there be a trike here

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar and crashbars included)

Joshua:

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something previously
or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but what's the benefit of the roll bar? Does the trike have
seat/shoulder belts?

skip

seat belt and shoulder harness...yes (in the final version). the rollbar is there as someplace to
mount the front/rear lighting (up) where the guy in the SUV can see me.

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> Joshua:
>
> I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something
> previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but what's the benefit of the roll bar? Does the
> trike have seat/shoulder belts?
>
> skip

"skip" skrev...
> Joshua:
>
> I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something
> previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but what's the benefit of the roll bar? Does the
> trike have seat/shoulder belts?

Hes starting a new sport for SUV's: Trikeball. ;-9

M.

2 days ago I saw a License Plate on a SUV reading FASTFRED....I got out of the area really fast
-----------------------------------

> "skip" skrev...
> > Joshua:
> >
> > I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must have missed something
> > previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but
what's
> > the benefit of the roll bar? Does the trike have seat/shoulder belts?
>
> Hes starting a new sport for SUV's: Trikeball. ;-9
>
> M.

> 2 days ago I saw a License Plate on a SUV reading FASTFRED....I got out of the area really fast
> -----------------------------------
> "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "skip" skrev...
> > > Joshua:
> > >
> > > I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the trike tomorrow. I must
have
> > > missed something previously or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but
> what's
> > > the benefit of the roll bar? Does the trike have seat/shoulder
belts?

> > Hes starting a new sport for SUV's: Trikeball. ;-9
> >
> > M.

:)

Being the timid type I'm thinking of something a little less thunderdome like........maybe trikeball
polo on an off-street trikeball field such as Joshua's parking garage.

P.S. Hurry up Joshua and get those pictures up. The whole world is waiting. Not since Segway have I
experienced so much anxious anticipation.

skip

Gabe I was wondering when you'd reappear. I am emailing the pics tonite to those who showed an
interest and then onto Yahoo (hopefully b4 midnite). I suspect you will hate it no matter what it
looks like. I was tempted to post a pic of a Thorax just to see if you ran it into the ground
(thinking I built it). So, got any more Calfee pics for us to comment on or did Gardner take away
your camera after you posted the 1st set? Hugs and Kisses

"bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hmmm, monday now and no pics...
>

> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar and crashbars included)

What a cynical man you are, I am genuinely interested in your trike. Knock off the 3 year old
attitude please.

> Gabe I was wondering when you'd reappear. I am emailing the pics tonite to those who showed an
> interest and then
onto
> Yahoo (hopefully b4 midnite). I suspect you will hate it no matter what it looks like. I was
> tempted to post a pic of a Thorax just to see if you ran it into the ground (thinking
> built it). So, got any more Calfee pics for us to comment on or did Gardner take away your camera
> after you posted the 1st set? Hugs and Kisses
>
> "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > hmmm, monday now and no pics...
> >

> > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > my Vaporware just arrived....will get the pics up by Sunday (rollbar
and
> > > crashbars included)

Damn...you didn't fall for the bait. Guess the idea of getting a flame war going isn't going to
happen after all and now I cannot use the flame war as an excuse why I had to stop doing the trikes.
Since the person doing the pics won't arrive till 9:30 tonite....I have a whopping 5 hours to do
what should take 3 days. How bout a small flame war?

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... <snip>
> Being the timid type I'm thinking of something a little less thunderdome like........maybe
> trikeball polo on an off-street trikeball field such as Joshua's parking garage.

On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea to begin with and would
probably bring into the newsgroup a class of people [1] that Tom Sherman and others would have
serious issues with.

skip

[1] Rich

> On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea to begin with and would
> probably bring into the newsgroup a class of people
[1]
> that Tom Sherman and others would have serious issues with.
>
> skip
>
> [1] Rich

leave me outa this!

rich

Rich Westerman wrote:

> > On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea to begin with and would
> > probably bring into the newsgroup a class of people
> [1]
> > that Tom Sherman and others would have serious issues with.
> >
> > skip
> >
> > [1] Rich
>

> leave me outa this!
>
> rich

Rich,

I do not have any problems with you.

BTW, are you planning on doing the Easter ride? The start is not too far from where you live. I
expect many of the usual Chicagoland Recumbent Riders suspects will be there. <
http://www.folksonspokes.com/easter.html >

news:<[email protected]>...

> the rollbar is there as someplace to mount the front/rear lighting (up) where > the guy in the SUV
> can see me.

Joshua

Finally, you are beginning to make some sense.

You will look like a backhoe tootling down the road.

I have noticed that when I go to the service station on my 21,000# CAT 416C backhoe to fuel up, the
SUV drivers give me a WIDE berth. When I go down that same stretch of road on my Barcroft Dakota I
have to fold in my handle-bar end rear view mirror so the same SUV drivers (and all other cagers)
don't wipe it off.

Jerry

> > > On second thought let's forget Trike Polo. It was a really dumb idea
> > > begin with and would probably bring into the newsgroup a class of
people
> > [1]
> > > that Tom Sherman and others would have serious issues with.
> > >
> > > skip
> > >
> > > [1] Rich
> >

> > leave me outa this!
> >
> > rich
>
> Rich,
>
> I do not have any problems with you.
>
> BTW, are you planning on doing the Easter ride? The start is not too far from where you live. I
> expect many of the usual Chicagoland Recumbent Riders suspects will be there. <
> http://www.folksonspokes.com/easter.html >

Tom, that was a meagre attempt at jest. Yeah, I'll be doing that ride with a couple of df riding
friends. Hope to see you there.

rich, getting in lots of rural miles lately

> I have noticed that when I go to the service station on my 21,000# CAT 416C backhoe to fuel up,
> the SUV drivers give me a WIDE berth.

When I am not pedaling I generally drive my 2000# much-modified Suzuki Samurai 4x4 to work. I am
very low on the pecking order on the freeway. A$$holes threaten my life with their big rigs a
couple feet off my rear bumper. One day I may demonstrate some road-rage to them. They seem to
feel that Caltrans built the inner lane just for people willing to be scofflaws and a bad example
to our youth.

But when I drive my 7000# lifted diesel long-bed stretch-cab 4x4 pickup they don't try to
intimidate me.