubt the worst cycling tip ever is.....log on to Cyclingforums thread 'the worst cycling tips'.....spend half the day reading arguements over eggs, sugars & U.S politics....instead of being out actually doing some cycling!,

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by taras0000
Edd, what kind of octane would you suppose that a protein bomb like that would have?

I’m not sure, I’m not a nutri... a nutrish....a nuta.... dam this dam st..st.. st..st..stutter, where’s that dam drink ?

I'VE BEEN A PRO FOR A FEW YEARS AND THAT ONE ALWAYS HELPED ME.
IT SAYS RIGHT ON MY SCHEDULE "SPIN"

Originally posted by edd
I’m not sure, I’m not a nutri... a nutrish....a nuta.... dam this dam st..st.. st..st..stutter, where’s that dam drink ?

Me? Drunk? Naahooww. Thtutter? Nope. Drinking does, n-n-n-n-not im-im-impair my th-th-thp-thp-thpeech. Th-th-th-thpeeeeech im-imp-impairth my dr-dr-drinking.

Woohoo! My drinking team hath a reeeeeeeeelly bad thycling prahblam. Go Rocket Fool, I mean Fyool.

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day,

cheers,

Hitchy

you obviously haven't read the ankling thread !

Still on "worst advice?" Mine:

When you pass by a cyclist who's off the road with a mechanical problem, never interrupt him or her by asking if they need anything.

It breaks their concentration and risks insulting them.

A funny thing a bloke once told me. Drink water only every 10 miles when cycling...in all weather conditions supposedly :confused:

Originally posted by sea
I was told many years ago when I first started cycling that "bikes are for wimps. get into a manly sport like football."

I cycle, climb, hike, camp, sail, kayak, & ski.....Why would I want to do football?

I agree entirely. I had to play sport for my school for seven years. Rugby screwed my lumbar spine and I no longer have the flexibility I used to. I only discovered cycling as a sport after school (though I was always interested). My spine hates me for it.

If you are not coached absolutely perfectly then the many forms of football can be very damaging.

Join a fast bunch ride a couple of hours after donating half a litre of blood and then do a 4 km turn on the front with some maniac on a new trek madone.