Things not to forget when cooking

Curly Sue

Guest
- when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
the hot water for the soup.

- when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before pouring
on the pancake batter.

I've been distracted this week!

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:41:39 GMT, Curly Sue wrote:

> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
> the hot water for the soup.
>
> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
> pouring on the pancake batter.
>
> I've been distracted this week!

Take the plastic *off* the frozen pizza.

-Jeff B. (who messed that one up during a bout with insomnia
once) yeff at erols dot com

Yeff <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:41:39 GMT, Curly Sue wrote:
>
>> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
>> the hot water for the soup.
>>
>> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
>> pouring on the pancake batter.
>>
>> I've been distracted this week!
>
> Take the plastic *off* the frozen pizza.
>
> -Jeff B. (who messed that one up during a bout with
> insomnia once) yeff at erols dot com

Pre heat the right oven.

--
StocksRus®

StocksRus® wrote:
> Yeff <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:41:39 GMT, Curly Sue wrote:
>>
>>> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You
>>> need the hot water for the soup.
>>>
>>> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
>>> pouring on the pancake batter.
>>>
>>> I've been distracted this week!
>>
>> Take the plastic *off* the frozen pizza.
>>
>> -Jeff B. (who messed that one up during a bout with
>> insomnia once) yeff at erols dot com
>>

> Pre heat the right oven.

Oh behalf of my Sis (she knows who she is) remove the
plastic from the canned ham prior to baking.

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> Oh behalf of my Sis (she knows who she is) remove the
> plastic from the canned ham prior to baking.

Hey! It was invisible! and why bother with the can and the
key if it's in plastic anyway!

nancy

Curly Sue wrote:

> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
> the hot water for the soup.
>
> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
> pouring on the pancake batter.
>
> I've been distracted this week!

When doing the laundry, put the coins in the same machine
the clothes went into. Imagine my surprise when I started to
unload the machine and all the clothes were dry.

(Why the heck is the coin slide for the adjacent machine so
close -- they could put it in the center or something.)

Nancy Young wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Oh behalf of my Sis (she knows who she is) remove the
>> plastic from the canned ham prior to baking.
>
> Hey! It was invisible! and why bother with the can and the
> key if it's in plastic anyway!
>
> nancy

True... the first time I took canned crab meat out of the
can I was like... hmm, this is funny. Didn't realize it was
paper. DUH (laugh)

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:41:39 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
Sue) wrote:

>- when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
> the hot water for the soup.

I don't make ramen into soup. I boil the noodles in plain
water adding (or not) emblishments, drain briefly, dump
into a bowl, sprinkle about half the 'seasoning' packet
over, and mix well.

Oh, and when you have a salad-spinner with drain holes
in the outside container, spin it in the sink, not on
the counter.

Don't forget to turn off the broccoli! Burnt broccoli is not
something you wanna mess with.

Best regards, Bob

[email protected] (Curly Sue) deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
> the hot water for the soup.
>
> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
> pouring on the pancake batter.
>
> I've been distracted this week!
>
> Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it
> myself!

One should not place the dirty laundry in the refrigerator
while pulling out eggs for breakfast.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob of said:

>Don't forget to turn off the broccoli! Burnt broccoli is
>not something you wanna mess with.

Don't put some cold soup on a hot plate for reheating, close
the kitchen-door and begin to read something interesting,
forget about the soup, and then go shopping. Once soup has
been reduced to coal, there's *nothing* you can do to save
the pot; plus it takes hours to get the ventilation, and the
entire kitchen, to stop smelling so badly.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18 ICQ#
251532856 Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-

MEow wrote:

> While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob
> of said:
>

>>Don't forget to turn off the broccoli! Burnt broccoli is
>>not something you wanna mess with.
>>

> Don't put some cold soup on a hot plate for reheating,
> close the kitchen-door and begin to read something
> interesting, forget about the soup, and then go
> shopping. Once soup has been reduced to coal, there's
> *nothing* you can do to save the pot; plus it takes
> hours to get the ventilation, and the entire kitchen, to
> stop smelling so badly.

If it's a stainless steel pot, lye and warm water will save
it. Don't ask me how I know.

-Bob

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> StocksRus® wrote:
>> Yeff <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Take the plastic *off* the frozen pizza.
>>>
>>> -Jeff B. (who messed that one up during a bout with
>>> insomnia once) yeff at erols dot com
>>>

>> Pre heat the right oven.
>
> Oh behalf of my Sis (she knows who she is) remove the
> plastic from the canned ham prior to baking.
>
> Jill

Some people forget the little baggies inside the poultry.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
nothing but food and water.

