"They're putting things in our food ..."

MusicGroove2000

Guest
While channel surfing I recently came across yet another infomercial by
ex-con (check forgery, I believe) Kevin Trudeau (he began his tv infomerical
career selling a memory system). The new infomercial deals with his new book
about cures which the government (he's had run-ins with the US Government's
Food and Drug Administration) is supposedly keeping from the American people.

Normally I wouldn't give Trudeau two seconds of my time but in his new
infomerical he mentioned something which intrigues me and which I've heard
alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and manufacturers are adding
(knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which themselves may largely
account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA. Unfortunately, in the
infomercial Trudeau doesn't specify what these substances are, but they're
supposedly enough to make those who consume foods which contain them become
"addicted" to the foods.

Is anyone here familiar with this allegation? Believe it? If so, what ARE
these substances which supposedly are making US food be avoided by people in
foreign countries? Growth hormones? Chemicals? What?

"MusicGroove2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> While channel surfing I recently came across yet another

infomercial by
> ex-con (check forgery, I believe) Kevin Trudeau (he began

his tv infomerical
> career selling a memory system). The new infomercial deals

with his new book
> about cures which the government (he's had run-ins with the

US Government's
> Food and Drug Administration) is supposedly keeping from the

American people.

> Normally I wouldn't give Trudeau two seconds of my time

but in his new
> infomerical he mentioned something which intrigues me and

which I've heard
> alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and

manufacturers are adding
> (knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which

themselves may largely
> account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA.

Unfortunately, in the
> infomercial Trudeau doesn't specify what these substances

are, but they're
> supposedly enough to make those who consume foods which

contain them become
> "addicted" to the foods.
>
> Is anyone here familiar with this allegation? Believe it?

If so, what ARE
> these substances which supposedly are making US food be

avoided by people in
> foreign countries? Growth hormones? Chemicals? What?

It seems that in many cases a person becomes adicted to
whatever he or she eats...especially if it requires the body
to adapt to handle it...like sugar or salt or coffee or super
refined carbohydrates.

Once the body has adapted...it now craves the food.

The cigarette companies have been doing this knowingly for a
long time.. its no secret. The food companies would be doing
this by accident in most cases...just because a person adapts
to the food, then subsequently craves it... and maybe they do
it on purpose in spots.. the fast food people have done some
things the grease they fry things in to make the food taste
better... and different... that would create cravings it
seems.

Its probably not sinister to any great degree... but it is no
doubt the cause of much obesity and health issues in the US.

Phil Scott

>alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and manufacturers are adding
>(knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which themselves may
>largely
>account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA

Does he then try to sell you something? Bingo! You found your answer

I don't believe your infomercial scammer knows what they are, but my bet is
that industry has carefully identified ingredients that increase consumption
of their food products. I imagine McDonalds has quite a program. It may
help explain the 50 or 100 ingredients that typify "frankenfoods."

"MusicGroove2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> While channel surfing I recently came across yet another infomercial by
> ex-con (check forgery, I believe) Kevin Trudeau (he began his tv

infomerical
> career selling a memory system). The new infomercial deals with his new

book
> about cures which the government (he's had run-ins with the US

Government's
> Food and Drug Administration) is supposedly keeping from the American

people.

> Normally I wouldn't give Trudeau two seconds of my time but in his new
> infomerical he mentioned something which intrigues me and which I've heard
> alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and manufacturers are

adding
> (knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which themselves may

largely
> account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA. Unfortunately, in

the
> infomercial Trudeau doesn't specify what these substances are, but they're
> supposedly enough to make those who consume foods which contain them

become
> "addicted" to the foods.
>
> Is anyone here familiar with this allegation? Believe it? If so, what

ARE
> these substances which supposedly are making US food be avoided by people

in
> foreign countries? Growth hormones? Chemicals? What?

"ChuckMSRD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and

manufacturers are adding
> >(knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which

themselves may
> >largely
> >account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA

> Does he then try to sell you something? Bingo! You found

your answer

No chuckie... everyone that sells you something is not a
bad person...

Iron Fortification in the Americas

Nutrition Reviews 1 July 2002, vol. 60, no. Supplement 1, pp. 22-25(4)

Hertrampf E.

