These flag-waving idiots

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steven Gee, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Steven Gee

    Steven Gee Guest

    ....or just pushed back. The ASO should get a few of the Ape Hanger Harley
    duded from Lances commercial to ride next to the lead groups, with straight
    pipes of course. It is just a matter of time before a flag gets caught in a
    leaders wheel. Maybe the other fans will resort to vigilante justice, if it
    exists there.
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Should be shot.

    Tags:

  2. Michael

    Michael Guest

  3. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Should be shot.

    Fans rule! They control everything in a way. I'd woudn't be surprised if we
    see something like what happened with the bag last year. I see Boonen stem
    snapped! Ouchie!!

  4. curt

    curt Guest

    It is normal. The cyclists are used to it. I do think they get a bit too
    close, but it is the same as ever.

    Curt

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Should be shot.

  5. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The cyclists are used to it.

    When you are suffering like hell to keep up with the leaders, last thing
    you want is to have some guy yell stuff to make you frustrated.

  6. curt

    curt Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > The cyclists are used to it.

    > When you are suffering like hell to keep up with the leaders, last thing
    > you want is to have some guy yell stuff to make you frustrated.

    Maybe for you and I, but these guys are pro's. It is nothing to them.

    Curt

  7. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

  8. Dave Casey

    Dave Casey Guest

    > If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
    > Armstrong ?
    >
    > You wouldn't even need a gun.

    Yes, but the Islamic terrorists have started to learn over the past few
    months. They don't do the "suicide bomber" bit much anymore. They park a
    car and leave it to kill whoever happens to be walking by at the moment,
    soldiers, women, children on their way to school. What does that have to
    do with your statement. All the so-called "brave" terrorists have blown
    themselves to bits and all that are left are the pussies and they aren't
    going to stand in a crowd and try to take Lance out because they know they
    would become a bloody stain on the sidewalk inside one minute after doing
    so.

    Just my take on the situation.

    ------
    Dave Casey - Realtor
    www.LasVegasHomesDirect.com
    [email protected]

  9. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott Guest

    If I'd been sitting on the side of the road for 6 hours waiting to watch
    the Tour come by and one of these dorks ran in front of me just as the
    leading break was going by - I'd go midieval on his ass.

  10. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:02:21 GMT, "curt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It is normal. The cyclists are used to it. I do think they get a bit too
    >close, but it is the same as ever.

    If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
    Armstrong ?

    You wouldn't even need a gun.

  11. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message

    > If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
    > Armstrong ?

    pretty hard.

    you'd have to make at least 7.5 W/kg

  12. DirtRoadie

    DirtRoadie Guest

    > If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
    > Armstrong ?
    >
    > You wouldn't even need a gun.

    It's actually a pretty scary thought. It doesn't even need to be a
    terrorist, just an overzealous
    (fill-in-the-blank-with-a-non-Armstrong-contender) fan.
    Keep in mind that Eddy Merckx was punched by a spectator.
    And speaking of not using a gun - Imagine a conspiracy of a bunch of
    people willing to simply "push" a racer enough times to have him
    disqualified.

    DR

  13. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:02:21 GMT, "curt" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>It is normal. The cyclists are used to it. I do think they get a bit too
    >>close, but it is the same as ever.
    >>

    > If you're an Islamist terrorist, how hard would it be to really hurt
    > Armstrong ?
    >
    > You wouldn't even need a gun.

    Too small a target. They wouldn't waste themselves on just one rider, no
    matter how heroic.

    An attack on the whole tour (peloton) would be a major coup, but
    thinking about it, I think any bike race is a tricky target indeed. The
    timing is very unpredictable. You couldn't set anything up with all
    those fans. But maybe on a relatively deserted downhill section...

    "We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
    a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
    them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
    could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
    instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

  14. Diablo Scott

    Diablo Scott Guest

    Jonathan Quist wrote:
    > "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>Should be shot.

    >>I kind of like the guy with the longhorns.
    >>
    >>Mike

    > Did you happen to catch the naked guy on yesterday's stage? I guess
    > OLN is going to have to pay a huge fine now... <g>

    They blurred out his butt crack on the rerun - how would you like to be
    the guy with THAT video editing job?

    --
    My bike blog:
    http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/