The Writing is on the Wall

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> Tell you what Kveck, apparently you live around here somewhere. Just let me
> know where I can meet you and I'll disconnect you from reality for a couple
> of weeks.

By the way, Tom, I suggest that you ought to simply forget about where you think I
live. Got it?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Phil Holman wrote:

> Next question; what percentage of the Earth's climate change is
> attributed to human activities?

There are lots of questions that could have been better than the one that
was asked, but the startling thing was that the responses received from the
bloggers were 59 to 0.

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> The american automaker's cries remind me of their predecessors.' They
>> lay off hundred and thousands of workers because they can't compete with
>> the japenese, and tell them the guy with mouths to feed that he has to
>> adapt to a changing economic reality. But when someone comes into their
>> bedroom, and tells the automakers to adapt to a changing reality, like a
>> horsedrawn carriage manufacturer to henry ford, they fight progress.

> Too bad you don't know anything about that either. Tell me, is there
> anything you know about? Hondas and Toyotas manufactured in the USA are
> more reliable and cheaper to build than in Japan. Japanese actually go on
> waiting lists to buy American made Japanese cars.

Yes, well that is a perfectly sensible response.

"The stupefying $12.7 billion loss that Ford Motor Co. reported Thursday for
2006 comes one year after General Motors' equally horrendous $10.6 billion
loss for 2005..."
http://tinyurl.com/yom3ux

The phrase "struggling U.S. auto maker" seems almost redundant these days
when talking about General Motors (GM, news, msgs), Ford Motor (F, news,
msgs) and DaimlerChrysler (DCX, news, msgs). But now DaimlerChrysler, the
latest auto maker to announce a restructuring, is feeding rumors that the
U.S.-German entity may be on the verge of selling off its large U.S. unit,
acquired in 1998.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/ChryslerToBeCutLoose.aspx

On Mar 2, 10:46 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > Tell you what Kveck, apparently you live around here somewhere. Just let me
> > know where I can meet you and I'll disconnect you from reality for a couple
> > of weeks.

> By the way, Tom, I suggest that you ought to simply forget about where you think I
> live. Got it?

Tom,

If you get bored with stalking Kveck and
have a beef with me, just drop by anytime:
77 E. Third St., New York, NY 10003.
No need to knock, just come right in.

Ride Safe,
Ben

On 3/3/07 1:28 AM, in article
[email protected],

> On Mar 2, 10:46 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>>
>>> Tell you what Kveck, apparently you live around here somewhere. Just let me
>>> know where I can meet you and I'll disconnect you from reality for a couple
>>> of weeks.

>> By the way, Tom, I suggest that you ought to simply forget about where you
>> think I
>> live. Got it?
>>

> Tom,
>
> If you get bored with stalking Kveck and
> have a beef with me, just drop by anytime:
> 77 E. Third St., New York, NY 10003.
> No need to knock, just come right in.
>
> Ride Safe,
> Ben

Is this......
1. The Tattoo shop?
2. The Motorcycle shop?
3. Your Moms house?

> "The stupefying $12.7 billion loss that Ford Motor Co. reported Thursday
> for 2006 comes one year after General Motors' equally horrendous $10.6
> billion loss for 2005..."

Anyone that actually knew what was going on would have known that the
"loses" are from the labor contracts that Ford and GM signed to keep the
strikers at bay. And anyone with half a brain would know that the same thing
will happen with the American plant Japanese manufacturers in time if they
have the same kind of give-away contracts.

But by all means be even stupider than usual and assume that it isn't
because the Japanese don't have these loads and hence can sell cheaper than
the American manufacturers at least for now.

But no one ever said that people like you would be bright enough to
understand basic economics.

"ST" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:C20EEFB2.20B178%[email protected]...
> On 3/3/07 1:28 AM, in article
> [email protected],
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 2, 10:46 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> By the way, Tom, I suggest that you ought to simply forget about
>>> where you
>>> think I
>>> live. Got it?
>>>

>> Tom,
>>
>> If you get bored with stalking Kveck and
>> have a beef with me, just drop by anytime:
>> 77 E. Third St., New York, NY 10003.
>> No need to knock, just come right in.
>>
>> Ride Safe,
>> Ben
>>

> Is this......
> 1. The Tattoo shop?
> 2. The Motorcycle shop?
> 3. Your Moms house?

It's some guy he doesn't like. His kind always talk big as long as they're
far enough away.

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>> Tell you what Kveck, apparently you live around here somewhere. Just let
>> me
>> know where I can meet you and I'll disconnect you from reality for a
>> couple
>> of weeks.