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Oh behalf of my Sis (she knows who she is) remove the
>>> plastic from the canned ham prior to baking.
>>
>> Hey! It was invisible! and why bother with the can and
>> the key if it's in plastic anyway!
>>
>> nancy
>
> True... the first time I took canned crab meat out of the
> can I was like... hmm, this is funny. Didn't realize it
> was paper. DUH (laugh)

LOL... Don't forget to turn on the outdoor grill. Yep, I
just couldn't figure out why nothing was cooking.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

MEow <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob
> of said:
>

>>Don't forget to turn off the broccoli! Burnt broccoli is
>>not something you wanna mess with.
>>
> Don't put some cold soup on a hot plate for reheating,
> close the kitchen-door and begin to read something
> interesting, forget about the soup, and then go
> shopping. Once soup has been reduced to coal, there's
> *nothing* you can do to save the pot; plus it takes
> hours to get the ventilation, and the entire kitchen, to
> stop smelling so badly.

Don't forget to take last night's dripping broiler pan out
of the oven before preheating it. I did this once and went
to take a shower. I was living at home and in high school.
Mom was way ****** about having to paint the kitchen and
replace the drapes. 2 weeks after the remodel she did the
same thing and burned the kitchen down. It wasn't all bad,
she got a new kitchen and never again was a broiler pan
left dirty.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Curly Sue) wrote:

> - when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
> the hot water for the soup.
>
> - when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
> pouring on the pancake batter.
>
> I've been distracted this week!
>
> Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it
> myself!

Use the proper tools. Don't use the two-prong cooking fork
as an awl or other device to hack away at a petrified powder
product. Picture is on my webpage. Let the record reflect
that I've thrown away the petrified caramel powder and have
purchased a brand new bottle of Kitchen Bouquet.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-5-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> MEow <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob
> > of said:
> >

> >>Don't forget to turn off the broccoli! Burnt broccoli is
> >>not something you wanna mess with.
> >>
> > Don't put some cold soup on a hot plate for reheating,
> > close the kitchen-door and begin to read something
> > interesting, forget about the soup, and then go
> > shopping. Once soup has been reduced to coal, there's
> > *nothing* you can do to save the pot; plus it takes
> > hours to get the ventilation, and the entire kitchen, to
> > stop smelling so badly.
>
> Don't forget to take last night's dripping broiler pan out
> of the oven before preheating it. I did this once and went
> to take a shower. I was living at home and in high school.
> Mom was way ****** about having to paint the kitchen and
> replace the drapes. 2 weeks after the remodel she did the
> same thing and burned the kitchen down. It wasn't all bad,
> she got a new kitchen and never again was a broiler pan
> left dirty.
>
> Michael

Can I borrow that pan?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-5-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> In article
> <[email protected]>, Dog3
> <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
>
>> MEow <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>> > While frolicking around in rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob of

>> > Don't put some cold soup on a hot plate for reheating,
>> > close the kitchen-door and begin to read something
>> > interesting, forget about the soup, and then go
>> > shopping. Once soup has been reduced to coal, there's
>> > *nothing* you can do to save the pot; plus it takes
>> > hours to get the ventilation, and the entire kitchen,
>> > to stop smelling so badly.
>>
>> Don't forget to take last night's dripping broiler pan
>> out of the oven before preheating it. I did this once and
>> went to take a shower. I was living at home and in high
>> school. Mom was way ****** about having to paint the
>> kitchen and replace the drapes. 2 weeks after the remodel
>> she did the same thing and burned the kitchen down. It
>> wasn't all bad, she got a new kitchen and never again was
>> a broiler pan left dirty.
>>
>> Michael
>

> Can I borrow that pan?

No. I'm about to use it in this house myself.

Michael <- *really* wants a new kitchen with 2 ovens
--

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Curly Sue) wrote:
>

>>- when making ramen, don't drain like spaghetti. You need
>> the hot water for the soup.
>>
>>- when making pancakes, put oil on the grill before
>> pouring on the pancake batter.
>>
>>I've been distracted this week!
>>
>>Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it
>>myself!

Never leave the kitchen, even for two minutes, with 4
shell steaks on the counter until you have the Siberian
Husky trained.

--
Steve

hahabogus wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> StocksRus® wrote:
>>> Yeff <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Pre heat the right oven.
>>
>> Oh behalf of my Sis (she knows who she is) remove the
>> plastic from the canned ham prior to baking.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Some people forget the little baggies inside the poultry.

Huh? Not me, never...(the paper ones don't really mess up
the chicken, but those plastic ones do)