Thinking about a bike, (cannondale)

omfgzhenry

May 21, 2006
SO, I was wondering if anyone has rode the 2006 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 1.
Is it any good? Does it have a smooth feel amongst the pedals? Does it deliver a bumpy ride?
I'm curious to know about the bike.
Any information that could be supplyed would be greatly appreciated.
=]

Hi,

I have a carbon 2 and love it.

Goods:
Very smooth ride and takes road shocks like anything else.
Looks Good
Light-mine was 7.6kgs w/o pedals (Ultegras mostly)

Bads:
If you get the carbon look (which I have) it scatches easy
People want to steal it

Generally, the frame is compact. More agressive racers will find the six13 or the CAAD8 a sharper/faster/stiffer ride. If you are like me, who do 80-100kms mostly on weekends and commute, the Synapse is perfect. Still fast enough and climbs like a monkey.

Frame is the only Cannondale that is not "handmade in USA".

Hope that helps.

Is the "Carbon 1" the Dura-Ace model? I have one of those if so. (Got rid of the Ksyrium SLs for a custom wheelbuild though) The carbon Synapses are all identical frame-wise, and to be brutally honest I don't think Dura-Ace 10 is worth paying heaps extra for. I was underwhelmed when going from my old Ultegra-10 bike to Dura-Ace 10.. it probably felt a bit better, but if you blindfolded me I don't think I'd reliably be able to tell them apart.

I love it, it's perfect for the kind of road rides I do.. I rambled on about it here link to past thread and this one too

Questions..

Is it any good?

Yes, if you're someone who goes on long road rides and isn't interested in The Stiffest Race Machine At All Costs, it's perfect.

Does it have a smooth feel amongst the pedals?

Not quite sure what you mean, a smooth feel amongst the pedals would be more a bottom bracket bearing thing :confused: Pretty much everything about this bike is smooth though.

Does it deliver a bumpy ride?

No, it's very muted. Not noticeable right away, but you sure will after a couple of hours! Wheelset, tyre choice and pressure will also play into this.

I have to agree with HT606 about the black matte carbon look. It looks great (very understated.. unusual for a 'dale..) but the translucent coating over most of the frame shows up every scratch and dirt and uncleanness-mark. Or maybe I just don't wash it enough. ;)

The blue paint job is actual paint so doesn't show dirt so much. Too bad the colour scheme looks like "Tron, meet Austin Powers"