Things left on hills.

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Rj Webb, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Rj Webb

Rj Webb Guest

Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale). There is a mast, probably police up there about
    1km short of the summit. NY561915

The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card, as nobody was in :) asking
    for a meter reading.

Any polis reading - especially Lothian and Borders - get up there and read your meter!

And one other thing - I see the current 1:50 000 map shows a path to the summit.. No there is
    not - just tussocks bog and roughness.- plenty of intermittant sheep trods to soften the going,
    but no path!

Richard Webb

Tags:

2. Chris Street

Chris Street Guest

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:07:27 GMT, [email protected] (RJ
    Webb) wrote:

>Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale). There is a mast, probably police up there about
    >1km short of the summit. NY561915
    >
    >The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card, as nobody was in :) asking
    >for a meter reading.

Please tell me you took a photo. The local paper would probably just love that to stick in the "Now
    for something completely different" section.

>
    >Any polis reading - especially Lothian and Borders - get up there and read your meter!
    >
    >And one other thing - I see the current 1:50 000 map shows a path to the summit.. No there is
    >not - just tussocks bog and roughness.- plenty of intermittant sheep trods to soften the going,
    >but no path!
    >
    >Richard Webb

--
    79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other 42% are made up later on. In Warwick -
    looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

3. "RJ Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale).

From the B6357/Dinlabyre side?

--

Bernie Get back on the wagon to reply..

4. Mb

Mb Guest

Chris Street wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:07:27 GMT, [email protected] (RJ Webb) wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Was up on Larriston Fells yesterday(Liddlesdale). There is a mast, probably police up there about
    >>1km short of the summit. NY561915
    >>
    >>The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card, as nobody was in :) asking
    >>for a meter reading.
    >

Not unusual, quite often found envelopes notifying of interruptions in supply at similar sites -
    usually been there for many months as they might only get visited once a year and several envelopes
    for different site users.

5. Richard Webb

Richard Webb Guest

> From the B6357/Dinlabyre side?

Yes.. Still Sitka Hell. What a relief to pop out onto the moor.

Good track as far as the mast - worth doing this on a bike. Rough from the mast to the trig.

Richard Webb

6. Rj Webb

Rj Webb Guest

>>The electricity board had called on the previous Monday, left a card,
    >>as nobody was in :) asking for a meter reading.
    >
    >Please tell me you took a photo. The local paper would probably just love that to stick in the "Now
    >for something completely different" section.

Yes I did....

http://www.crux.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/balbum/Scotland/28b/Larriston.html

I should have filled it in and posted it, but as I now contribute to the upkeep of Lothian and
    Borders' finest, that may have been expensive.

Richard Webb

7. "Richard Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > From the B6357/Dinlabyre side?
    >
    > Yes.. Still Sitka Hell. What a relief to pop out onto the moor.
    >
    > Good track as far as the mast - worth doing this on a bike. Rough from the mast to the trig.

I don't have a bike unfortunately. Nowhere to keep it in my flat, three flights up. One day...

--

Bernie Get back on the wagon to reply..