Things that piss me off about some Christians...

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Darjevon, May 4, 2005.

1. Carrera

Carrera New Member

http://www.biblelight.net/hinn-toronto-catholic.htm
    Was Bush amongst the catholics?
    "On the This Is Your Day program taped on a Friday morning at the Air Canada Center, Toronto, Canada, and broadcast on Tuesday, July 30th, 2002, a Roman Catholic Priest was invited onto the stage and was slain in the "fire" of the Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn. :confused:

The priest, Father Carl Schmidt of the healing ministry of St. Patrick's, Toronto, was slain in the Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn and knocked incapacitated to the floor three times! A whole group of Catholics were then invited to the stage, slain in the Spirit and knocked to the floor, vibrating uncontrollably on their backs. You have to see this to believe it!"

2. crithater

crithater New Member

The Bible is the WORD of GOD.....If you believe then you believe every word.....My belief is not based on a popular best seller on the NY book list....Your buddy....Mike

3. zapper

zapper Banned

Why don't you put the training wheels back on?...

4. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

In my sect/cult we trace the demise of the true Christian faith to Constantine's interference in 325 AD when he merged the Christian faith with the Mithrian (sp?) pagan religion resulting in what is now know as the Catholic Church and everything has been down hill from there.

5. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

No, what scares me is leaving my wife and family behind. I do not wish that type of pain on anyone.
    For I have experiences what is like to lose a child and there is little comfort, no matter how strong your faith.
    If you can say that you also know what this is like first hand then we can discuss how well you handled it.
    If not you have no knowledge and only theories.
    It is still scary,do I worry about it? No I don't.

I just picked up the uniform of one of our employees that died Friday night of a heart attack. He was a nice guy but the Sun still came up Saturday.
    Tonight I will ride my usual ride on my bike and if I am alive will do another one in the morning and life goes on.
    Dying is easy.
    It's living that gets complicated.
    Sorry for the rambling.

6. LottomagicZ4941

LottomagicZ4941 New Member

hum which takes more faith to believe God created us or we just happened?

7. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

Since both sides beleive themselves to be 100% correct, the faith would be about equal.

8. Carrera

Carrera New Member

This question was covered well by Greek philosophers way before Christianity appeared on the scene. Let's bear in mind that not all non Christians are strictly atheists. But what Christians came to believe is in the idea of God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit. Most scholars believe that this specific creed had been borrowed from other belief systems later on around the time of Constantine.
    The idea of heaven and hell goes way back before Christianity under the title of Hades. In fact, during Roman gladiatorial games there was a man who entered the ring dressed as Pluto to help take the dead away to the infernal regions (or inferis).
    Christianity wasn't the only belief system. Pythagoras had his creed based on mathematics, number and reincarnation. Christianity was one of many religions and many Christians had different ideas over resurrection, hell and who Jesus was. But evangelists get round this by stating the Bible should be believed literally (even when not all accounts of the resurrection agree). And this is where my problem lies. If a creator gave someone brains, those brains were meant to be used and the Bible should be analysed and doubted if necessary (since men wrote it).
    Thousands of Moslems swore death and hell fire to Salmon Rushdie some years ago yet they never even read his book or gave him a chance. There wasn't even a debate!

9. Beastt

Beastt New Member

Why would you assume this is a two-sided issue? There are literally dozens of religions and dozens of Gods. You have at least as much chance of being wrong as anyone else. Even Pascal admitted that his wager, (which you're presenting here), was seriously flawed.

10. Beastt

Beastt New Member

When you start to understand the processes that lead to us, "just happening", and the evidence for such an occurrence, you begin to realize that it's not a process of faith. It's a process of evidence and understanding of natural processes. The beginning phases are being observed in laboratories under conditions set to mimick naturally occurring environments.

11. Fixey

Fixey New Member

The Bible is predominantly the word of Moses, a man, claiming it to be the word of God. Well dude, God spoke to me last night and Said "Though shalt tell the peoples of the world to send you a check for $10 dollars, made out to cash"

My adress to send said check is ........

12. crithater

crithater New Member

The new testament is the word of Moses...HMMMM that's a new one.....If I remember right Moses was long dead by Jesus's time.
    Don't write about things you know nothing about.....M