Them bones....

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Robert Hill, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. Robert Hill

    Robert Hill Guest

    I was away in Sri Lanka 29.07.04 and arriving there had a
    bit of a fall. You know, you walk all over the place, up
    hill, down dale, no problems and then within 20 mins of
    arriving on holiday, whoosh, you're carted off to hospital.
    To cut a bloomin' long story substantially short I fell with
    me right foot pointing to port, and the creaking x ray unit
    in Kandy (too dusty for MRSA to exist, but wonderful people)
    spotted no break , but with sepia tinted negatives I wasn't
    suprised. Arriving home 10 days later, the foot was re x
    rayed and there's a hairline fracture bottom of little toe.
    Still bloomin painful... how long's this gonna take before I
    can hit the hills again??
    Is this OT? Perhaps there's a uk.rec.medics.dotting bored
    site....

    Robert

    Tags:

  2. Joe Bloggs

    Joe Bloggs Guest

    "Robert Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I was away in Sri Lanka 29.07.04 and arriving there had a
    > bit of a fall. You know, you walk all over the place, up
    > hill, down dale, no problems and then within 20 mins of
    > arriving on holiday, whoosh, you're carted off to hospital.
    > To cut a bloomin' long story substantially short I fell with
    > me right foot pointing to port, and the creaking x ray unit
    > in Kandy (too dusty for MRSA to exist, but wonderful people)
    > spotted no break , but with sepia tinted negatives I wasn't
    > suprised. Arriving home 10 days later, the foot was re x
    > rayed and there's a hairline fracture bottom of little toe.
    > Still bloomin painful... how long's this gonna take before I
    > can hit the hills again??
    > Is this OT? Perhaps there's a uk.rec.medics.dotting bored
    > site....

    Years ago, as a kid, I broke my ankle. It took six weeks to get better.
    Two weeks ago I broke my arm in a paragliding accident, and the doc
    says 'have a sick note for six weeks'.

    Spot a pattern? I reckon 6 weeks to be safe, but ask someone qualified.

    Dave