These flag-waving idiots

Steven Gee

Guest
....or just pushed back. The ASO should get a few of the Ape Hanger Harley
duded from Lances commercial to ride next to the lead groups, with straight
pipes of course. It is just a matter of time before a flag gets caught in a
leaders wheel. Maybe the other fans will resort to vigilante justice, if it
exists there.
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Should be shot.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Should be shot.

Fans rule! They control everything in a way. I'd woudn't be surprised if we
see something like what happened with the bag last year. I see Boonen stem
snapped! Ouchie!!

"curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The cyclists are used to it.

When you are suffering like hell to keep up with the leaders, last thing
you want is to have some guy yell stuff to make you frustrated.

> If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
> Armstrong ?
>
> You wouldn't even need a gun.

Yes, but the Islamic terrorists have started to learn over the past few
months. They don't do the "suicide bomber" bit much anymore. They park a
car and leave it to kill whoever happens to be walking by at the moment,
soldiers, women, children on their way to school. What does that have to
do with your statement. All the so-called "brave" terrorists have blown
themselves to bits and all that are left are the pussies and they aren't
going to stand in a crowd and try to take Lance out because they know they
would become a bloody stain on the sidewalk inside one minute after doing
so.

Just my take on the situation.

------
Dave Casey - Realtor
www.LasVegasHomesDirect.com
[email protected]

If I'd been sitting on the side of the road for 6 hours waiting to watch
the Tour come by and one of these dorks ran in front of me just as the
leading break was going by - I'd go midieval on his ass.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:02:21 GMT, "curt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It is normal. The cyclists are used to it. I do think they get a bit too
>close, but it is the same as ever.

If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
Armstrong ?

You wouldn't even need a gun.

[email protected] wrote in message

> If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
> Armstrong ?

pretty hard.

you'd have to make at least 7.5 W/kg

> If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
> Armstrong ?
>
> You wouldn't even need a gun.

It's actually a pretty scary thought. It doesn't even need to be a
terrorist, just an overzealous
(fill-in-the-blank-with-a-non-Armstrong-contender) fan.
Keep in mind that Eddy Merckx was punched by a spectator.
And speaking of not using a gun - Imagine a conspiracy of a bunch of
people willing to simply "push" a racer enough times to have him
disqualified.

DR

[email protected] wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:02:21 GMT, "curt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>It is normal. The cyclists are used to it. I do think they get a bit too
>>close, but it is the same as ever.
>>

> If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
> Armstrong ?
>
> You wouldn't even need a gun.

Too small a target. They wouldn't waste themselves on just one rider, no
matter how heroic.

An attack on the whole tour (peloton) would be a major coup, but
thinking about it, I think any bike race is a tricky target indeed. The
timing is very unpredictable. You couldn't set anything up with all
those fans. But maybe on a relatively deserted downhill section...

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Jonathan Quist wrote:
> "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>Should be shot.

>>I kind of like the guy with the longhorns.
>>
>>Mike

> Did you happen to catch the naked guy on yesterday's stage? I guess
> OLN is going to have to pay a huge fine now... <g>

They blurred out his butt crack on the rerun - how would you like to be
the guy with THAT video editing job?

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/