These Bots Are Out Of Hand.

It didnt end up very well in the Matrix.. :p

Animatrix_cap2.jpg

I was just about to say the same thing. I usually browse by new content and I was kinda used to having to sometimes skip over few threads because they were obvious bots, and sometimes I even clicked their links because they had some click bait links, but this is just absurd. There's more spam than actual content on this forum.

There must be some sort of way to sift out or ban the bots, right?

Also what about some measures where threads with no replies after a certain period get auto-locked, which would combt them being dug up again. Is this at all feasible?

Susimi said:
Also what about some measures where threads with no replies after a certain period get auto-locked, which would combt them being dug up again. Is this at all feasible?

Its Simple, We nuke J-Schwein. :D

hqdefault.jpg

Susimi said:
Volnix, please become a mod.

YOU are the hero this place needs :D

first thing I would do would be to change the theme to black background and green lettering. :D

All they have to do is install a couple of free anti-spam measures available for Invision Power Board. Damn easy to do. I know because I've owned and run an Invision forum using the exact same software for more than 10 years.

Reactions: steve
mpre53 said:
3.5 pages of gibberish spam. There has to be a way to block them.
It was actually more last night when the bot started. One way to block bots is to limit posts to one per minute per member since not many real people are going to do two (or more) posts or replies within 60 seconds. Using captchas might be a good alternative.

Our moderators do seem to respond as quickly as they can to spammer and bot attacks.

Bob

Reactions: steve
mpre53 said:
3.5 pages of gibberish spam. There has to be a way to block them.
We're migrating to new software in the next 24hrs, the spam filtering with this has been hit and miss at best.

Reactions: mpre53
If nominated, I will not accept! If elected, I will not serve!

I know cycling boards' traffic is as slow as molasses in January (CN's forum was once fairly active and it has been dead for months...or years), but dredging up all the old posts serves no purpose. Any decent search engine can perform that task.

I have no beef with JsWin or whatever his nick is, but that does make the forums look a bit lame. You would think he could comment on newer threads with the same level of...er...thoughtfulness.

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
steve said:
We'll be migrating to xenforo 1.5.
Excellent. We've had as many (if somewhat different) snags with IPB as we did with Huddler, on my other site. We've run a few test sample of xenforo and we like it.

I know next to nothing about forum software but the new system will be pretty neat to see. I look forward to what the next 24hours of this place looks like.

Behold! For we are stepping into a new era! :D