things are going good

Yep!
"Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that he said his daughter tried
> them in toronto i think. they are fried instead of baked aren't they???? angie "LIMEYNO1"
> > It's an American Doughnut company. They are trying to break in to the Canadian Market. I know
> > there is one in Mississauga.
> >
> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > i have never heard of those we don't slee them in the store that i
work
> at
> > > angie "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > coffee.
> > UK
> and

> > > doughnut

> > biscuits

> > > attitude!!!

> > message
> > most
> be
> > go
> > lose
> > > going
> there
> > > as
> stomach
> > Christmas
> We
reasons
> > > why.
> > one

and very dangerous if you like these sorts of foods. I don't even like this
type of food and will eat and enjoy them when they are warm, one of the neat
things about their stores is you se them come out and get frosted when they
are cooking, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
very light
> ... and very good.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that
he
> >said his daughter tried them in toronto i think. they are fried instead
of
> >baked aren't they???? angie "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> It's an American Doughnut company. They are trying to break in to the Canadian Market. I know
> >> there is one in Mississauga.
> >>
> >> "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >at

> >> coffee.
> >> UK
> >and

> >> biscuits

> >> message
> >> most
> >be
> >> go
> >> lose
> >there
> >stomach
> >> Christmas
> >We
reasons
> >> one

No, Krispy Kreme's (at least the original glazed) are fried, not baked.

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
very light
> ... and very good.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that
he
> >said his daughter tried them in toronto i think. they are fried instead
of
> >baked aren't they???? angie "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> It's an American Doughnut company. They are trying to break in to the Canadian Market. I know
> >> there is one in Mississauga.
> >>
> >> "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >at

> >> coffee.
> >> UK
> >and

> >> biscuits

> >> message
> >> most
> >be
> >> go
> >> lose
> >there
> >stomach
> >> Christmas
> >We
reasons
> >> one

The ones in my area are fried. You can watch them as the machine deposits the dough on to the risers
and watch as the dough rises then flops into the hot oil, then flipped over to have the other side
fried, then down the line for the fat to drip off and then icing/glaze to be poured over the top
onto the next rack to continue cooling, this is the point that they are served or packed into boxes.
They are great warm off the line and if you go into the store and watch them being made they will
hand you a whole full sized one as a free sample. I don't care for them once they have cooled
completely, they become just another donut at that point, but hot off the line is wonderful.

There is a Krispy Kreme a block from my office and drive past it daily, but rarely stops for donuts.
I think it has been open there for over a year now, and I think I may have stopped a total of 4
times to get a donut, and most times will only buy one. I know I have never stepped foot in the
place, but they have a drive up window, so that is the only way that I have had them there. Most
times the smell of the oil turns my stomach and I want nothing to do with them.

Debbie

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
very light
> ... and very good.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that
he
> >said his daughter tried them in toronto i think. they are fried instead
of
> >baked aren't they???? angie "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> It's an American Doughnut company. They are trying to break in to the Canadian Market. I know
> >> there is one in Mississauga.
> >>
> >> "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >at

> >> coffee.
> >> UK
> >and

> >> biscuits

> >> message
> >> most
> >be
> >> go
> >> lose
> >there
> >stomach
> >> Christmas
> >We
reasons
> >> one

We take the ones that are their trademark and heat them in the microwave for about 8 seconds. Not
exactly the same as just off the line but close. We've found we like the other donuts they have as
much so we don't get just the "plain" ones!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Deb in Northern California" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:lsadndXMh7QHo2eiRVn-
[email protected]...
> [...]
have
> had them there. Most times the smell of the oil turns my stomach and I want nothing to do
> with them.
>
> Debbie
>
> "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
> very light
> > ... and very good.
> >
> > Joyce
> >
> > On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
> <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that
> he
> > >said his daughter tried them in toronto i think. they are fried instead
> of
> > >baked aren't they???? angie "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message

When they first opened the one near us, they constantly walked through the drive up lines with
freshly made donuts stacked on poles ... handed them out as samples. It was an easy way to get you
hooked. But you are right, there is no comparison between the fresh warm ones, and ones that have
been sitting around for even an hour.

Joyce

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:31:28 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>and very dangerous if you like these sorts of foods. I don't even like this type of food and will
>eat and enjoy them when they are warm, one of the neat things about their stores is you se them
>come out and get frosted when they are cooking, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
>very light
>> ... and very good.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that
>he
>> >said his daughter tried them in toronto i think. they are fried instead
>of
>> >baked aren't they???? angie "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>work
>> >at

>the
>> >and

>longest
>65,000

>drank
>will
>> >be
>also
>can't
>isn't
>> >there
>> >stomach
>celebrate.
>> >We
>reasons
>years
>then

Yup, I stand corrected! I don't know why I recalled them as being baked. I looked at the nutritional
info on their website ... 200cal/12g fat - not great, but probably not as bad as some others. I
still think they are much better than other places, but I like the lighter textured donuts.

I will say though, I haven't had a single one in the past 2 years. Can't even say I miss them. <g>

Joyce

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:34:36 GMT, "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote:

>No, Krispy Kreme's (at least the original glazed) are fried, not baked.
>
>--
>Janice
>263/252/150 (maybe 130)
>

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
>very light
>> ... and very good.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >actually now that you mentio that one of my cusomers told me about that
>he
>> >said his daughter tried them in toronto i think. they are fried instead
>of
>> >baked aren't they???? angie

they did this at one we were at, now you have to go inside to get the free
one, but the good news is that since I have no problem with this kind of
food I delight in going in with DH ordering a coffee and refusing the free
one, cracks me up at some of the peoples reactions, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When they first opened the one near us, they constantly walked through the
drive
> up lines with freshly made donuts stacked on poles ... handed them out as
samples.
> It was an easy way to get you hooked. But you are right, there is no
comparison
> between the fresh warm ones, and ones that have been sitting around for
even an
> hour.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:31:28 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >and very dangerous if you like these sorts of foods. I don't even like
this
> >type of food and will eat and enjoy them when they are warm, one of the
neat
> >things about their stores is you se them come out and get frosted when
they
> >are cooking, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I believe Krispie Kreme's are baked, not fried. They are very soft and
> >very light
> >> ... and very good.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:17:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
> ><[email protected]>

> >he
> >of

> >work