Things to do on your trainer

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Cycler6n, Feb 23, 2008.

1. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Yes they can. It's been done before but it takes a lot of effort and patience.

2. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Depends on where you live I think (during a Seattle winter, 4 out of 5 days its raining), but if your coaching schedule/program says 6 X 6 mins at zone 5 threshold with 2 minute recoveries for that day, and you look out the window and it's pouring down rain and a couple of degrees above freezing, then the trainer is useful. Otherwise it sucks compared to the road and changing scenes on a ride, of course.

3. Freehub

Freehub New Member

get a mirror and watch your legs, and form.
    I'm sick of my trainer. tomorrow is going to be almost 60 degrees around here.
    I'm thinking about going out for a real ride. However, the roads are still in pretty bad shape, with all the salt, grit, and new potholes.

4. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

This is the time of the year when the bike trails are your best bet. I drove past the trail a little south of Loveland and it is in good shape, a few wet spots but mostly dry from what I could see.

5. JSWin

JSWin Member

Yeah this can happen. You've got it down. Maybe watch a video that is scenic and pretend.