there be a trike here

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar and crashbars included)

    Tags:

  2. Skip

    Skip Guest

    Joshua:

    I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something previously
    or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but what's the benefit of the roll bar? Does the trike have
    seat/shoulder belts?

    skip

  3. seat belt and shoulder harness...yes (in the final version). the rollbar is there as someplace to
    mount the front/rear lighting (up) where the guy in the SUV can see me.

    "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > Joshua:
    >
    > I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something
    > previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but what's the benefit of the roll bar? Does the
    > trike have seat/shoulder belts?
    >
    > skip

  4. "skip" skrev...
    > Joshua:
    >
    > I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something
    > previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but what's the benefit of the roll bar? Does the
    > trike have seat/shoulder belts?

    Hes starting a new sport for SUV's: Trikeball. ;-9

    M.

  5. 2 days ago I saw a License Plate on a SUV reading FASTFRED....I got out of the area really fast
    -----------------------------------

    > "skip" skrev...
    > > Joshua:
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something
    > > previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but
    what's
    > > the benefit of the roll bar? Does the trike have seat/shoulder belts?
    >
    > Hes starting a new sport for SUV's: Trikeball. ;-9
    >
    > M.

  6. Skip

    Skip Guest

    > 2 days ago I saw a License Plate on a SUV reading FASTFRED....I got out of the area really fast
    > -----------------------------------
    > "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "skip" skrev...
    > > > Joshua:
    > > >
    > > > I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must
    have
    > > > missed something previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but
    > what's
    > > > the benefit of the roll bar? Does the trike have seat/shoulder
    belts?

    > > Hes starting a new sport for SUV's: Trikeball. ;-9
    > >
    > > M.

    :)

    Being the timid type I'm thinking of something a little less thunderdome like........maybe trikeball
    polo on an off-street trikeball field such as Joshua's parking garage.

    P.S. Hurry up Joshua and get those pictures up. The whole world is waiting. Not since Segway have I
    experienced so much anxious anticipation.

    skip

  7. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    hmmm, monday now and no pics...

    > my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar and crashbars included)

  8. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > hmmm, monday now and no pics...
    >

    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar and crashbars included)

    I have seen pictures. They are REAL. I want to believe... er, wait, wrong rant. I have seen pictures
    of the trike though...

    rorschandt

  9. Gabe I was wondering when you'd reappear. I am emailing the pics tonite to those who showed an
    interest and then onto Yahoo (hopefully b4 midnite). I suspect you will hate it no matter what it
    looks like. I was tempted to post a pic of a Thorax just to see if you ran it into the ground
    (thinking I built it). So, got any more Calfee pics for us to comment on or did Gardner take away
    your camera after you posted the 1st set? Hugs and Kisses

    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hmmm, monday now and no pics...
    >

    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar and crashbars included)

  10. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    What a cynical man you are, I am genuinely interested in your trike. Knock off the 3 year old
    attitude please.

    > Gabe I was wondering when you'd reappear. I am emailing the pics tonite to those who showed an
    > interest and then
    onto
    > Yahoo (hopefully b4 midnite). I suspect you will hate it no matter what it looks like. I was
    > tempted to post a pic of a Thorax just to see if you ran it into the ground (thinking
    > built it). So, got any more Calfee pics for us to comment on or did Gardner take away your camera
    > after you posted the 1st set? Hugs and Kisses
    >
    > "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > hmmm, monday now and no pics...
    > >

    > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar
    and
    > > > crashbars included)

  11. Damn...you didn't fall for the bait. Guess the idea of getting a flame war going isn't going to
    happen after all and now I cannot use the flame war as an excuse why I had to stop doing the trikes.
    Since the person doing the pics won't arrive till 9:30 tonite....I have a whopping 5 hours to do
    what should take 3 days. How bout a small flame war?

