These Gloves Are Lifesavers For My Hands

Lawrencesmile

Sep 17, 2015
New York
www.amazon.com
I an starting to bike again after an accident 3 years ago. So it was very nice to get these gloves because even my hand have become so delicate that they easily become raw with any chafing. I would not have imagined how an accident could drag you body into such shambles. I live on a big hill and few years ago it would have been no problem for me to bike up that hill in a jiffy, but after all the sedentary lifestyle that comes with injuries that are unimaginably painful your body become a glob of dough and you feel like Sisyphus with his huge boulder if you pick up a pebble. The time has finally come where I can and I'm able to start turning that around. I was delighted to get the gloves, they are well padded and thick. I got them in XL, if you can see in the picture that I have rather large hands, so really these are for M/ML man's hands. These gloves feel very good on my hands and give me a lot of hand protection, especially if I fall because these gloves are especially well made and look like they can take a lot of beatings, at least they will from me while I keep falling. I'm not sure about that tube cotton cloth, I feel like I look like someone who is about to rob a bank but it may be a good thing to have if you are riding on a motorbike. I like to feel the wind in my face and smell the mature and trees I have around me in my vicinity.

That's so awesome you're getting back into cycling, it sounds like you're off to a great start!

I also went from being stuck in a sedentary rut to a more active lifestyle, although I never had to deal with any injuries, and I found it so hard to get started. The good thing was that it was easy to see how I was improving, since I struggled so much at the beginning. I actually had a certain hill that was a challenge to me as well, it was the only way to get to these trails we used to ride all the time, and at first I had to push my bike most of the way up. It was super motivating once I finally made it to the top without stopping.

I never thought to wear cycling gloves, but I ended up borrowing a pair on a cold day once and it actually made a big difference in my comfort while riding. I'm still working on building my strength and skill level, so any little thing helps :) Definitely saved my hands from getting scratched up a few times too.

This glove of yours is giving me an idea. Although my health problem is not the hands, the leg swelling may be needing a wrap. I remember my brother when he was playing basketaball, he had that garter wrapped around his leg and that's aside from the knee pad to protect his knees when he accidentallyh falls. It just occurred to me now that the garter can be of help to arrest the formation of the mouse on my leg muscle. Let me try and I will post an update.

I better start moving again and shed some unwanted extra pounds. I also had been a bit sedentary for the past few weeks because of some commitments. I forgot about keeping myself in shape especially now that I do not go out of the house often. This online thing is keeping me away from my bike. I am not using gloves at all but I do see the importance of having a pair as my hands too are getting a bit accustomed to doing the lighter stuff. I need to have a good grip