Think Of The Children! No, really.

Jon Senior wrote:

> It may just be Edinburgh. It may just be that I've been really
> unlucky in the people I meet, but when the country runs a
> campaign to explain that everyone is equal regardless of race
> which involves radio ads, posters on the sides of buses etc. I
> begin to suspect that there may actually be a problem.
>
> I believe that it will get better simply as more cultures move
> in and mix in the level of tolerance will undoubtedly
> increase, but to deny it would appear to be turning a blind
> eye!

I think you've just been unlucky. I've friends of various ethnic backgrounds
and they don't find Edinburgh a racist place to live. I've found religous
bigotry to be more of a problem but even that is not too bad these days
compared with when I was a kid.

The worst example I came accross was a few years ago when we were recruting
for lab staff and the HR manager told the QC manager that he had removed the
applications from applicants that had gone to the wrong school. The QC
manager asked to see them anyway.
--
Mark

1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.