Things a real cyclist will never say!

jhuskey said:
Bats? Lets leave my ex out of this.

Ok ,heres another one.
I always pull over, stop and let cars go by me.
i once kept a guy in an SUV (land rover) behind me on a single track road for over 3 miles...he kept trying to over take and was beeping me....i trundled along doing 15 mph....

you have got to get your kicks in life somehow, no matter how pathetic...

"oh sorry mate, i didnt realise you were behind me..."

MountainPro said:
i once kept a guy in an SUV (land rover) behind me on a single track road for over 3 miles...he kept trying to over take and was beeping me....i trundled along doing 15 mph....

ROFL.

A man after my own heart!! :D

You cant cycle in the rain!

How many times have my friends and family said I am mad for cycling in the rain as if I am going to dissolve or something!

MountainPro said:

lol

Yes, it is quite good when you can get one over on the car users of the world!

Funny, I was thinking along those lines today when I thought a bike user would never say ... "You know, isn't it great how other road users are so considerate to us cyclists ... "

MountainPro said:
thats a good one...i like it.
Ha, ha! If that's you in that pic, I don't think you'll have any bother with your hairdo and "helmet hair"! ;)

" I am getting those cool back pedal brakes fitted on my Trek Madone"

"Those thin tires look too hard to balance on"

"Whenever I stop uphill I walk to the top since I might not clip in on take-off and fall over"

"The TDF is on too late and I have to get my beauty sleep so I'll just get the DVD when it appears on special in my local pawn shop"

"I don't drink coffee"

:rolleyes:

LindaNo1 said:
Ha, ha! If that's you in that pic, I don't think you'll have any bother with your hairdo and "helmet hair"! ;)

Things a real cyclist would never say? see above ----- cause I hope you are joking and you really do recognize Marco Pantani (Mt. Pro's avatar)

TrekDedicated said:
First of all, it's quiero.

Second of all, Taco Bell is a must!!!! Bean burritos, taco supremes!!

I miss the Chihuahua, wherever it may be, but Taco Bell is continually wrapping their Tacos and Burriotos tighter and tighter until all that is left is going to be remaining,is air.
Good tasting air,but air nonetheless. I am cheated again.
Now back the thread subject.

I am as good as I am going to get at cycling so I might as well just sit back and coast all I can.

Eden said:
Things a real cyclist would never say? see above ----- cause I hope you are joking and you really do recognize Marco Pantani (Mt. Pro's avatar)
No, did not recognise him. I am not really a racing cycling buff you see. I know what Lance Armstrong looks like, and Mario Chipo-Lata. That's about it. I watch The Tour, but can't remember most of their names from one day to the next!

I don't do racing myself and all that! I just cycle for pleasure and my own fitness. Is that a crime?

Okay?? ;)

LindaNo1 said:
No, did not recognise him. I am not really a racing cycling buff you see. I know what Lance Armstrong looks like, and Mario Chipo-Lata. That's about it. I watch The Tour, but can't remember most of their names from one day to the next!

I don't do racing myself and all that! I just cycle for pleasure and my own fitness. Is that a crime?

Okay?? ;)

Chipo-Lata ????

jhuskey said:
Chipo-Lata ????
Gordon-Bennet! You lot are SOOO pedantic. I know it's Chip-endale, or is it Chip-perfield or perhaps just plain, Chip-s'n'fish. :D

*Monty Python voice*

Gentlemen...I wish to draw your attention to the fact that I intend launching an attack on the next hill...Okay...got that...jolly good. :D

F%#* the tour de France I wanna watch the cricket.

Bikelux said:
*Monty Python voice*

Gentlemen...I wish to draw your attention to the fact that I intend launching an attack on the next hill...Okay...got that...jolly good. :D

F%#* the tour de France I wanna watch the cricket.
Volta da Australia is for real men. France is too small.

TrekDedicated said:
First of all, it's quiero.

Second of all, Taco Bell is a must!!!! Bean burritos, taco supremes!!
Well! Pardon my French, even though it was... spanish.

Anyways.. don't know if someone said it, BUT...

"Do those Treks come in any other colour or fade?"

"Good morning" (accompanied by a wave or nod)
"Good afternoon" (accompanied by a wave or nod)