Abstract:
Food fortification is an important complement to food-based approaches
to satisfy the nutritional needs of people in developing as well as
developed countries. The Pan American Health Organization identified
iron fortification of foods as one of the strategies for the control of
iron deficiency in the Americas. Currently, iron fortification of foods
is widely implemented in Central and South America. Wheat and maize,
which are staple foods in the region, are considered vehicles for
universal fortification. The addition of micronutrients to wheat flour
was first introduced in the United States in the 1940s. In Latin
America, Chile started with the fortification of wheat flour in the
early 1950s. During the 1960s, legislation regarding the addition of
iron and B vitamins similar to U.S. levels was proposed in a number of
Latin American countries; as a consequence some millers began to
fortify on a voluntary basis. Since the 1990s, however, all countries
in the region, except Argentina and Uruguay, introduced mandatory wheat
flour fortification. Gradually wheat flour fortification has been
implemented in the majority of Central America, South America, and the
Caribbean countries. Venezuela started a national fortification program
using precooked maize flour. Active efforts are under way to overcome
the technical limitations of fortifying nixtamalized (i.e., added)
maize flours commonly consumed in Mexico and Central America. Corn
flour has potent inhibitors of iron absorption, mainly phytic acid
(~550 mg/100 g), and the nixtamalization process adds calcium as a
carryover after boiling the corn with quicklime-calcium hydroxide.
There are also national and regional intervention programs, with high
coverage of the population, that include delivery of targeted
iron-fortified foods such as infant complementary foods, milk-based
fortified drinks, cereal-based fortified drinks, and biscuits, among
others. The majority of these programs are still aimed at preventing
malnutrition in vulnerable groups; nevertheless, all of them include
fortification with a vitamin-mineral premix that contains iron. In
addition, commercially iron-fortified processed foods are available in
the region. In this article, the main features of current iron
fortification practices in Latin America will be revisited.
Document Type: Research article ISSN: 0029-6643

Who loves ya.
Tom

MusicGroove2000 wrote:
> While channel surfing I recently came across yet another infomercial by
> ex-con (check forgery, I believe) Kevin Trudeau (he began his tv infomerical
> career selling a memory system). The new infomercial deals with his new book
> about cures which the government (he's had run-ins with the US Government's
> Food and Drug Administration) is supposedly keeping from the American people.
>
> Normally I wouldn't give Trudeau two seconds of my time but in his new
> infomerical he mentioned something which intrigues me and which I've heard
> alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and manufacturers are adding
> (knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which themselves may largely
> account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA. Unfortunately, in the
> infomercial Trudeau doesn't specify what these substances are, but they're
> supposedly enough to make those who consume foods which contain them become
> "addicted" to the foods.
>
> Is anyone here familiar with this allegation? Believe it? If so, what ARE
> these substances which supposedly are making US food be avoided by people in
> foreign countries? Growth hormones? Chemicals? What?

It's no secret. They're putting MSG in everything, often under different
names. Even spraying crops with it. Enjoy

Proof MSG Causes Obesity In Experimental Studies
http://www.spofamerica.com/.
5-29-4

The data is in and it is staggering: Scientists have been using the
common food additive Monosodium Glutamate to create fat rats and mice to
experiment on.
<snip>

John Erb, author of the book The Slow Poisoning of America believes that
MSG is the food industry's equivalent to Nicotine. "Studies have shown
that people who eat food laced with MSG eat more of it, and faster than
food that does not have this additive.

<snip>

"When ingested by human test subjects MSG directly affects the Pancreas
stimulating it to triple its standard output of insulin output. This
unnatural amount of insulin finds the sugar in the blood and converts it
to fat.

What's Wrong with Spraying Processed Free
Glutamic Acid (MSG) on Growing Crops?

http://www.msgfacts.net/msgsprayed-3.htm

Yes, all of them. GMO, you name it, all in the name of profit.

The sad thing is, people don't do anything to stop these companies
because Americans don't care about their health and are victims of
their own ignorance.

