Things I have put in the washing machine this week.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Har-VEE, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Har-VEE

    Har-VEE Guest

    Laundry machine ( une machine a laver):

    3 feet of that Gucci-type synthetic cork handlebar wrap. If I didn't have
    such an unreasonable fear of homosexuals I would describe the results as
    "pert" or perhaps even "fabulous." Since I do have the affore mentioned
    fear I will mearly state the results as "very good." I was going to throw
    this crap away, now I will have to use it on something.

    A strip of that "Velox" rim tape. I soaked it down with some Meg-A-Low Mart
    degreaser and wiped the adheasive off of it first and then washed it. It
    came out just jiffy. After stripping it of the glue and washing it I would
    like to state that it consists of a VERY complex two-part system.... cloth
    tape and glue.

    Dishwasher (Un lave-vaisselle):

    Aluminum fork, chain, headset cups/bearings, handlebar and stem.
    The results were mixed. The bike parts were clean with a fresh lemon scent
    but my plates were dull and somewhat greasy.

    Harvester - Ameritard at Large

    Tags:

  2. Leo Lichtman

    Leo Lichtman Guest

    "Har-VEE" wrote: (clip) The bike parts were clean with a fresh lemon scent
    but my plates were dull and somewhat greasy.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Try adding a little denture cleaner.

  3. Weisse Luft

    Weisse Luft New Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2004
    Messages:
    1,306
    Leave the heat off on the dishwasher. Most automatic dishwashing detergents contain sodium carbonate. Under high heat, it can damage alumnium. Also, aluminum and carbon joints suffer under repeated exposure to any ionic solutions. The telltale sign of trouble is a white residue.

  4. Har-VEE wrote in message ...

    >A strip of that "Velox" rim tape. I soaked it down with some Meg-A-Low

    Mart
    >degreaser and wiped the adheasive off of it first and then washed it. It
    >came out just jiffy. After stripping it of the glue and washing it I would
    >like to state that it consists of a VERY complex two-part system.... cloth
    >tape and glue.

    Is it linen tape?
    TJ

  5. Har-VEE

    Har-VEE Guest

    > Is it linen tape?
    > TJ

    That was my original bet..... It is a synthetic.

  6. Har-VEE wrote:

    > Laundry machine ( une machine a laver):
    >
    > 3 feet of that Gucci-type synthetic cork handlebar wrap. If I didn't have
    > such an unreasonable fear of homosexuals I would describe the results as
    > "pert" or perhaps even "fabulous." Since I do have the affore mentioned
    > fear I will mearly state the results as "very good." I was going to throw
    > this crap away, now I will have to use it on something.
    >
    > A strip of that "Velox" rim tape. I soaked it down with some Meg-A-Low Mart
    > degreaser and wiped the adheasive off of it first and then washed it. It
    > came out just jiffy. After stripping it of the glue and washing it I would
    > like to state that it consists of a VERY complex two-part system.... cloth
    > tape and glue.
    >
    > Dishwasher (Un lave-vaisselle):
    >
    > Aluminum fork, chain, headset cups/bearings, handlebar and stem.
    > The results were mixed. The bike parts were clean with a fresh lemon scent
    > but my plates were dull and somewhat greasy.

    You haven't even done shoes yet?