    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What a cynical man you are, I am genuinely interested in your trike. Knock off the 3 year old
    > attitude please.
    >
    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Gabe I was wondering when you'd reappear. I am emailing the pics tonite to those who showed an
    > > interest and then
    > onto
    > > Yahoo (hopefully b4 midnite). I suspect you will hate it no matter what it looks like. I was
    > > tempted
    > > post a pic of a Thorax just to see if you ran it into the ground
    (thinking
    > > built it). So, got any more Calfee pics for us to comment on or did Gardner take
    away
    > > your camera after you posted the 1st set? Hugs and Kisses
    > >
    > > "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > hmmm, monday now and no pics...
    > > >

    > > > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > and

  12. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > What a cynical man you are, I am genuinely interested in your trike. Knock off the 3 year old
    > attitude please.

    I believe it may not be an attitude but his true nature (~:

    rorschandt

  13. sounds about right to me Growing up Don Rickles was my hero
    --------------------------------------
    "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > What a cynical man you are, I am genuinely interested in your trike. Knock off the 3 year old
    > > attitude please.
    > >

    > I believe it may not be an attitude but his true nature (~:
    >

    > rorschandt

  14. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > Being the timid type I'm thinking of something a little less thunderdome like........maybe
    > trikeball polo on an off-street trikeball field such as Joshua's parking garage.

    On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea to begin with and would
    probably bring into the newsgroup a class of people [1] that Tom Sherman and others would have
    serious issues with.

    skip

    [1] Rich

  15. > >
    > On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea to begin with and would
    > probably bring into the newsgroup a class of people
    [1]
    > that Tom Sherman and others would have serious issues with.
    >
    > skip
    >
    > [1] Rich

    leave me outa this!

    rich

  16. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Rich Westerman wrote:

    > > On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea to begin with and would
    > > probably bring into the newsgroup a class of people
    > [1]
    > > that Tom Sherman and others would have serious issues with.
    > >
    > > skip
    > >
    > > [1] Rich
    >

    > leave me outa this!
    >
    > rich

    Rich,

    I do not have any problems with you.

    BTW, are you planning on doing the Easter ride? The start is not too far from where you live. I
    expect many of the usual Chicagoland Recumbent Riders suspects will be there. <
    http://www.folksonspokes.com/easter.html >

  17. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

    > the rollbar is there as someplace to mount the front/rear lighting (up) where > the guy in the SUV
    > can see me.

    Joshua

    Finally, you are beginning to make some sense.

    You will look like a backhoe tootling down the road.

    I have noticed that when I go to the service station on my 21,000# CAT 416C backhoe to fuel up, the
    SUV drivers give me a WIDE berth. When I go down that same stretch of road on my Barcroft Dakota I
    have to fold in my handle-bar end rear view mirror so the same SUV drivers (and all other cagers)
    don't wipe it off.

    Jerry

  18. > > > On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea
    > > > begin with and would probably bring into the newsgroup a class of
    people
    > > [1]
    > > > that Tom Sherman and others would have serious issues with.
    > > >
    > > > skip
    > > >
    > > > [1] Rich
    > >

    > > leave me outa this!
    > >
    > > rich
    >
    > Rich,
    >
    > I do not have any problems with you.
    >
    > BTW, are you planning on doing the Easter ride? The start is not too far from where you live. I
    > expect many of the usual Chicagoland Recumbent Riders suspects will be there. <
    > http://www.folksonspokes.com/easter.html >

    Tom, that was a meagre attempt at jest. Yeah, I'll be doing that ride with a couple of df riding
    friends. Hope to see you there.

    rich, getting in lots of rural miles lately

  19. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > I have noticed that when I go to the service station on my 21,000# CAT 416C backhoe to fuel up,
    > the SUV drivers give me a WIDE berth.

    When I am not pedaling I generally drive my 2000# much-modified Suzuki Samurai 4x4 to work. I am
    very low on the pecking order on the freeway. A$$holes threaten my life with their big rigs a
    couple feet off my rear bumper. One day I may demonstrate some road-rage to them. They seem to
    feel that Caltrans built the inner lane just for people willing to be scofflaws and a bad example
    to our youth.

    But when I drive my 7000# lifted diesel long-bed stretch-cab 4x4 pickup they don't try to
    intimidate me.