Try to tell someone about natural remedies and living healthy, then
people will fight you. People WANT to be sick, fat, and addicted to
fatty foods. I see it ALL THE TIME.

The point is, people are too stupid to realize they are eating junk. It
took a year for me to realize this, but people are idiots and it
doesn't surprise me when someone gets a disease. And I don't feel sorry
for them.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but enough is enough!

"You have noticed .. Argentina is NOW .. supplementing iron in their
foods ..

Eh ..

A few bombs .. and big guns .. and .. voila ..
"

Low iron is the world's number one nutrition problem, especially in those
areas where the diet is heavly vegatarian as a result of poverty or
cultural practice. It causes a multitude of problems especially in
children and women. Are you suggesting eating the bombs and guns for
their iron content to help the problem?

You have noticed .. Argentina is NOW .. supplementing iron in their
foods ..

Eh ..

A few bombs .. and big guns .. and .. voila ..

Who loves ya.
Tom

Thursday, 12 August 2004 16:18
London Evening Standard · www.thisislondon.com
NEW HEALTH ROW OVER EXTRAS ADDED TO CEREALS
A major debate over the safety of breakfast cereals was ignited today
after a health scare over added ingredients.

It came following a ban on sales by Kellogg's in Denmark of a string of
bestselling products - including Rice Krispies, Cornflakes and Special
K - amid concern over the quantity of added vitamins and minerals.

Danish food watchdogs say the products contain so much vitamin B6, B12,
folic acid, iron and calcium that consumers could "overdose".
Who loves ya.
Tom

Thursday, 12 August 2004 16:18
London Evening Standard · www.thisislondon.com
NEW HEALTH ROW OVER EXTRAS ADDED TO CEREALS
A major debate over the safety of breakfast cereals was ignited today
after a health scare over added ingredients.

It came following a ban on sales by Kellogg's in Denmark of a string of
bestselling products - including Rice Krispies, Cornflakes and Special
K - amid concern over the quantity of added vitamins and minerals.

Danish food watchdogs say the products contain so much vitamin B6, B12,
folic acid, iron and calcium that consumers could "overdose".
Who loves ya.
Tom

"No what I .. AM .. saying is .. you would have made a great Tuskeegee
... participant .."

A fine school with a long honorable tradition, it isn't mine however.
The unfortunate experiments that were done are in some other nearby
countries ongoing natural experiments, with predictable outcomes.
Intresting too is that particular disease and low iron can both cause hair
loss, hmm.

"No what I .. AM .. saying is .. you would have made a great Tuskeegee
... participant .."

A fine school with a long honorable tradition, it isn't mine however.
The unfortunate experiments that were done are in some other nearby
countries ongoing natural experiments, with predictable outcomes.
Intresting too is that particular disease and low iron can both cause hair
loss, hmm.

I think he was referring to the experiment where Blacks were denied
treatment for syphilis, as a medical experiment.

On 04 Jan 2005 00:35:29 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>Low iron is the world's number one nutrition problem, especially in those
>areas where the diet is heavly vegatarian as a result of poverty or

Eh. Ironjustice believes that even picograms of iron indiet will kill
you. (We all die, ironjustice thinks it is because diet is not 100.0%
free of iron)

On 4 Jan 2005 08:53:49 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>Danish food watchdogs say the products contain so much vitamin B6, B12,
>folic acid, iron and calcium that consumers could "overdose".

The average of iron in diet in Denmark is far above that in Argentina,
so you are using arguments on overdosing as argument against giving
iron to people where almost all (except those being billionaires who
buy all there food elsewhere) has iron deficiency anemia.

Shame on you.

Or do you really think that even an average of less than 1 mg iron
daily is iron overdosing? Giving you haemochromatosis problems?
Seems like that.

You've been around long enough to know WHAT .. I .. am saying ..

So you are either .. stupid .. or .. attempting to make like I say
things which I haven't .. said ..

So either way .. you shouldn't BE .. here ..

This is a medical ng ..

M-E-D-I-C-A-L

Understand .. ?

Now .. fo .. somewhere .. wherever stupid people .. go ..

Or wherever the .. likes .. of people like you .. go ..

Who loves ya.
Tom
Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com
Man Is A Herbivore!