Think anyone not on drugs can beat someone on drugs in 3-week race? Read this

For what it is worth:

I was told by a teammate of a Nike icon----that modern sport is a life sciences research platform for the drug industry.

No clinical fees, legal liabilities, filings or restraints.

Just pure science on humans free from morals, ethics or guilt trips. How else can you explain cow blood allegations (Hemopure) inside a Sidi shoe box????

Unlike animal research (mice, dogs, lemon beagles, rabbits) these human athletes volunteer for free drugs and testing.

Creeps like Conconi, Ferrari, Santuccione, Lazzaro & Cecchini must have many scientists pimping new drugs for their athlete clients

Klodifan said:
Thanks for the synopsis, donrhummy :) that explains puerto contador looking so energized and refreshed after his stage win :p

fscyclist: LOLOLOLOL :D :D :D
I remember seeing some video footage of the USP team in their hotel rooms after a 100+ mile stage in the middle of the Tour and these guys were bouncing off the walls. Hamilton was pushing someone so he could flex his biceps for the camera.

donrhummy said:
Everyone here HAS to read this article:

http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html

It is the most honest, informative doping article ever written. Outside Magazine's Stuart Stevens went to a doctor and actually doped himself for the Paris-Brest-Paris race. He reports on how each drug helped or did not help him. It's amazing.
Always keep in mind that not everyone responds the same to the different drugs. Some guys take mind boggling doses of drugs and get little gain. Others make spectacular gains. In the end, if you dont have good genetics, rest, diet, and proper training you will not reach your full potential. Once again, I think all the contenders have taken something. Much like us, the clean riders are likely watching the tour on versus.

cheapie said:
is hgh bad for you or illegal?
Google it. It's expensive but available on the internet. Side effects are pretty minimal and the benefits stay after the HGH has gone. I've never used it.

Dollar for dollar, the cadilac of "performance enhancers" for the general population of weekend warriors is testosterone. It contributes in increasing HGH production.

Check the doping forum. By day's end I'll post a "how to" for testosterone use. Of course, I've never used it before and all the information is for entertainment purposes only.

It is nice being able to come home from a 70-mile group hammerfest and still have enough energy to go snorkeling for lobster with my wife, who is 10 years my junior and has her own, eh, needs as well.

donrhummy said:
Illegal? Yes, unless you're over 35 I believe and your doctor prescribes it for you (and a few other extreme cases).

Bad for you? YES. See, the problem with HGH is that it can make things grow -- everything. It can make bones grow. It can make organs grow. This is why guys like Barry Bonds get huge foreheads and have their feet and elbows grow even though they're 40 years old. It's also why guys can have ripped abs and yet have a distended gut - from the organ growth. It can also kill you in too high dosages (while it was his body producing it, this is how Andre the Giant died).
All true, but the guys you're talking about are body builders and nut jobs running dosages 10-fold what any weekend warrior would run.

helmutRoole2 - Dude that is an awsome avitar!

For full benefits of HCG high doses are usually neccessary. The problem is if you take it long enough you will end up needing to take it long term. Financially at least 2K per month. Of course we havent even talked about synthroid or insulin.

thetmqdoc said:
helmutRoole2 - Dude that is an awsome avitar!

For full benefits of HCG high doses are usually neccessary.
I have read this and it's likely true. Doc, aside from distended gut, what are the other health consequences relating to running HGH six months/year?

And what dosages would your recommend.

My knowledge in this area is limited because of the costs involved.

helmutRoole2 said:
I have read this and it's likely true. Doc, aside from distended gut, what are the other health consequences relating to running HGH six months/year?

And what dosages would your recommend.

My knowledge in this area is limited because of the costs involved.
I mentioned some of them: people get weird bone growths. Look at Barry Bonds' head for example. Others get elbows that jut out (which not only look weird but make fully extending their arms impossible). Advice: don't play with this ****.

donrhummy said:
I mentioned some of them: people get weird bone growths. Look at Barry Bonds' head for example. Others get elbows that jut out (which not only look weird but make fully extending their arms impossible). Advice: don't play with this ****.
I believe most of the negative side-effects come with extended and heavy use. One of the more interesting neg effect is the gapping of the front teeth you can find in the bodybuilding profession. I'd just like a minimal dose here and there to give a little benefit. :)