There may be hope

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom Blum, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Blum

Tom Blum Guest

Yesterday, on my regular "long ride" I did what I have been threatening for some time.

It sort of bothers me to drive a thirty mile round trip to get to the trail to ride. So, this time I
    rode to the ride!! It is about 16 miles there. I picked all the back roads I know of. There were
    only about 1 to 2 miles of two lane with out a shoulder. Early Sunday morning traffic was not bad at
    all. Even the few semis on the road were polite and cautious in passing.

Now, the hope part: While I was talking to someone at the trailhead, a DF biker showed up with all
    the trappings. A nice Le Monde Reynolds bike and full gear. We left near together.

At the 10 mile point, I used the restroom and was drinking some water. He caught up and said "How
    fast is that thing?? I was trying to catch you and couldn't. I averaged 17 mph"(looking at
    cyclometer)

That doesn't happen to me often. AND, I really wasn't 'busting my ass'. Just taking what the
    conditions gave me.

--
    Miles of Smiles,

Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone High Racer Clone
    www.gate.net/~teblum

Tags:

2. Harv

Harv Guest

Like Blabbio said. Just keep out of his way. It's not your fault he couldn't keep up. "Tom Blum"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Yesterday, on my regular "long ride" I did what I have been threatening
    for
    > some time.
    >
    > It sort of bothers me to drive a thirty mile round trip to get to the
    trail
    > to ride. So, this time I rode to the ride!! It is about 16 miles there. I picked all the back
    > roads I know of. There were only about 1 to 2 miles of two lane with out a shoulder. Early Sunday
    > morning traffic was not bad at all. Even the few semis on the road were polite and cautious in
    > passing.
    >
    > Now, the hope part: While I was talking to someone at the trailhead, a DF biker showed up with all
    > the trappings. A nice Le Monde Reynolds bike and full gear. We left near together.
    >
    > At the 10 mile point, I used the restroom and was drinking some water. He caught up and said "How
    > fast is that thing?? I was trying to catch you and couldn't. I averaged 17 mph"(looking at
    > cyclometer)
    >
    > That doesn't happen to me often. AND, I really wasn't 'busting my ass'.
    Just
    > taking what the conditions gave me.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Miles of Smiles,
    >
    > Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone High Racer
    > Clone www.gate.net/~teblum

3. Edward Wong

Edward Wong Guest

Good job Tom! Which bike were you riding...your new high racer clone?

Cheers, Edward Wong Orlando, FL

"Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yesterday, on my regular "long ride" I did what I have been threatening
    for
    > some time.
    >
    > It sort of bothers me to drive a thirty mile round trip to get to the
    trail
    > to ride. So, this time I rode to the ride!! It is about 16 miles there. I picked all the back
    > roads I know of. There were only about 1 to 2 miles of two lane with out a shoulder. Early Sunday
    > morning traffic was not bad at all. Even the few semis on the road were polite and cautious in
    > passing.
    >
    > Now, the hope part: While I was talking to someone at the trailhead, a DF biker showed up with all
    > the trappings. A nice Le Monde Reynolds bike and full gear. We left near together.
    >
    > At the 10 mile point, I used the restroom and was drinking some water. He caught up and said "How
    > fast is that thing?? I was trying to catch you and couldn't. I averaged 17 mph"(looking at
    > cyclometer)
    >
    > That doesn't happen to me often. AND, I really wasn't 'busting my ass'.
    Just
    > taking what the conditions gave me.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Miles of Smiles,
    >
    > Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone High Racer
    > Clone www.gate.net/~teblum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.