These are pretty cool Quick Releases

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > http://www.woodmancomponents.com/products/items/2k2/qr/gator_f.html

    They'd be better if there was some sort of lock-out that prevents opening...I know if I used them,
    I'd snag a branch or something and pop it open, and I don't want to ride with an open QR. It'd
    probably never happen, but I wouldn't chance it to sve two seconds.

    However, if they put a little tab/button on the end that you could hold with your thumb while
    opening the lever, then it'd be very slick.

    Chris

  2. "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.woodmancomponents.com/products/items/2k2/qr/gator_f.html
    >
    > They'd be better if there was some sort of lock-out that prevents opening...I know if I used them,
    > I'd snag a branch or something and pop it open, and I don't want to ride with an open QR. It'd
    > probably never
    happen,
    > but I wouldn't chance it to sve two seconds.
    >
    > However, if they put a little tab/button on the end that you could hold
    with
    > your thumb while opening the lever, then it'd be very slick.

    Or if it's something that really bothers you either buy a fork with no retention tabs or file them
    off. Sorta seems like a solution looking for a problem.

    Russ

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Or if it's something that really bothers you either buy a fork with no retention tabs or file them
    > off. Sorta seems like a solution looking for a problem.
    >
    > Russ

    Good point, but they still look bitch'n ;^ )
    --
    Slacker