Theft

cyclintom

Jan 15, 2011
A number of months ago I had a Gary Fisher Sugar 3 in my back yard because I'm simply out of room in my garage. One night although you have to be psychic to know it is there and the eyesight of an owl to see where it was under a mountain of my wife's hoards of junk, it was stolen. I know it had to be someone local because all the houses in this neighborhood are more or less the same layout. And the person that stole it had to be as quiet as a church mouse to get it without making noise.

Well, yesterday I had to go up and help my club with the coming double century registration and within minutes after I left I guess the same person returned to break into my garage where I have about $20,000 worth of bikes. He had almost broken the side door of the garage down and it triggered the alarm and the monitoring system called the police.

He made a getaway but I know he's local. I know that he knows what I have in my garage.

This makes me really unhappy. So unhappy that I'm considering moving out of California. So what's it like living in a state that has 24" of snow a year? How can you retain your fitness or ride?

Whatever the **** you do, where ever the **** you go...stay the Hell OUT of Ohio.

Reactions: wowbango
Whatever the **** you do, where ever the **** you go...stay the Hell OUT of Ohio.
I would never want to live where you couldn't ride six months out of the year so that you can get the idea you're a real rider by being second to the Pork Chop Eating Champion and being proud of it.

Psssst! Hey you! Yeah, you....dumbass. We typically ride outside all year 'round. Less when the snow flies, but we never stop. Indoors when it rains or snows.

And if I finished last in a race it would still be ahead of your slow, fat ass.

Psssst! Hey you! Yeah, you....dumbass. We typically ride outside all year 'round. Less when the snow flies, but we never stop. Indoors when it rains or snows.

And if I finished last in a race it would still be ahead of your slow, fat ass.
Sure you do.

**** you, ****. You're a ****ing moron. You're a fat ass ***** and you're my little *****. **** face dipshit.

What a lying, miserable little ***** you are, tommy. You couldn't make 600 Watts for an hour and you sure as Hell couldn't man-up for cold weather little ***** girl that you are.

upload_2018-10-10_21-25-21.png
upload_2018-10-10_21-25-21.png upload_2018-10-10_21-25-21.png upload_2018-10-10_21-25-21.png

Am I supposed to be impressed that you have a fixy? Or do you think that I should be impressed that you have what - a Concor saddle - on it from the 60's which means that to you a 5 mile ride is a long ride? Or maybe we're supposed to be impressed that you have tubular tires on that piece of junk with old Campy tubular wheels left-over from the 50's? No wonder you're so proud of finishing 2nd to the Pork Chop Eating King.

And going through my stuff here I just discovered that I finished second in the 10K TT at the Great Western Bicycle Rally. I never attached any importance to things like that. It's not like I'd be proud of a second place.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Time VX 1.JPG
    Time VX 1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
"Am I supposed to be impressed that you have a fixy?"

No, you filthy lying moron. You were just proved wrong again. Snow on the ground. Snow in the air. Temperature below freezing. And I'm just back from a nice ride.

"Sure you do."

Yup. Sure. I. Do. Have done and will do long after your rotting, lying carcass is in the dirt.

And why am I not surprised you don't know a fixie from a track bike. Typical old fart moron.

What Campy Bob? you don't ride in the rain? you big wussy, I thought you were a bigger man then that, I live in Fort Wayne and I ride in the rain, no big deal. I don't ride in the snow because I too big of a wussy for that but I have seen people riding road bikes with narrow tires on the snow! My problem with snow is that's it's slippery and I have fusion in my back so no thanks; of course the people I say riding their road bikes in the snow were in their 20's so crashes don't hurt as much as they do when your in your mid 60's.

you don't ride in the rain?

Only when I get caught out in it by accident! Last year that might have been a half-dozen times. This year I've been lucky and only been caught out twice. Drowned one time, just soggy the other.

Rain riding is no big deal to me and it feels great on a 90 degree Summer day. However, bike detailing time IS a big deal. I ain't retired yet by a long shot and I'm still burning the candle at both ends and the middle. 10-hour days, keeping the farm going, doing all the usual maintenance, the rest of life, blah blah blah.

Detailing the one car, one of the trucks, the sport ute and one of the Harley's is a God's plenty, thank you very much.

I only do snow when the roads are basically clear. I've done glare ice and snow...on both track bikes...and it's not so much fun. My normal cut off temp for riding is 25 degrees. Two years I did two rides at 19 degrees. 13 degrees is the coldest I can remember riding in.