> By the way, Tom, I suggest that you ought to simply forget about where
> you think I
> live. Got it?

I figure that sooner or later you'll turn up at a ride I'm on and I'll get
to meet and greet you.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Phil Holman wrote:
>
>> Next question; what percentage of the Earth's climate change is
>> attributed to human activities?

> There are lots of questions that could have been better than the one
> that was asked, but the startling thing was that the responses
> received from the bloggers were 59 to 0.

Extreme but what would you expect from an extremely biased sample
selection.

Phil H

In article <%[email protected]>,
"Tom 'The Lyin' King' Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > By the way, Tom, I suggest that you ought to simply forget about where
> > you think I live. Got it?

> I figure that sooner or later you'll turn up at a ride I'm on and I'll get
> to meet and greet you.

A few years ago, I was driving to work one chilly February morning. I pulled up at
a traffic light and glanced into the tow yard on the corner. Many tow yards have large
dogs freely roaming; this one was no exception, sporting a pair of huge Dobermans. I
couldn't help noticing that one of these dogs was parked right by the fence in front,
hunkered down with its haunches quivering with the effort of forcing out the remains
of last night's 20 pounds of Purina. As I said, it was a cold day - combine that with
the warmth of what the dog had just created and there was a cloud of vapor in the air
as Fido trotted away.

You remind me of that: an enormous, steaming turdpile.

--

Phil Holman wrote:

>> There are lots of questions that could have been better than the one
>> that was asked, but the startling thing was that the responses
>> received from the bloggers were 59 to 0.
>>

> Extreme but what would you expect from an extremely biased sample
> selection.

Well, the interesting thing isn't that biased samples produce odd results:
it's that the sample was selected according to position on a political, not
scientific, spectrum. One could easily expect that opinions on the war, on
the President's performance, or on Democratic legislator's motivations would
be affected. That's dog bites man stuff. But what was the a prior
expectation about their position on a scientific topic? I wouldn't have
expected this litmus test to have performed so well.

But I guess I'm naive because I was also pretty surprised about the divide
on the estimates of excess mortality in Iraq. Those estimates appear to have
about as much support as the AGW stuff does by professionals in their
respective fields.

On Mar 3, 2:31 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "ST" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:C20EEFB2.20B178%[email protected]...
> > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> If you get bored with stalking Kveck and
> >> have a beef with me, just drop by anytime:
> >> 77 E. Third St., New York, NY 10003.
> >> No need to knock, just come right in.

> > Is this......
> > 1. The Tattoo shop?
> > 2. The Motorcycle shop?
> > 3. Your Moms house?

Pretty much. Try googling "77 e third st" new york
if you really need to know. Most people in lower NYC
mind their manners on this block. Or just visit
http://www.bigredmachine.com

> It's some guy he doesn't like. His kind always talk big as long as they're
> far enough away.

Tommy Gun,

As Mr. Big Talk yourself, if you had any more irony
in you, you'd be a skillet. I have not threatened
you with any kind of violence and I never will. If
you can dig some threat up with Google, which I doubt,
I'll happily retract it. I don't need to behave that
way and I don't need to prove some kind of outdated
idea of manliness either. What little I've seen of
the rule of fists was enough and I don't need to see
any more, much less fantasize about it on Usenet.
If it makes you feel good, fine, but don't expect any
grown-up to be impressed.

Ben
RBR Anger Mgmt Dept.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Phil Holman wrote:
>
>>> There are lots of questions that could have been better than the one
>>> that was asked, but the startling thing was that the responses
>>> received from the bloggers were 59 to 0.
>>>

>> Extreme but what would you expect from an extremely biased sample
>> selection.

> Well, the interesting thing isn't that biased samples produce odd
> results: it's that the sample was selected according to position on a
> political, not scientific, spectrum. One could easily expect that
> opinions on the war, on the President's performance, or on Democratic
> legislator's motivations would be affected. That's dog bites man
> stuff. But what was the a prior expectation about their position on a
> scientific topic? I wouldn't have expected this litmus test to have
> performed so well.

In this case politics probably overshadows science. This would be a good
topic for my Stats class (maybe a significance test for one proportion).

If I run a single one tailed proportion z test, the 0 is not
statistically significant (95% confidence level) if the true population
proportion (of right wing bloggers who believe human intervention is the
main cause of climate change) is less than 4.5%.

And the conclusion is..............erm, good luck with that.

> But I guess I'm naive because I was also pretty surprised about the
> divide on the estimates of excess mortality in Iraq. Those estimates
> appear to have about as much support as the AGW stuff does by
> professionals in their respective fields.

I'm skeptical about the GW thing mostly due to my experience with
models.

