There's something in the Vini!

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by CAMPYBOB, Jun 4, 2013.

1. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

2. ambal

ambal Active Member

I'll wait for his B sample to come back before I make my mind up. I seriously doubt any pro cyclist would risk doping after the whole Lance Armstrong affair. It's getting so crazy, yesterday several itailan websites were suggesting there is a rumor that vincenzo nibali also has a positive test thats yet to be announced. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif

3. CAMPYBOB

Yes, Nibs and another rider are 'rumored' to be hot. Who knows? Rumormill scuttlebutt or inside info? Time will tell

No big deal to me. I kind of like a guy that starts a grand tour fueled up. Santa needed all the help he could get just to overcome the unaerodynamic cheeks.

As far as 'B' Sample goes...Santa supposedly admitted as much as mainlining Edgar in a phone conversation with the team DS or manager (forget which).

I have my suspicions about Duran Duran, but the dude was fun to watch so he gets a pass from me no matter what.

With Wiggo wazzed out and Sky getting funnier than a cheap standup, the Tour of France could be more of a snooze than the Gyro was.

My UCI vote still goes to Paddy. At least the doping stories got me awake thru the canceled stage, shortened stage, crashfest stages and the Cav Show (which was, IMNSHO the best entertainment value offered by the entire race).

4. azdroptop

azdroptop New Member

So did Nibali get caught yet? The way he destroyed everyone in the Giro reminded me of when Di Luca won a few years back when he was doped to the gills. Doping is not going away I'm afraid...

5. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Destroyed everyone? He had no real competitors. Oh wait. I forgot. Everyone must be guilty until proven otherwise. Uh-huh.

6. ambal

ambal Active Member

He was on a different level to the others, but I wouldn't say he destroyed them. There's been some speculation about him published in Italy.

7. azdroptop

azdroptop New Member

They are all pros aren't they? LOL And didn't a doped Di Luca have trouble hanging with him while he was in the race?

Maybe 'destroyed" them was a little much, but he and Astana were pretty dominant which makes them suspect IMO.

8. ambal

ambal Active Member

Astana are dirty as f_ck, everyone knows that. But not every rider on their team is a doper, take Kevin Seeldraeyers and Egor Silin's ride in stage 6 of the Critérium du Dauphiné, I believe their 3rd and 4th from the 4 man break is proof they're racing clean.

9. alienator

Di Luca was an old man doped to the gills. Them being pros doesn't mean anything. This from VeloNews: http://velonews.competitor.com/2013...win-represents-quandary-of-new-cycling_289152

10. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I used to like Danilo especially the way he raced.

11. CAMPYBOB

"And didn't a doped Di Luca have trouble hanging with him while he was in the race?"

DiLuca had two whole days of racing in his legs by the start of the Giro.

Despite not being able to hang with Nibs, he did get in a couple of breaks and at least tried liven up a pretty boring race. I still like the way he races.

12. alienator

Uhm, how many days of racing had Di Luca had so far this year? Note that training doesn't count as racing.

13. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

I believe their 3rd and 4th from the 4 man break is proof they're tactical morons.

14. CAMPYBOB

"I believe their 3rd and 4th from the 4 man break is proof they're tactical morons."

So...dopes, but not doped?

15. classic1

I didn't say that

16. classic1

I didn't say that

17. CAMPYBOB

I did.

I freely admit it in front of God and the 4.2 people reading this thread.

18. rockker

rockker Banned

hi friend A vine in the narrowest sense is the grapevine (Vitis), but more generally it can refer to any plant with a growth habit of trailing or scandent, that is to say climbing, stems or runners. The word also can refer to such stems or runners themselves, for instance when used in wicker work

19. CAMPYBOB

Thank you, friend.