Theoretical Question On Spoking...

lohsnest

Oct 10, 2004
I have been thinking about something recently and was wondering if it is a possibility. I have a set of Campagnolo Ventos. They utilize pull-though spokes.

The question is... when I do have to replace my spokes, is it theoretically possible to replace them with bladed spokes? I have looked at the construction of this wheel vs. let's say, Bontrager's Race X Lites, and I didn't notice any particular difference in the nipples (or maybe I wasn't looking close enough). If it is possible, are there any positive/negative consequences such as strength, rigidity, etc?

lohsnest said:
I have been thinking about something recently and was wondering if it is a possibility. I have a set of Campagnolo Ventos. They utilize pull-though spokes.

The question is... when I do have to replace my spokes, is it theoretically possible to replace them with bladed spokes? I have looked at the construction of this wheel vs. let's say, Bontrager's Race X Lites, and I didn't notice any particular difference in the nipples (or maybe I wasn't looking close enough). If it is possible, are there any positive/negative consequences such as strength, rigidity, etc?
If they are spoke sthat pull through the hub check these out
http://www.dtswiss.com/index.asp?fuseaction=spokes.bikedetail&id=10

I built a wheel using these spokes and a tubular rim, very fast in the sprints!!:D

Wrong page the Aero lites i used.