The wrong muscles

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.

    Love and aches from Rich x

    --
    If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
    change the obvious bit to richard

    Tags:

  2. dailuggs

    dailuggs New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2003
    heh, i found out that aswell when doing my DoE gold expedition- 80km in 4 days, was so pleased when i got home and saw the bike i took it out for 50km ride, which i found easier than the whole weekend :)

  3. >Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.

    I feel for you.

    I've cycled a lot, for me, this last week and my thighs *ache*. Still I tell myself that it's doing
    me good in the fatbirdonabike quest to be slightlypodgybirdonbike.

    Mind you, on the bike ride this morning, I noticed some hedgerows absolutely *bursting* with
    balckberries. So this afternoon I went back with Nathan & a couple of large tupperware containers. I
    am now assailed by the aroma of a blackberry crumble (with oaty bits in the crumble) wafting from
    the oven. Time to make the custard I think!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**[email protected]*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. On 07 Sep 2003 19:17:26 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >couple of large tupperware containers. I am now assailed by the aroma of a blackberry crumble (with
    >oaty bits in the crumble) wafting from the oven. Time to make the custard I think!

    Shame noone has invented "SOIP" (Smell Over IP)[1]

    Love and aromas from Rich x

    [20030907151727] Dunno what IP stands for anyway

    --
    If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
    change the obvious bit to richard

  5. On 07 Sep 2003 19:40:41 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have to say this crumble is *deeeeeelicious*. Nathan has never been

    Bet it's not as nice as my apple crumble from Brisely!
    --
    If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
    change the obvious bit to richard

  6. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> writes:

    > On 07 Sep 2003 19:17:26 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >couple of large tupperware containers. I am now assailed by the aroma of a blackberry crumble
    > >(with oaty bits in the crumble) wafting from the oven. Time to make the custard I think!
    >
    > Shame noone has invented "SOIP" (Smell Over IP)[1]
    >
    > Love and aromas from Rich x
    >
    > [1] Dunno what IP stands for anyway

    Internet Protocol. And if anyone says 'intellectual property', shoot them.

    --
    [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/ ;; Our modern industrial
    economy takes a mountain covered with trees, ;; lakes, running streams and transforms it into a

  7. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> of asdfg wrote:

    >Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.
    >
    >Love and aches from Rich x

    You cycle, so the muscles used for cycling get more developed and walking//running gets harder. I've
    got a skinny friend who was into running half marathons, and won a few races for her category, so
    we're talking seriously fit. She found cycling relatively hard, and even though I'm
    fatslowbirdonabike, I could keep up with her. She had developed all the muscles for running, which
    doesn't suit cycling.
    --
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. --
    William James Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected] Tatting, lace &

  8. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Went walking over the Malvern hills this weekend. My legs are definitely made for cycling.

    "Gromit! these are the wrong muscles!"

    --
    Callas