Things which never happen

>Somebody pointed this out somewhere else :
>
>http://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources/Physics/Speed/road/redlt2.html
>
>cheers,
>clive

Obviously a fraud sone on Paint Shop, as everyone knows cyclists don't stop at
red lights! Duh!

Indeed, only yesterday when I was in pedestrian mode in Dereham, I was waiting
to cross the road at a light-controlled crossing and when the traffic light
went red, two cyclists ignored the red light. Indeed they must have been
cyclists even though they were in cars, as we all know, real motorists never
jump red lights, only cyclists, as the denizens of Tosspot World often remind
us ;-)

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

On 15 Dec 2004 18:04:55 GMT someone who may be
[email protected]omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote
this:-

>Indeed, only yesterday when I was in pedestrian mode in Dereham, I was waiting
>to cross the road at a light-controlled crossing and when the traffic light
>went red, two cyclists ignored the red light. Indeed they must have been
>cyclists even though they were in cars, as we all know, real motorists never
>jump red lights, only cyclists, as the denizens of Tosspot World often remind
>us ;-)

Agreed. On uk.railway we recently discussed a report in "The
Scotsman" regarding people ignoring the flashing red lights at
road/rail level crossings. I would give the link, but the on-line
version does not have the same photographs as the printed one did.

One set of photographs shows the motorist ignoring the flashing red
lights at a level crossing, with the result that diagonal slice is
taken out of the bonnet of her car. A second or two earlier and Mr
Darwin would have taken action.

Another photograph shows a motorist in a wankmobile. They have
overtaken at least one motorist waiting at the stop line and,
ignoring minor details like the flashing red lights and fully
lowered half-barriers, are about to drive onto the crossing. Trains
pass over the particular crossing at 100mph and the barriers are
down for about 15 seconds before the fastest train passes.

In another publication there is a photograph of the driver of a
school bus doing much the same thing, though the bus is empty.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:55:43 -0000, "Clive George"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Somebody pointed this out somewhere else :
>
>http://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources/Physics/Speed/road/redlt2.html

A tad OT

Hi Clive

In one of more sleepless nights/early mornings recently, I was
watching one of those American police car chase, speed, crash
programmes. A police helicopter was filming this particular chase and
captured the fatal ending to the chase.

The car trying to escape was moving at 90+mph and sped through a red
light at a cross-road. At the same time an 18-wheeler, travelling at
40+mph and driving quite legally, drove though his green light.

The inevitable happened and the truck ploughed into the car, crushing
it. Crushing is really too weak a work: the car exploded in impact.

It certainly made me wake up even more. What had been to me a slightly
amusing programme, albeit a rather tacky one, changed into a somewhat
voyeuristic scene of a man's death.

James