I've been caught in the rain a lot by accident myself since moving from S Calif to Indiana 15 years ago, and I've purposely gone riding while it was raining. Usually rain here in Indiana ends within 30 minutes of starting, so it's not a big deal, though once I went bike camping to a lake and when it was time to leave it rained on me the entire 4 hour trip home, and it was either mild rain or a downpour the whole way. I have fenders which kept the bike fairly clean, and the panniers, handlebar bag, seat bag and top tube bag are all waterproof so nothing got wet inside those, but I was soaked for the whole trip; thankfully it was in the upper 70's to lower 80's the whole way so I never got cold. That was the longest I ever rode in the rain.

When I was younger...MUCH younger...I rode in the rain. I did a couple of the 210-mile TOSRV rides with rain that never stopped for both days. It sucked.

I trained in the rain and I raced in the rain. Those races, without brakes for the most part, often had epic crashes. They sucked.

I toured a lot of Europe in 1975 and rode through days of rain. It sucked. My Holdsworth also had fenders and a front mud flap. The bike still got trashed every time.

As I got older it dawned on me that I had a choice...most of the time...of whether or not I rode in the rain. Like I said, I still get caught out in it every now and again and other than the two hours (minimum) it takes me to clean, detail and lubricate the bike it's no big deal.

I can throw my clothes in the washer. I can throw myself in the shower. But, I still haven't found that magic bike washing machine that I can use to avoid eating up my life with unnecessary bike cleaning.

And thanks to Zwift, Rouvy, Virtugo, Sufferfest, TrainerRoad, RoadGrandTours and all the rest...and smart trainers and rocking plates...I get a much better workout indoors than riding outside. I'll spend that two hours training.

Nope. I don't miss riding in the rain one little bit. It still sucks.

I raced mostly in California, some in Nevada, and few in Arizona and I think I only got showered on once in those 15 years, I can't recall but I seem to remember the rain only lasted a few minutes.

Arizona during the rainy season was afternoon downpours. They didn't last all that long, but flash flooding occurred a lot.

spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif

PansyBob - "And why am I not surprised you don't know a fixie from a track bike."

And why am I not surprised that you still haven't told us what the difference is?

A Cat2 friend turned in this performance over the weekend:

I had a goal 260w NP, 148-155HR.
My actual numbers 247NP / 264(max 20min) 151 Ave HR.

He's 30, lean, efficient, train by the numbers power guy. Not some old **** yard wide fat ass like you, tommy.

And yet YOU claim to exceed his numbers!!! LMFAO!

This idiocy of yours has long passed the point of insanity on your part! It's so far out of the realm of reality that I can't stop laughing at how dumb you really are about cycling, training and power. That thump on the noggin must have really fried you!

You claimed almost triple his stats! And you the lie some more by claiming it was a "mistake"!!! LMAO! One hellova "mistake" for a guy that invented everything but the light bub and lived by numbers! Huh?!?!

Than you claimed the average Joe vet could do EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS! For an hour!!!! LMFAO!

Nope, dumbass. That was no "mistake". That was YOU lying your ass off repeatedly.

Mistake? Nope. It wasn't a "mistake". It was a blatant lie and one that you repeated over and over. Then you tried to claim the average vet rider could make 800 Watts! LMFAO!

You had every chance to correct your "mistake" and yet you did NOT! You continued to argue, like the dumb **** that you are, that you made 600 Watts. For an entire HOUR!

Instead of admitting that you lied and had no idea how little power you actually make you continued to lie like the little ***** that you are.

C'mon little *****. Let's see that power file that proves you can make 300 Watts for an hour! LMAO! Hell, post up your data file that proves your fat ****ing ass can make 300 Watts for 20 minutes!

Keep lying, moron. You NEVER, EVER made 600 Watts.

Not for the hour that you claimed and then repeatedly claimed.

Not for 20 minutes.

Not for 10 minutes.

Not for 5 minutes.

Not even for ONE stinking minute of your miserable, lying life.

And yet here you are.

STILL defending your lying ass.

With EVERY post you make you reinforce the fact that you lied to a man that came to the board seeking advice. You lied to everyone that read that thread. More importantly, you lied to yourself over and over after being exposed as a fake.

Man up, ******** and apologize for your lying.

And anyone that could read your "friend's" posting could notice something about that you didn't. That his target power output was dependent upon his heart rate being below normal. But you not understanding dog squat didn't see that. High end Cat 2's have a heart rate closer to 180. So it's a real huge surprise that relaxing and riding easy your friend didn't have a large p/w.

Is ignorance a family trait of yours?>

FFS. HR is a HIGHLY individual attribute, you ****ing dumbass.

"Froome’s average heart rate (158bpm) and his max watts during his attack (873w corrected)."

With every post you make you confirm what a moron you are. "high end Cat 2"!!! LMFAO! Idiot!