The wrong muscles

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.

Love and aches from Rich x

--
    If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
    change the obvious bit to richard

Tags:

2. dailuggs

dailuggs New Member

heh, i found out that aswell when doing my DoE gold expedition- 80km in 4 days, was so pleased when i got home and saw the bike i took it out for 50km ride, which i found easier than the whole weekend :)

3. >Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.
    >

I feel for you.

I've cycled a lot, for me, this last week and my thighs *ache*. Still I tell myself that it's doing
    me good in the fatbirdonabike quest to be slightlypodgybirdonbike.

Mind you, on the bike ride this morning, I noticed some hedgerows absolutely *bursting* with
    balckberries. So this afternoon I went back with Nathan & a couple of large tupperware containers. I
    am now assailed by the aroma of a blackberry crumble (with oaty bits in the crumble) wafting from
    the oven. Time to make the custard I think!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
    h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**[email protected]*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

4. On 07 Sep 2003 19:17:26 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>couple of large tupperware containers. I am now assailed by the aroma of a blackberry crumble (with
    >oaty bits in the crumble) wafting from the oven. Time to make the custard I think!

Shame noone has invented "SOIP" (Smell Over IP)[1]

Love and aromas from Rich x

[20030907151727] Dunno what IP stands for anyway

--
    If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,

5. On 07 Sep 2003 19:40:41 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have to say this crumble is *deeeeeelicious*. Nathan has never been

Bet it's not as nice as my apple crumble from Brisely!
    --

6. Simon Brooke

Simon Brooke Guest

Richard Bates <[email protected]> writes:

> On 07 Sep 2003 19:17:26 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >couple of large tupperware containers. I am now assailed by the aroma of a blackberry crumble
    > >(with oaty bits in the crumble) wafting from the oven. Time to make the custard I think!
    >
    > Shame noone has invented "SOIP" (Smell Over IP)[1]
    >
    > Love and aromas from Rich x
    >
    > [1] Dunno what IP stands for anyway

Internet Protocol. And if anyone says 'intellectual property', shoot them.

--
    [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/ ;; Our modern industrial
    economy takes a mountain covered with trees, ;; lakes, running streams and transforms it into a
    mountain of junk, ;; garbage, slime pits, and debris. -- Edward Abbey

7. Steph Peters

Steph Peters Guest

Richard Bates <[email protected]> of asdfg wrote:

>Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.
    >
    >Love and aches from Rich x

You cycle, so the muscles used for cycling get more developed and walking//running gets harder. I've
    got a skinny friend who was into running half marathons, and won a few races for her category, so
    we're talking seriously fit. She found cycling relatively hard, and even though I'm
    fatslowbirdonabike, I could keep up with her. She had developed all the muscles for running, which
    doesn't suit cycling.
    --
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. --
    William James Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected] Tatting, lace &
    stitching page <http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm

8. Callas

Callas Guest

[email protected] wrote:
    > Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.

"Gromit! these are the wrong muscles!"

--
    Callas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.