Things left on hills.

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Rj Webb, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Rj Webb

    Rj Webb Guest

    Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale). There is a mast, probably police up there about
    1km short of the summit. NY561915

    The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card, as nobody was in :) asking
    for a meter reading.

    Any polis reading - especially Lothian and Borders - get up there and read your meter!

    And one other thing - I see the current 1:50 000 map shows a path to the summit.. No there is
    not - just tussocks bog and roughness.- plenty of intermittant sheep trods to soften the going,
    but no path!

    Richard Webb

    Tags:

  2. Chris Street

    Chris Street Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:07:27 GMT, [email protected] (RJ
    Webb) wrote:

    >Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale). There is a mast, probably police up there about
    >1km short of the summit. NY561915
    >
    >The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card, as nobody was in :) asking
    >for a meter reading.

    Please tell me you took a photo. The local paper would probably just love that to stick in the "Now
    for something completely different" section.

    --
    79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other 42% are made up later on. In Warwick -
    looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

  3. "RJ Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale).

    From the B6357/Dinlabyre side?

    --

    Bernie Get back on the wagon to reply..

  4. Mb

    Mb Guest

    Chris Street wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:07:27 GMT, [email protected] (RJ Webb) wrote:
    >

    >>Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale). There is a mast, probably police up there about
    >>1km short of the summit. NY561915
    >>
    >>The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card, as nobody was in :) asking
    >>for a meter reading.

    Not unusual, quite often found envelopes notifying of interruptions in supply at similar sites -
    usually been there for many months as they might only get visited once a year and several envelopes
    for different site users.

  5. Richard Webb

    Richard Webb Guest

    > From the B6357/Dinlabyre side?

    Yes.. Still Sitka Hell. What a relief to pop out onto the moor.

    Good track as far as the mast - worth doing this on a bike. Rough from the mast to the trig.

    Richard Webb

  6. Rj Webb

    Rj Webb Guest

    >>The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card,
    >>as nobody was in :) asking for a meter reading.
    >
    >Please tell me you took a photo. The local paper would probably just love that to stick in the "Now
    >for something completely different" section.

    Yes I did....

    http://www.crux.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/balbum/Scotland/28b/Larriston.html

    I should have filled it in and posted it, but as I now contribute to the upkeep of Lothian and
    Borders' finest, that may have been expensive.

    Richard Webb

  7. "Richard Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > From the B6357/Dinlabyre side?
    >
    > Yes.. Still Sitka Hell. What a relief to pop out onto the moor.
    >
    > Good track as far as the mast - worth doing this on a bike. Rough from the mast to the trig.

    I don't have a bike unfortunately. Nowhere to keep it in my flat, three flights up. One day...

    --

    Bernie Get back on the wagon to reply..