Phil H

On Mar 4, 4:31 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2:31 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> > > Is this......
> > > 1. The Tattoo shop?
> > > 2. The Motorcycle shop?
> > > 3. Your Moms house?

> Pretty much. Try googling "77 e third st" new york
> if you really need to know. Most people in lower NYC
> mind their manners on this block. Or just visithttp://www.bigredmachine.com
>
> > It's some guy he doesn't like. His kind always talk big as long as they're
> > far enough away.

> Tommy Gun,
>
> As Mr. Big Talk yourself, if you had any more irony
> in you, you'd be a skillet. I have not threatened
> you with any kind of violence and I never will. If
> you can dig some threat up with Google, which I doubt,
> I'll happily retract it. I don't need to behave that
> way and I don't need to prove some kind of outdated
> idea of manliness either. What little I've seen of
> the rule of fists was enough and I don't need to see
> any more, much less fantasize about it on Usenet.
> If it makes you feel good, fine, but don't expect any
> grown-up to be impressed.
>
> Ben
> RBR Anger Mgmt Dept.

Yeah this **** gets really old, really quick. Tom sounds like a
testosterone, or tequila, fueled teenager looking for a shoving match.
As we know though, Tom is more deadly than Chuck Liddell, or the whole
Gracie family, 'cause he's told us.
About the only thing he has done is to guarantee, if anything
happened, that tons of witnesses here would come forward to testify
that Tom's attack was premeditated assault.
I'm willing to bet there are a bunch of people here who could adjust
Tom's attitude, but they have smarter things to do than go looking for
a streetfight.
Bill C

Channeling our tinfoil hat wearing friends here is the answer, and
it's simple:
http://tinyurl.com/27deco

OTTAWA (AFP) - A former Canadian defense minister is demanding
governments worldwide disclose and use secret alien technologies
obtained in alleged UFO crashes to stem climate change, a local paper
said Wednesday.

Our problems are over!
Wonder what a "UFO Tech'" bicycle looks like?
Bill C

On 3/4/07 3:36 PM, in article
[email protected], "Bill C"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Channeling our tinfoil hat wearing friends here is the answer, and
> it's simple:
> http://tinyurl.com/27deco
>
> OTTAWA (AFP) - A former Canadian defense minister is demanding
> governments worldwide disclose and use secret alien technologies
> obtained in alleged UFO crashes to stem climate change, a local paper
> said Wednesday.
>
> Our problems are over!
> Wonder what a "UFO Tech'" bicycle looks like?
> Bill C

If the scare mongering lefty hippie freak wackos had accepted Nuclear energy
a few decades ago (like the French!!) We would be much better off now......

Something tells me the aliens are not using windmills to power their
spaceships.....

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 01:19:34 GMT, ST <[email protected]> wrote:

>If the scare mongering lefty hippie freak wackos had accepted Nuclear energy
>a few decades ago (like the French!!) We would be much better off now......
>
>Something tells me the aliens are not using windmills to power their
>spaceships.....

Push Pull telekenesis, with the occasional teleportation for that
turbo start. Windmills of your mind, so to speak.

Don't tell me where I got this - the little voices weren't saying, so
to speak.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

> On Mar 3, 2:31 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> > It's some guy he doesn't like. His kind always talk big as long as they're
> > far enough away.

> Tommy Gun,
>
> As Mr. Big Talk yourself, if you had any more irony
> in you, you'd be a skillet. I have not threatened
> you with any kind of violence and I never will. If
> you can dig some threat up with Google, which I doubt,
> I'll happily retract it. I don't need to behave that
> way and I don't need to prove some kind of outdated
> idea of manliness either. What little I've seen of
> the rule of fists was enough and I don't need to see
> any more, much less fantasize about it on Usenet.
> If it makes you feel good, fine, but don't expect any
> grown-up to be impressed.

What all of this comes down to is that Tom is a bully. All you have to do is watch
the progression of his posts in any discussion - the constant belittling and
disparaging of the other person eventually turns to threats if they don't buckle under
to his barrage. And why should anyone be impressed with or respect someone who feels
that threats of physical violence are an acceptable way of carrying on a discussion?

--

ST wrote:

> If the scare mongering lefty hippie freak wackos had accepted Nuclear
> energy a few decades ago (like the French!!) We would be much better
> off now......

Yeah. Nuclear energy really saved San Diego's ass a few years ago.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Push Pull telekenesis, with the occasional teleportation for that
> turbo start. Windmills of your mind, so to speak.

So the aliens use LSD to power their ships. What a bunch of (grey) lefty
hippie freak wackos.